TV Series General Discussion

Anyone seen the Revolution pilot?

Going to watch it, the full first season comes out on the 17th I believe. The pilot is on NBC's website.

Doesn't exactly look my type of show, but it's simply a must watch with Giancarlo Esposito.

Watched it, and in all honesty it is fairly poor. Giancarlo Esposito is great, but the whole plot is incredibly predictable and the acting of the other characters isn't very special at all. The concept would fit a film quite well, but I don't feel it'll work too well as series.

Definitely won't be watching any more of it.

Just finished The Wire. THE greatest TV show ever made. Seriously, if you haven't watched this show then go do so right now!

really?

I thought it was good and entertaining but disappointing by HBO standards.

Omar coming y'all!

The set of characters is universally brilliant, the writing is outstanding, there are so many brilliant scenes, brilliant quotes and the themes of the show are fantastic. It's a show like no other. I love that everything isn't neatly wrapped up at the end of every show/season, it gradually goes along each episode. Even The Sopranos (what I class as the next best show) had a tendency to finish the story in one episode then move onto the next.

Season 3 + 4 especially are outstandingly well written. The complexities of the 4 kids in season 4 is incredible, and their developments as characters is incredible to see.

Nearly every scene really does matter, and those that don't really matter are either brilliant bits of drama or comedy. The show is so complex and multi-layered. To quote Lester Freamon, "...all the pieces matter." I realise I'm starting to sound like a bit of a tool now so I'll stop. :p

Omar is such a badass but he wouldn't even be in my top 5 characters tbh.

I realise I'm starting to sound like a bit of a tool now so I'll stop. :p
Haha - do you think so? This is the only line you wrote that I disagreed with. You know what you like, you like it passionately, and you're able to communicate that passion.

It's posts like yours that make this thread worth having. I have a fuller appreciation of the show for having read it.

Previously I thought it was good and worthy without exactly being historic :p. Having read that, I will acknowledge that it must have been even better than I had thought...

^Agreed man.

I've had The Wire and The Sopranos on my to-watch list for a long time now, you've helped me decide which I'll watch first:).

----------

Boardwalk Empire this weekend, pretty pumped:cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished series 1 of New Girl, was better at the start. The last few episodes are a bit crap.

BBT is horrendously bad all of a sudden

Two of my favourite shows are Peep Show and Sherlock, both of which will have new series in the coming months. :)

Watched a few episodes of Citizen Khan, quite funny. It's on at 10.30 on BBC 3. IT funny if your asian it is so close to the truth

no it's not. It's an awful excuse for a TV show. Embarrassing that it actually managed to get aired. BBC have thrown up some right shite recently.

Been watching the new seasons of Boardwalk, Homeland and South Park. Anyone watching these?

Users who are viewing this thread