BBI:9/83

List-A-
Ave:17.92
BBI:6/39
Econ:3.70

T-20-
Ave:7.83
Econ:4.70

A lot of Sri Lankans have great bowling averages, so its no surprise. He's also 31.

----------

So, he's certainly an upcoming talent. :p

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Definitely, James Taylor. He showed promise in the CL and he's done great in the county scene too. Would love to see Stokes too since he's a budding all-rounder.
Jos Buttler's too good as well, he plays with aggression and he could be England's next WK. For Australia it's Cummins and Patinson.

The guy who rips all of them is Vernon Philander. What a start to his career.

Ahmad Shah

Panel of Selectors
Marchand de Lange who's already taken 7 wickets in his only test is a great talent,he is expected to be one of South-Africa's future stars.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Probably cause no Aussie posters have posted :p
He is definitely one to watch out for, just struggling to get into the batsmen heavy Victorian side. Michael Hill was another talented Victorian who was being talked about around the same time as Hughes however he hasn't kicked on at all. Also helps if you make an impact early on like Kurits Patterson.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Patterson is one player to watch out for in the future.A big hundred on debut and a no to a BBL contract to focus on playing FC matches he is an ideal player for Test matches for Australia in the future.

mgt98

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Theres no way that guys 12. No way.
2858.jpg

:p

I doubt it too.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Pat Cummins is one of my new favs. Fast, aggressive and still so young, he could maybe fill the void left in me after Aamir's incarceration.

I've always talked up Adil Rashid for England and I'm adding Junaid Khan for Pakistan to my list of "Future World Beaters".

It's such a relief to finally be talking about young, bowling talent, especially fast bowling, in an era where batsmen are a dime a dozen. :cheers

----------

2858.jpg

I doubt it too.

I couldn't find that picture on cricinfo for some reason but I searched on google and in some full body pictures you can tell his 12, maybe 13-14 but nothing more. He has started I can see but then again I started shaving when I was 13 or 14. Some guys look older, just how it is.

mgt98

School Cricketer
Pat Cummins is one of my new favs. Fast, aggressive and still so young, he could maybe fill the void left in me after Aamir's incarceration.

I've always talked up Adil Rashid for England and I'm adding Junaid Khan for Pakistan to my list of "Future World Beaters".

It's such a relief to finally be talking about young, bowling talent, especially fast bowling, in an era where batsmen are a dime a dozen. :cheers
Spot on. Cricket is definitely a batsman's game nowadays and it's good to see some fast bowlers coming through. And I'd hate to brag, but Cummins is from my local area. :D

I couldn't find that picture on cricinfo for some reason but I searched on google and in some full body pictures you can tell his 12, maybe 13-14 but nothing more. He has started I can see but then again I started shaving when I was 13 or 14. Some guys look older, just how it is.

Even then, he's doing pretty well to be playing u19 cricket for his country at such a young age.

lancashire666

International Coach
He's got a little international experience now, but Junaid Kahn is a fantastic bowler.

I watched him lots last year for Lancashire, and he's got everything a good quick bowler needs, I fully expect him to go on and be a fixture for Pakistan in all forms of cricket for a long time

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I think de Lange is overrated. I think he'll have a lot of success for his 'shock' factor - that pace off that short run. But once that wears off...don't see much about him. Maybe I'm wrong. He's just raw now. Maybe he'll develop into a genuinely good quick. But at the moment he isn't as exciting as Pattinson or Cummins or Starc.

Bracewell too...he looks good, but not great. Honest seamer, reasonable control, gets some swing, hits the deck, decent pace. But don't see him going on to do great things in the future tbh. Same for Lyon. Don't see how Lyon is a markedly better talent than Krejza. He's just Krejza but younger and a bit more control, but less turn.

Guys like ABD, Kohli, Rahane, Mathews (with the bat), Pattinson, Cummins, Starc, Broad, Finn, Darren Bravo...I can see these guys doing big things in the next 5-10 years.

Users who are viewing this thread