Twenty20 Champions League

Who will win the Twenty20 Champions League 2009

• Total voters
But what really annoys me is that players who play in both IPL and another league will turn out for the much richer Indian team. You could have a ludicrous situation where a player such as Ryan McLaren who did nothing but sit on the bench during IPL turning out for an IPL team and not Kent Spitfires where he is seen as absolutley critical to the team. The IPL side obviously wont need him, they have a much larger squad but they'll take him because the whole thing is set up so the IPL teams have the greater advantage.

Ryan McLaren also plays for the Eagles so it will be harder to decide who he plays for since his IPL team isn't there.

The difference between the Uefa Champions League and this is that in the UCL, there isn't players who are contracted to two different teams. The IPL has a major advantage as they get first choice so for the Cape Cobras they lose Kallis, Gibbs and Boucher, how is that fair.

The Eagles also lose a player and I am sure the other teams will lose player too. This is a tournament in India, Heavily weighted towards the Indian teams.

The IPL has a major advantage as they get first choice so for the Cape Cobras they lose Kallis, Gibbs and Boucher, how is that fair.

The IPL teams will get first choice? From where did you get this news? I'm not aware of this, but if this is true then it's really really unfair.

Its a joke really. But then with the money involved it can be seen why the other teams still want to participate. If the Copras lose Kallis, Gibbs and Boucher, then its really really disappointing.

I think that 3rd Indian team should have been a Pakistan team, but they weren't allowed to go to India.
Actually the Pakistan government was not asked about whether they would allow the Sialkot Stallions (or whichever T20 side won) to travel to India. Travel restrictions to India have been eased as of now; Lalit Modi likes to make up bullshit out of his ass all the time.

Ah well, his loss, after all, Sialkot is the #1 T20 side in Cricket. (According to some site I can't remember :p)

Deccan are def. not the best, I'd say it would be Victoria (I think, whichever Australian side keeps winning :p (The one with Hodge and Cam White)).

The IPL teams will get first choice? From where did you get this news? I'm not aware of this, but if this is true then it's really really unfair.

It's reported in quite a few news stories. The IPL team has first rights to any player but they have to pay compensation for using that player. So similar to what NSW is trying with McCullum but he actually gets to choose cause KKR didn't make it.

The poll has been updated, any word on who the 2 TBC teams will be?

aussie1st added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Deccan are def. not the best, I'd say it would be Victoria (I think, whichever Australian side keeps winning :p (The one with Hodge and Cam White)).

Add Dussey to that team as well :p Sadly the will lose Nannes but their bowling depth is one of the best going around.

The poll has been updated, any word on who the 2 TBC teams will be?

The 2 best English teams. Lancashire and Northants are the only 2 who have full points so far, but there's still a long way to go. They have a break for the World Cup for a couple of weeks, then finish the preliminary games at the end of June. Another few weeks off and the quarterfinals are late July, semis and final in mid August.

So, the T20 Champions of the World, not having a representitive in the Champions League. Some Champions League, Mr. Modi, some champions league.

:p

Has that been? Didn't know this. Well, if this is the case, then they might allow a Pakistani team. There's still time. Why don't we wait?
We can wait, but I think Lalit Modi has already set his mind on inviting 2 teams from every country except Pakistan.

Ah well, his loss, not ours.

You dont care about IPL, you dont care about Lalit Modi. Why do you care about a Pakistani T20 domestic team not playing the Champions league? Get on with other work, then! You dont think this is big. Then why bother talking?

Lalit Modi will do whatever he wants. Tensions between India and Pakistan will mean that Pakistan will not be considered when teams from other countries come to the Champions league. You have to cope with it (if you're interested about it)

Users who are viewing this thread