Tutsi's A.I. Patches

Alright so ill add this and then try again, sounds like its going well for most people though.

Originally posted by waugh machine
why not just make an AI patch with no cosmetic bearing ie. (no kit updates, faces, pitchads or stumps) and then if people want to install their own kits, faces etc. over the patch then so be it...I like using the patches on offer here but some of the kits (especially the Aussie Test kit) are looking shabby and I have to use them if I want the patch to work...

not a criticism, just a suggestion...:cool:

hi guys....sorry for not replyin coz i was on a 2 day holiday. quite happy to see that u all liked my patch.

waugh machine - 99% of the poeple like to play with the latest kits. the default kits s**ks.

if u don't like the NEW aus kit. then u can just copy the one from the deafult GOB file then then patch it into this GOB file.

Originally posted by manojkumar_ms
Hi Tutsi, I played a test match with your 5.0 patch. It is great. Edges occurs on green pitch, spin does its job on dusty pitch and batting is little harder. Altough straight drive is very hard, it geos to either mid on fielder or mid off ones, so no use of it. But the conclusion is its great patch. I will try your 5.1 patch on it. Then I will response you.Bye for Now

well i see no prob. with the staright drive now. if u misstime then only it goes to the mid-off fielder. if u time it right then it surely goes straight enough to beat the fielder.

[if u don't like the NEW aus kit. then u can just copy the one from the deafult GOB file then then patch it into this GOB file. [/B]

But the default Australian Test Kit (which is the only kit I care about) in the game is EXACTLY how it is in real life...there was no need to augment it in any way...doesn't matter anyway coz I just use savtweak to change the weather so they always play in sweaters... :rolleyes: :cool:

Will post review soon, just finishing of a match then will intsall yours.

Hi Tutsi. One thing I noticed that on normal pitch there are more swings. The ball swinga a lot if a professional bowlere is bowling. Two human players are playing a test match between Australia(Brother) and India(me).
Pitch - Green
Climate Overcast(Going to Rain)
Temperature- Cool
Toss: Australia won and elected to field
Patch: Tutsi 5.0 and 5.1
Sams Exe.
India 1st Inning: 78 All Out in 45 overs.
Australia 1st Inning:- Rainfall and then 108 All out 63 Overs.
India 2nd Inning:- 210 Allout (Last 4 wickets fell on 210) in 77 Overs.
Australia: Needs 181 to win but wiped out on 49.
Result: India won by 131 Runs.

The start of first inning of India was bad. As it was green pitch so more numbers of edges were occured. The top batsmen were in pavilion soon as they were facing G. McGrath, Jason Gillispe and Bichel. After luch little did the lower order batsmen, but still could not cross 100.

Australia 1st inning were good at the starting, but collaspe in front of slow left arm bowling by Yuvraj Singh and spinner Murli Kartik.

Anyway after that I changed the pitch to Dusty and weather to sunny by Save Tweak, hence India 2nd inning had given a good start as less number of edges due to dusty pich, but sooner they collapse in front of S. Mc Gill and Katich as pitch was supporting them. As I mention above that lst 4 wickets were fell on 210 only, these two bowlers shared between them.

So Australia required 181 to win, but they were 20 for 8 and last two wickets shared 19 runs by slogging of Mc Grath and Gilispie( Thanks to them).Here all credits went to Pathan and Balaji. So they were all out on 49 and India won by 131 runs.

So here is the review Tutsi using your patch 5.0 and 5.1.

well...thnx for the above review but 1 thing u forgot to mention are ur reactions or comments on as to how did u find these things. i mean u found my patch good,average,etc depending upon the above match's result.

i hope u understood what i'm trying to say.

Well Tutsi I like your patch hence only I am using your patch. Swings are there, inside edges are there,spinners also do their jobs well, timing matters otherwise you will be soon seated in pavilion. Its good patch.

HI TUTSI been playing patch in TEST mode 4 a few days
know find patch excellent played ENG V NZ normal pitch
and low and behold match ended as draw
I ONLY LIKE TO BOWL so use autoplay for batting
have not played 1Day as like playing TESTS at work all
weekend so let u know how Iam getting on early next week
thanx for the patch

Hey Tutsi, I have used your patch in a practice match, where in I tested the strokes, the CPU AI, and also how aggressive the CPU plays, and some other small stuffs.

What I do still notice, that the CPU does not play according to the situation always.
For example in a test match, the CPU does start of well at times, but then after sometime, they start playing shots a bit too often and probably a bit carelessly at times. What happens is that the CPU often throws away well earned leads, and loses five to six wickets pretty quickly. Though I must say this is a lot better than it was earlier. Also, when the CPU does indeed start hitting, it continues to do so on nearly every ball, and the test match becomes more like a ODI game.

Coming to the batting, i found everything is near perfect though i do agree with manojkumar regarding the straight drive. Even if you do time the shot correctly, very very rarely does it beat the fielder.(i.e goes between the mid off and mid on fielders with enough power).

This was only a practice game(wherein I often use Autoplay and savtweak) , and I have yet to test the patch on an actual tour /season match. I am using a slightly modified version of your 4.1 patch for my present tour, and I am very happy with it. However v5.1 has fixed several bugs, and I might modify it slightly myself and use it for my next tour match (against Zimbabwe)

Originally posted by m_vaughan

What I do still notice, that the CPU does not play according to the situation always.
For example in a test match, the CPU does start of well at times, but then after sometime, they start playing shots a bit too often and probably a bit carelessly at times. What happens is that the CPU often throws away well earned leads, and loses five to six wickets pretty quickly. Though I must say this is a lot better than it was earlier. Also, when the CPU does indeed start hitting, it continues to do so on nearly every ball, and the test match becomes more like a ODI game.

Using the config editor, edit the test HARD file as follows in the cpu stroke selection segment

If cpu reward =22(default), then amend it to 21
If cpu request = 1(default), then amend it to 0.9
Amend cpu difficulty to 0.4XXXXXXX

This is assuming the default values were in place with tutsi's patch (the 22, the 1 value etc)

Whilst there are many factors than can influence cpu aggression, if the default values are currently being used, then amending to the above values should help (it does in my games anyway)

Cheers

hello tutsi
i have original gob file but the patch is not working plz tell me which type of gob file r required

Users who are viewing this thread