Twenty20 Cup Finals Day 2009

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Any other members going to Finals day this year?

The draw for the semi's has been made.

Currently its:

Kent vs Somerset
Sussex vs (Northants or Hants)

Providing the remaining QF matches ever get played!!!!
No information as to which order the matches will be played in yet.

Ordered my tickets today from Kent, as far as I know I'll be sitting in the Eric Hollies stand, personally would have liked better seats but there was no other choice this year :(

Hoping for a Sussex v Hampshire grudge match in the other semi, don't really mind who Kent get.

Last edited:

Andeeh

School Cricketer
i really want to play hampshire again.

earlier on in the southern group at hove we beat them comfortably 50 by nash who secured the win with a 6.

also to get revenge for this years FP final

adyhorn

County Cricketer
As I'm not affiliated with any counties I'm not going, but I would like Kent to win.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks Adam :D

I was planning on going regardless of who qualified, as I had such a blast at the last 2. But in a spectacular piece of planning (which only the ECB could come up with) Kent were due to play the Convicts on the same day (A match which will now be a Lions vs Convicts game). Shame really, because the club needed the money from a tour game and now they'll be hosting a game in an empty ground making no money.

adyhorn

County Cricketer

I was planning on going regardless of who qualified, as I had such a blast at the last 2. But in a spectacular piece of planning (which only the ECB could come up with) Kent were due to play the Convicts on the same day (A match which will now be a Lions vs Convicts game). Shame really, because the club needed the money from a tour game and now they'll be hosting a game in an empty ground making no money.
Well most of my family live there, so it was a natural choice.

Andeeh

School Cricketer

forgot to say to you have a nice time :)

interesting if it was Kent v Sussex final
i remember at Hove due to our terrible floodlights we just edged it with a magical over by yardy to win on D/L.

Sureshot

Executive member
Don't mention that to Kev!

Actually, the floodlights were working, it was the generator which failed. *runs*

I wish I was going, alas, ?250 odd to spend on a day of cricket is a bit much.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Tough for Lancs who went out on a bowl out after trying to get their QF in since Tuesday.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
I hear that now after South Africa's failure in the World T20 they are now in the English domestic T20 Finals day aswell? :o

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Don't mention that to Kev!

Actually, the floodlights were working, it was the generator which failed. *runs*

I wish I was going, alas, ?250 odd to spend on a day of cricket is a bit much.

:eek:

Really

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Tickets are ?60 for the day.

The first semi starts at 11:30, so you need to be there a bit before (Especially if you are a Sussex or Northants fan). So SS would probably need to travel up the night before as its at a rough guess a 4hr journey from Sussex. Forget getting out of the stadium much before midnight (Especially if your team wins) so that's another night in a hotel. Then calculate how much beer and food you'll consume while you are there and I reckon SS is a bit low in his estimation!

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
I want Kent to win because Somerset are from a place of all this evil but deep down I slighly want Hampshire to win just to piss everyone off

Sureshot

Executive member
Tickets are ?60 for the day.

The first semi starts at 11:30, so you need to be there a bit before (Especially if you are a Sussex or Northants fan). So SS would probably need to travel up the night before as its at a rough guess a 4hr journey from Sussex. Forget getting out of the stadium much before midnight (Especially if your team wins) so that's another night in a hotel. Then calculate how much beer and food you'll consume while you are there and I reckon SS is a bit low in his estimation!

Given we've got the 4th day against Worcs on the Friday, I'll probably be working too! If it's a full day, I couldn't get home before 8 on Friday night...

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
No Matt Prior for Saturday as ECB wants him rested. Big blow for Sussex.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
:laugh Yeh massive blow. The 2 games he played for them in the FP Trophy; he failed with the bat, and they lost. Bet they're gutted that the ECB won't let him play!

Looking forward to Finals day. I'm expecting a Sussex-Somerset final, and although I'd like Somerset to win, as Kieswetter is a legend, I see Sussex winning the thing. Certainly don't see Northants winning it, especially if Panesar plays.

Users who are viewing this thread