Under-19 World Cup 2018

Who will win the latest Under-19 World Cup?

• West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa

• New Zealand

• Afghanistan

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • England

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • India

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Bangladesh

• Sri Lanka

• Zimbabwe

• Total voters

hardik85

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, i know. Sadly our legends are too angry with the board, for good reason. Although Misbah would be a good choice, and he seems to be willing to overlook the board and doesn't have a big ego like Younis or Yousuf.

again no one is trying to cover up for anything. Looking at that match everyone knew that there was something wrong in the way the Indian players played and behaved. When pakistan wins then there are no discussions and if they lose you will see plenty of discussions regarding fixing accusations. Just see pak passion for e.g

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sure, India lost on purpose because they disliked Kumble :rolleyes You win, and that's the last i'll say about this

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Please stay on topic with the U-19 WC.

On topic, India really played well. They had a good plan and utilised a lot of Pakistani mistakes. Worryingly from a Pakistani perspective, nothing seems to have changed from the current situation of failing in chase in the future generations. Pakistan seemed to defend a lot early followed by rash aggression, there were no quick singles nor clever targetting of Indian bowlers.

At the end of the day, credit needs to go to the India batsmen especially Gill. Even with wickets falling around him he made sure to stay till the end all while maintaining a very good strike rate. Then the bowlers finished off the job.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Haven't been following this as much as I'd like to but by the sounds of things Prithvi Shaw seems to be doing bits so no surprises there.
Only other name I recognise is Shaheen Afridi, any ideas as to how he's been getting on?

Also noticed a Kallicharan in the WI squad, any relation to Alvin? Any signs of having the potential of being anywhere near as good?

S

Satan666

Haven't been following this as much as I'd like to but by the sounds of things Prithvi Shaw seems to be doing bits so no surprises there.
Only other name I recognise is Shaheen Afridi, any ideas as to how he's been getting on?

Also noticed a Kallicharan in the WI squad, any relation to Alvin? Any signs of having the potential of being anywhere near as good?

No, not from Guyana so I would assume no.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK

Seems a decent prospect not quite there for international cricket yet. Seems very much a confidence bowler (ala Wahab Riaz). Also wasn't anywhere near as fast as I thought he would be. At the death, he was bowling around the late 70, early 80's mph.

Musa seemed decent, the Pakistani wicketkeeper seemed like a decent choice. However, it was the same old branch of paper - no power hitters or naturally aggressive players in the top 4-5.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Smashing win for India there, but why did Pakistan fold up without any fight whatsoever? After a point, it kinda became a begging case for Indian fans like "Come on Pakistan, give us a fight please". Shubham Gill just showed what a prospect he is expected to be. Prithvi Shaw has been incredibly consistent in this tournament without really setting the stage on fire. And captaincy wise, he has been leading the troops superbly. As always, this tournament has unearthed potential future Indian superstars who are going to be talk of the nation very soon. Shubham, Prithvi, Nagarkoti, Ishan Porel, Shivam Mavi are the guys to really look forward to.

Now onto the final against Australia! If India wins, it will fast track the stardom for these players. Pretty confident India can do it here. Only thing is, they need to guard against complacency. They must forget the league match result against Australia where they thumped Australia by 100 runs. They need to treat it as a fresh start and hit the ground hard.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Smashing win for India there, but why did Pakistan fold up without any fight whatsoever? After a point, it kinda became a begging case for Indian fans like "Come on Pakistan, give us a fight please". Shubham Gill just showed what a prospect he is expected to be. Prithvi Shaw has been incredibly consistent in this tournament without really setting the stage on fire. And captaincy wise, he has been leading the troops superbly. As always, this tournament has unearthed potential future Indian superstars who are going to be talk of the nation very soon. Shubham, Prithvi, Nagarkoti, Ishan Porel, Shivam Mavi are the guys to really look forward to.

Now onto the final against Australia! If India wins, it will fast track the stardom for these players. Pretty confident India can do it here. Only thing is, they need to guard against complacency. They must forget the league match result against Australia where they thumped Australia by 100 runs. They need to treat it as a fresh start and hit the ground hard.
With Dravid as the coach and after hearing the price Gill, Nagarkoti, Shaw earned in IPL and still coming out strong in Semi's without that mattering and causing distraction, I would say the boys are more mature and capable. I do not see complacency mattering.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers

Amazing the way they speak. The calmness is what I like and would love to see Indian cricket get back into.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Australia are really crusing well. A score of 250 plus in finals for this youngsters will get their nerve ticking. Need some quick wickets.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Australia I think are ticking just fine. Although 7 down the score they have is good fighting total for a final.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Tbh 220 against this Indian batting looks too less. Agreed it is a final but with Dravid there, I feel the batters will show a lot of maturity while chasing this down. Bowlers have done brilliantly for us.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Oh that collapse was awesome. I was thinking Australians to score 240-245. 220 is chasable

Users who are viewing this thread