Story (UPDATED)Englands road to the Number one slot! (ICC 2006)

Acepowers

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello everyone, I?m new to this site and I?ve decided that it would be fun to create a story of England on my ICC 2006 game; I have been inspired by other stories on this forum. My aim is to get to that number one as the worlds best Test and One day match team.

The Story begins ? England V Sri Lanka

Test 1 ?

My Team ?

aiic20061mo8.jpg

Sri Lanka wins the toss and bat.

Sri Lanka 1st Innings-

Starts off well with an early wicket from Hoggard trapping Tharanga LBW. Then an 80 run partnership from Sangakkara and Jayawardene steadies the innings. Sangakkara goes on to a 100 before being caught off the bowling of Jones. The only two other contributors are Dilshan and Vandort. Panesar and Flintoff polish off the innings and Sri Lanka finish on a good 438. Not a great start to my England reign.

Batting card -

aiic20062xk5.png

Englands 1st Innings-

Innings starts off bad with dismissal of Trescothick, but Strauss and KP steady the inning both with 100?s, then a middle order collapse is saved by the tail wagging with Flintoff at the helm. We end with 460 and lead by 22 runs.

Batting card -

aiic20063ul8.png

Sri Lanka 2nd Innings -

An 88 run opening stand and an brilliant 250 run 2nd wicket stand put Sri Lanka in the driving seat and leave me with a day to get 422. I decide I have no chance and go to see out the day for a draw. Can we survive on a last day where the conditions are seeming to favour bowlings??

Batting card -

aiic20064hr0.png

England 2nd Innings -

The answer is no, a poor batting performance finishes off what was a bad test match for England.

Batting card -

aiic20065nk6.png

Here is the final summary -

aiic20066xl7.jpg

Ill continue with this if i get some good reviews, to see if im just wasting my time? Took me ages to do this one. :) Be nice!

Last edited:

Roofrom50

International Coach
Awsome, good to see another ICC06 story evolving in this forum, good luck mate, to bad you couldnt come up with a win in the 1st game

Acepowers

School Cricketer
2nd Test match ? Lets hope that the boys do better to pull this series back.

My Team ? I decided to bring in Giles for a bit more experience.

aiic20067bq2.jpg

Sri Lanka wins the toss and bat.

Sri Lanka 1st Innings ?

Starts off well for Sri Lanka with half centuries from Tharanga, Jayawardene and Dilshan, the tail is polished up by Giles for relatively few runs. Sri Lanka finished on 337 on a good batting track.

Batting card -

aiic20068jy5.png

England 1st Innings ?

Not a great performance, only KP managing to get a half century, it was a pitch where it seemed a batsmen was never in. Sri Lanka leads 45 runs.

Batting card -

aiic20069mp8.png

Sri Lanka 2nd Innings ?

A good performance from Hoggard gives England a chance with a day and a half to get 320. Can they get it??

Batting card ?

aiic200610at0.png

England 2nd Innings ?

What an innings on a rain affected last day, KP and Vaughan lead England to a great victory both scoring centuries. But it was tight as the match was won with a 4 by prior on the last over of the match.

Batting card ?

aiic200611wq5.png

England levels the series and goes into the final Test with confidence that they can win the series. With KP on good form, anything can happen.

Here is the final summary ?

aiic200612hf6.png

Users who are viewing this thread