Umpires

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
but when it's quite obvious the best two elite umpires by a country mile in the last 3-4 years have been the two youngest on the panel i have to say in practice it seems an age limit should be applied.
There's nothing stopping the younger Umpires from being selected for Internationals though. The ones currently doing the job are there for one reason and one reason only: they're the best at what they do.

King Cricket

International Coach
I am a great fan of Billy Bowden. One of the most colourful characters in cricket right now. His antiques really crack me up.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I disagree with this argument. His job is to officiate the match only, regardless of how many people are in the crowd and whether or not they are being entertained.

I do agree with the age limits, with the ball travelling over 150ks sometimes, it can be difficult as ones eye sight and motor skills diminish with age. However I dont think that really becomes a factor until one is his/her late 50's
Well, Koertzen is 60.

And I'm talking about his consistent idiocy in not starting the 3rd Ashes Test when I was there. A full crowd and we wait for 7 hours until we see a ball and then go off in perfect light. Idiot.

Sureshot

Executive member
I disagree with this argument. His job is to officiate the match only, regardless of how many people are in the crowd and whether or not they are being entertained.

I do agree with the age limits, with the ball travelling over 150ks sometimes, it can be difficult as ones eye sight and motor skills diminish with age. However I dont think that really becomes a factor until one is his/her late 50's

Loss of good vision and growing older don't always go together.

Afridi-Star

School Cricketer
My Favourite

rgs_bucknor_narrowweb__300x469,0.jpg

guna24

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Simon Taufel is the best umpire in world cricket:hpraise:hpraise

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Sanjay Hazare. The man has been 100% accurate with his decisions in all matches he's officiated in the past 2 yrs.

I also like Billy Bowden. And when it comes to quick wit, no one beats Daryl Harper.

Ask Harsha Bhogle :D

guna24

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh man I was so sick of him getting the umpire awards very year thank god he didn't get it this year

so sad he didnt get this award for this year:noway

OffCutters

International Coach
Billy Bowden, because of the way he signals sixes :p Simon Taufel aint a bad umpy as well.

Users who are viewing this thread