Under 21's -Ollie Holden - An 18 Year Old Playing in the Big Leagues[FM08]

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned

Manchester_United_FC.png

*Knock Knock*

Carlos Queiroz:Come In....Ahh Ollie, Ive been waiting for you. You got my phonecall saying i need to speak to you then?

; No, my phone ran out of battery and havent been able to buy a new charger as i lost my old one on my holiday. But the lads said you needed to see me about something serious.

CQ; Well rather serious Yes, You've been a part of out youth set up for ....

Me: 5 Years..

*Nerves had made me butt in to his speech..*

CQ; Just the point i was about to make, Well we have been impressed throughout your time here and were hopefull you would sign your first professionall contract with us.

*I nearly passed out, It had come as a big surprise the coaches had been pushing me exceptionally hard recently and i had now found the reason why*

Me: Lets go through the negotiations and i will most probably accept as i love the club and want to be an integral part of it for years to come.

Last edited:
Great start to the story good luck mate. Reps for you.

Manchester_United_FC.png

I had managed to hammer out a deal with Carlos for a 3 year deal on 10,000 a week. I was really happy.He told me i was going to be an integral part of the squad.

I read the papers the next day, It was about my step up into the big leagues of football. I'd come from a horrible background, Born in Carlisle, my life was never going to be easy. I'd been on the wrong sides of gangs and violent people and I'd got myself in many a fight. Sometimes the winner sometimes getting badly beaten. I'd turned to football as the asnwer. I joined my local club, I started as a defender using my physicality as an advantage but after my coach had realised I'd scored 5 goals in 3 games he tried me up front. That's when it began, I was scroing goals on a regular basis. The last game of my 1st season was a top of the table clash. I was in the right place at the right time, Big games brought the best out of me and it paid the price i got county trials and got in. Then came along Manchester United, My favourite club, I had the video of their 98/99 season and used to sit there and re-watch the memorable Champions League Final with shivers going down my spine. I knew this was what i wanted to do.

Champions League Final

Good luck at Manchester United hope it all goes well.

Manchester_United_FC.png

The season came through thick and fast and i didnt have enought time to reflect on what had been and how my life was going at the moment as i was gifted my first start against SC Verl. They were a german side, Tev scored in the 39th minute with a header at the near post, they then pulled one back, Gigsy scored the winner in the 79th minute. Overall i thought i played reasonably well, I got a rating of 6 and was subbed after 79 minutes.

The next game was against Rostcok, another German team, Again i started this time playing the full 90. We took the lead through Wazza on the 18th minute after a cheeky lob. Then came my chance on the stroke of half time I scored my first goal. It was cheeky back heel. Ronaldo passed me the ball and i got the ball just inside the 6 yard box with my back facing the goal and decided i would try something cheeky and luckily it payed off. Although i had scored Sir Alex had a bit of a go at me. We ended up winning 3-0 with Wayne grabbing a second. I was given a rating of 8, I was starting to felt as if i belonged.

Manchester_United_FC.png

Champions Shield Time;My first real game as United player. My whole family was at the stadium.I was really pumped for the game. I would be starting as Wayne has injured himself during our 3-0 win over Rostock. So I was starting with Teves up front. We were struck with injuries all of Ji-Sung, Neville, Foster, Saha, Owen and Mikey. So the lineups looked like this;
Teams.jpg

I ran out onto the pitch, I was full of nerves and felt like I was going to be sick. I knew i just had too run it off, but the nerves showed I was given the ball in the first couple of minutes and missed an open opprtunity. In the 16th minute the new chelsea signing Luka Modric. I was gutted, My missed oportunity meant we were 1-0 down. It stayed like that untill half time, Sir Alex said that we needed to put more into our game but admitted we didnt deserve to be 1-0 down. The second half was a bore not much really happened untill with 10 minutes to go Sir Alex told us to go out on the attack chances came through but nobody managed to convert. We had lost my first real game as a United Player. I was gutted.
Untitled-12.jpg

Untitled2-1.jpg

Edwin was deservedly man of the match as he produced some magnificent saves.

Unlucky there Holdie hope that doesn't deflate your confidence in the league.

awesme story well written well organised

good work love it keep it up great work on first goal hope Man U(NOT:)) have a good season

Manchester_United_FC.png

I was demoralized after a 1-0 loss to a team I really wanted to beat and I felt worse as i had missed an opportunity in the 1st minute. As I sat with my parents they began to tell me that I shouldnt be so hard on myself as that was my first big game for the club and I had every right to be nervous. But the start of the Premiership loomed and Alex gave us an announcement during the week;
Sir Alex Ferguson;
Right lads, I have decided this is the right time to strengthen our squad, With great pleasure I introduce my first new signing....Juan Roman Riquelme. I have also had two contracts accepted by Edison Mendez and Ezequiel Garay. I hope these 3 can settle in well and lets win the treble!
I was amazed not only would i be playing with such players as Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez but now Riquelme. Mendez was a fairly uknown player to me but im sure we would become good mates as the season and our careers went on. Mendez and Garay were coming later as they required work permits and needed to be accepted by the FA. But we were told Riquelme would start in the next game against Tottenham.

The matchday came and the teams lined up like this;
vstottenham.jpg

I was on the bench but i was okay with that as Wayne and Carlos were quality strikers. Overall i was happy to be on the bench. The match started off with a bang and carried on for the first 20 minutes, Carlos opened the scoring in the 11th minute with a long range shot which curled into the top right hand corner. We had only been in the lead for 4 minutes and Steed Malbranque decided to equalize for Fulham. It was 1-1 and we thought the game would settle down but know debutant Riquelme marked his debut with a bang has he rifled home a shot on the edge of the area and made it 2-1. It did settle down from there. But it Vidic headed back into our own net to make It 2-2 after just over 30 minutes. The rest of the game was fairly bland I came on in the 56th minute to make my away debut. I swapped with Wayne and he wished me luck I tried as hard as I could but couldn't give us the winner and we settled with the point after 90 minutes. Sir Alex wasn't happy but im sure Nema wont sleep well tonight.
vstottenham2.jpg

3 days later we faced Alex Mcleish's Birmingham side. The team was unchanged so again I sat on the bench, but if thats where I was going to be I was ecstatic because I hade made the 16. The first half was boring and it ended 0-0. Sir Alex got us fired up and it showed as a minute into the second half Wayne scored his 1st of the new season. We were 1-0 up and for the next few minutes are game really started to flow and everything was going right. In the 61st minute Carlos scored his 2nd in two games as we started to break up the Brum defence. I came on ten minutes later again for Wayne he was pleased he had scored and wished me the best have luck to. I chose my moment perfectly 89th minute Ryan made a run down the wing after Juan gave him a long ball, Ryan crossed in and that moment everything seemed to pause I was in midair with the ball just about to hit my forehead eveything started again and before I knew it I had just scored my first home goal in my home debut. The crowd went wild and my name was chanted
Manchester Crowd
There's only one Ollie Holden
One Ollie Holden
He's walking along, singing his song
Walking in a winter Wonderland

It was original but my dreams had come true. Just for good measure Juan popped one home. The final whistle went and we had trounced the Brum 4-0.
brum.jpg

Unlucky with the draw but luckily you got a win and loving the chant.

awesome win, awesome debut, awesome writing

great story I may do something in teh same style....this is inspiring

Doesn't seem to be much intrest..Although i will keep going

Users who are viewing this thread