VB Series

barmyarmy said:
If you have a problem with a post use the report post button or PM a staff member.
Yes I probably should have done that. Although given that the post was only slanderous probably would not have amounted to much. Anyways I am sorry. Next time I will convey my thoughts explicitly to Fardin on a private message.

Haha. Go Kasprowicz, he does a good throw and trips over samuels.

Aussies got lucky this time, and if the Windies miss out on making the finals by 2 or 3 points i don't think they'll be very happy at all!

Just got back from the game,, dissapointing in the end,, with the rain, and lara wrongly givin out.

The documentary about Steve's Waugh's ton against the Pommies a couple of years ago was absolutely amazing though! I'm less disappointed about the cricket being washed out after seeing that! Oh, and Channel 9 showed the ODI match highlights from the Aus vs Windies at the SCG where Bevan hit a four off the last ball to win the game for Australia. I think we gotta stop playing ODI's games at the Gabba in the summer

4th ODI Aus vs WI

Toss: West Indies

West Indies 263/9 (50 ov) (Hinds 107) (Gillespie 3/62)
Australia 43/5 (11.0/28 ov) (Collins 3/8)

Result: No result

Man of the Match: No award

VB Series - 5th ODI Australia vs Pakistan

23 Jan @ Sydney (D/N)

Odds:

Australia - 2/7
Pakistan - 9/4

Bets will be accepted until 2:30 GMT on 23rd January and bets will be settled once the one day match is over. In the case of a drawn match due to the weather or a tie, all bets will be refunded.

You can bet here : VB Series - 5th ODI Australia vs Pakistan

last year we had a similar sort of rain interrupted game at sydney between india and australia and what a crcker it was
Yuvraj and Laxman made huge hundreds , india were on top while bowling with australia needing 13 of the last over bret lee hit a huge six , IMO one of the best ODIs i have seen but must admit that it was heart breaking in the end for me as an indian fan
anyone remember that game!!!!!!

Yea I do...........last 3 balls and seven to win, six from Lee off Balaji.........1 run from 2 balls then required.............it was sad :(............

The rain was a two-sided coin (of course, when was the last time you saw a one-sided coin?); the same weather that blew in and saved Australia from crushing defeat was what was effecting that deadly swing for the Windies. It's arguable whether the Aussies were as lucky as the West Indians would have needed to have been to get 20 overs of dry weather in that storm. At the end of the day, Pakistan might be the real winner yet, though I think 3 points is a better outcome for WI than they may have expected for themselves beforehand.

In other news, this was Andy Symonds' fifth duck since the Champions Trophy. Where's that ****ing rotation policy when you really need it?

@aditya123: That was probably the best ODI match I've ever watched in full. I remember listening to a match on radio where Bevan and Bichel hit the winning runs at the G, cant remember who against, but i know it was over 2 years ago. And the match i mentioned above when Bevo hit the four off the last ball, would of been a great match to watch as well

angryangy said:
In other news, this was Andy Symonds' fifth duck since the Champions Trophy. Where's that ****ing rotation policy when you really need it?
He's in bloody aweful form, but thing is we have no other batting all-rounders in Australia. We could probably play Hogg and Watson and move Watson up to 7, then "rotate" Symonds

Last edited:
True, also he has a poor record in Australia. In theory, Hoggy is a batting all-rounder, he was a recognised batsman before he discovered the Chinaman. Regardless, the way the team is arranged I think they value Symonds' bowling options and fielding above his batting. The obvious alternates would be Katich or Langer, Langer of course can't bowl, while Katich is another left arm wrist spinner which doesn't help depth much and neither of them are particularly energetic fielders. Perhaps someone younger?

angryangy said:
Regardless, the way the team is arranged I think they value Symonds' bowling options and fielding above his batting.
He bats at 5, and he very rarely bowls 10 overs- I wouldn't rate his bowling much above Lehmann's. So looking at him as a batsman that bowls a bit, you have to remember that he's averaged about 48 starting from the World Cup.

With that said, I think Hoggy should be playing, and with Lehmann moving up to 6, Watto at 7 and Hoggy at 8 it's still an awesome batting lineup

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread