Tutsi's A.I. Patches

ashwinkm said:
well we have a problem here.... The CPU plays waaaaay too slow .SA are now 97/4 chasing 239 in the 4th innings from .... 58 overs!!!!!!! Thats less than 2 runs per over. Even folks like Kallis at full confidence and having faced nearly 112 balls play quite slowly .It is very very tough to get them out as in 58 overs I have only taken 4 wickets. I got two edges initiially with the new ball.Then Kallis and Smith dug in and put on 74 runs in abour 240 balls. After a long , boring partnership Kallis finally tried to play a cover drive uppishly and was caught. The next over Smith tried the same shot and got out. Now the next two batsman have scored 3 runs in 90 balls. Tutsi I like the fact that it is harder to get the batsman out but it becomes really boring if they dont try to score at all.I dont understand how Pollock was playing so well in the first innings though?? It would be nice if the batsmen start playing shots a little earlier and play to their attributes, ie Kallis shouldnt play like Dravid or Martyn

hi....well i understand ur problem....but the fact that the pacing files for cricket 2004 are NOT AT ALL complicated, this makes it difficult to set the correct aggressiveness for the batsman. the thing is that we can only set the average aggressiveness for the batsman. as there is no pacing files for test like we have for ODI. we can not set as to how a batsman should play under different situations. many times batsman do play sensibly and play according to the situation. but i'm afraid sometimes they do play stupidly.

hmm....u can look at it this way....Maybe SAF are trying to save the test match instead of winning it. We know that if they play well they can win but maybe Cricket 2004's AI have set the CPU's mind to save the test instead of trying to win it.

Well they are now 139/5 off almost 82 overs.They have almost the entire last day day left to score around 80 runs. I think if they continue playing this way they might actually win since wickets are very very hard to come by ..Thinking about it carefully its not a bad strategy , boring for me perhaps but not bad. .. I am going to find it very hard to get them out if they dont go for their shots and since they only need one run per over they can afford to play slowly.

At lunch on the last day SA are 171/6 off 105 overs and need 62 runs more with two full sessions left.Another boring session of play as the batsman never really tried to keep the score board ticking. Mckinzie is batting at 38 off 185 balls and pollock just started with 0 of 6 balls. Mark Boucher was the last man out , caught off the bowling of Ganguly for a painful innings of 1 run off 72 balls. My happiest moment of the day was when Mckenzie finally lofted nehra on vacant space for a single.. finally some semblance of attacking play.. I still think that Indias chances of winning are rather remote since SA appears to be determined to not lose wickets. Tutsi.. I appreciate your making the CPU hard to get out , but I wish they werent turned in Boycott /Shastri clones.What makes it really tough is that every single batsman plays the same damn way , meaning they each hang around for atleast 50-60 balls without even opening their account . And the tail isnt that easy to get out either......

yea...it turning out to be quite a boring but rather intrested match in respect to the patch. i mean....i'll wanna know as to who will win the match.

i guess 1-2 more matches will throw a bit more light on as to how the cpu plays in different occasions.

yes its interesting , but I dread the next session - more stonewalling!!!!!!!!

??????????????????????
what r u guys talking about
how come I never come across this sort of things
I am playing Ind vs. Aus on hard pitch and sunny conditions
Aus won the toss and elected to bat
and much to my surprise
I got them all out for just 56 runs within 20 overs
5 wickets for balaji and pathan
but here r few strange things from ashwinkm's game
aus where 0 for 3 still the first batsman who came out smashed his first ball which was a yorker for 4 cpu was looking to punish anything loose
even though they had lost plenty of wickets
but kept bowling on right length so cpu couldnt score
finally I got bored autoplayed 5 overs where luckly few runs where scored
then I bowled 2 overs got few more wickets and autoplayed again
thanks to autoplay cpu managed 56 runs
another intresting thing was all 7 wickets fell playing a defensive shot
while 3 who actually got there confidence high fell playing square drive to a intentional loose ball with my offside jam packed...
then came my batting
as I am agressive by nature (atlest when I play cricket) I go for my shots right away
as a result I lost 3 quick wickets for just 28 runs
my both openers got out caught in slips
trying to play advance coverdrive and back foot coverdrive respectively
third wicket was caught in slips too when i tried to play advance on drive to a yorker
since then wickets kept of falling at regular interval until
pathan came in
then ganguly and pathan steadied my sinking ship playing for almost two sessions
having huge partnership of 350+ runs in which much to my surprise
pathan scored 178 and ganguly 222*
so I was all out with grand total for something around 600+ and lead of 550+
my score would have around 200 something if it wherent for that huge partnership
Aus starts...6 overs 10 runs no wickets
then at 7 over they where 14/2
there wickets kept on falling at regular intervales
until lehman and gilchrist had 50+ runs partnership
but as soon as they where out it was all over
Aus all out in second inning for just 128 runs
my bowling hero once again balaji with 7 wickets
game over in less than 2 days

all in all a good patch cant complain about cpu a lot
cause cpu is going to be a cpu
it doesnt have sence to not to play a certain shot cause of fielder there
so far I have played 3 test matches by ur patch
in first tow matches cpu atleast managed 200+ though
and got me out for 300+
good thing is cpu doesnt throw away its wicket
bad thing is human brain always find a way to overcome that :)

ITS A TIE!!!!!!!!! What an amazing end to the match . I know I shouldnt be putting up screenshots but I think this one is worth it.... SA were 231 all out in the final session of the fifth day in 130 excruciating overs. Pollock and Adams seemed to lose their patience and finally started to go for their shots as victory seemed certain. I then started juggling my field around till I had 7 men on the off side and they were still clearing my field by hitting above them into vacant areas. I managed to finally get them both out .I was sure I had lost and started losing my patience and gave away too many wides in the last few overs (Extras -49) and when the scores were even Balaji bowled one outside off stump and Adams chased hit , tried to play a cover drive but the ball was uppish and caught. What a match!! It was a great feeling since I had toiled over the entire weekend and bowled 130 overs on the trot and was almost going to throw the monitor out the window .. out of sheer frustration! But the end result was quite amazing.. simply the best ending to a test that I have had so far..

Attachments

• SA vs India.jpg
    SA vs India.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 125
  • batting card.jpg
    batting card.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 121
ashwinkim you must be feeling sick after playing 130 over's.
I always get headech when i play long inning's.

You bet !! 130 overs of stonewalling..... It would have been better if they had atleast tried to hit since I would have had a break in the monotony!

If you want them to be more aggressive,you should try increasing the CPUReward,under Test Match Hard

Ok i know this ain for screenshots but i am halfway thru a good match and thouht id help share my experiences of tutsi 7.4b batting tech patch. Am just starting an ashes tour of australia. First match against Chairmans X11 (who have a bloody good team fo a warm up game lol). ODI game, green pitch, sunny and warm conditions i win the toss and chose to bowl first. If im honest i expected to roll them over easily. I made a good start, i got a few early wickets. I had to use the field editor because they were scoring a stupid amount of runs off very wide edges, and many edges (off a square cut) going over the keepers head. It was lookig like i would get them out for under 150 but they managed a nice middle to lower order partnership. I managed to keep one end quiet thru the bowling of ashley giles but one thing which i did note was not one single defensive shot was played throughout the whole innings, even after the 15th over. If this could be tweaked it might be a little bit more realistic, especialy in te middle part of the innings. I eventually go them all out for 214 after 42 overs. Overall i was impressed by the cpu batting, if edges had gone my way they would have score at least 50+ less runs but nevermind. Just thik te pacing from over 20-35 needs to be tweaked a little so the good balls are ocassionally blocked. Am about to bat, i suck on green surfaces so ill be suprised if i win this one.

score.jpg

fd4075ba.jpg

I started a one day on hard , world series against Aus and Eng with India on a normal pitch , cloudy conditions. England opted to bat and are struggling at 24/5 of 13 overs. PAthan was almost unplayable , taking 4 wickets for just 8 runs off 6 overs. The CPU tends to get out to uppishly played cover drives and square cuts . All 5 wickets fell to the same two shots - and went to the same two fielders- either backward point or cover point..... Also the CPU seems to get lost when I keep fielders on the off, instead of trying to work the ball onto the leg side it keeps hitting them to the fielders on the off which is why their run rate is so low.

I noticed the same thing in the one dayer i just played

Normal pitch, level hard, patch 7.4b
India all out for 39
mcgrath 7 wickets for 13 runs
Lee 2 wickets for 24 runs

All wickets were with the same type of delivery and computer hit it to same fielders every time.

ball pitched wide of stumps but not wide enough to be called wide and bouncing to around chest height.
Any time the cpu(righthander) plays a <--- and back foot power/no power shot it goes straight to the fielders in the air.
Unless they completely miss time it then it will be edged for four over slips

When i play the same shot and time it well i also get out as it goes straight to fielders

Well i didnt bowl like this i tried to vary my deliverys a little, probably why i didnt notice this, but im not the best at bowling anyway.

i normally just bowl one like that every over but after noticing everytime i did it i got a wicket i kept on trying to bowl it there to see if its a major problem that needs fixing.
And it is :(

ashwinkm said:
I started a one day on hard , world series against Aus and Eng with India on a normal pitch , cloudy conditions. England opted to bat and are struggling at 24/5 of 13 overs. PAthan was almost unplayable , taking 4 wickets for just 8 runs off 6 overs. The CPU tends to get out to uppishly played cover drives and square cuts . All 5 wickets fell to the same two shots - and went to the same two fielders- either backward point or cover point..... Also the CPU seems to get lost when I keep fielders on the off, instead of trying to work the ball onto the leg side it keeps hitting them to the fielders on the off which is why their run rate is so low.

hi....thnx for pointing out this. it seems these 2 shots are making the life of CPU batsman a living hell, especially the square cut one. i will try and do away with it.

actually i edited these 2 shots in this way so that it creates a bit of realism, but it seems it got "TOO REAL" for everyone's liking.

com'on guys tell me more, is there any other thing/problem in the patch.

littlegenius90 said:
??????????????????????
what r u guys talking about
how come I never come across this sort of things
I am playing Ind vs. Aus on hard pitch and sunny conditions
Aus won the toss and elected to bat
and much to my surprise
I got them all out for just 56 runs within 20 overs
5 wickets for balaji and pathan
but here r few strange things from ashwinkm's game
aus where 0 for 3 still the first batsman who came out smashed his first ball which was a yorker for 4 cpu was looking to punish anything loose
even though they had lost plenty of wickets
but kept bowling on right length so cpu couldnt score
finally I got bored autoplayed 5 overs where luckly few runs where scored
then I bowled 2 overs got few more wickets and autoplayed again
thanks to autoplay cpu managed 56 runs
another intresting thing was all 7 wickets fell playing a defensive shot
while 3 who actually got there confidence high fell playing square drive to a intentional loose ball with my offside jam packed...
then came my batting
as I am agressive by nature (atlest when I play cricket) I go for my shots right away
as a result I lost 3 quick wickets for just 28 runs
my both openers got out caught in slips
trying to play advance coverdrive and back foot coverdrive respectively
third wicket was caught in slips too when i tried to play advance on drive to a yorker
since then wickets kept of falling at regular interval until
pathan came in
then ganguly and pathan steadied my sinking ship playing for almost two sessions
having huge partnership of 350+ runs in which much to my surprise
pathan scored 178 and ganguly 222*
so I was all out with grand total for something around 600+ and lead of 550+
my score would have around 200 something if it wherent for that huge partnership
Aus starts...6 overs 10 runs no wickets
then at 7 over they where 14/2
there wickets kept on falling at regular intervales
until lehman and gilchrist had 50+ runs partnership
but as soon as they where out it was all over
Aus all out in second inning for just 128 runs
my bowling hero once again balaji with 7 wickets
game over in less than 2 days

all in all a good patch cant complain about cpu a lot
cause cpu is going to be a cpu
it doesnt have sence to not to play a certain shot cause of fielder there
so far I have played 3 test matches by ur patch
in first tow matches cpu atleast managed 200+ though
and got me out for 300+
good thing is cpu doesnt throw away its wicket
bad thing is human brain always find a way to overcome that :)

hi i don't know why the patch is not working correctly for you. trust me i have never gotten the cpu out for such low totals. i'm sure sumthing is seriously wrong over here, coz for other cpu atleast makes a decent total. i think u should install the patch on a fresh gob file and then play and try it.

ok....lets try to solve this....

OK...Tell me how do u get the cpu out soo cheaply? Is there any particular ball on which they get out, or what? Tell me...coz maybe that could be a possible bug which needs to be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread