VB Series

Symonds is playing, you probably havent noticed him playing because he has spent so little time in the middle :(

Symonds is in the team for his fielding.....nothing less nothing more. The fact that he can bat and bowl a bit is good for the team.

Zorax is spot on,, symonds saves at least 20-30 runs a game with his fielding. He also takes many classic catches and makes some amazing runouts. With that said he's a solid part time bowler. He is having a bad run with the bat now,, but he won't be dropped. If anyone is heading towards a drop it's probably hayden.

He arguably the best fielder in world cricket, i wouldn't be suprised if he saved 30 runs in a match, and his hands are very safe also

groobz said:
If anyone is heading towards a drop it's probably hayden.
True for ODIs........I mean McGrath batted higher than him in the World XI match........

5th Match Aus vs Pak

Toss: Australia

Pakistan 163 (39.2 ov) (Inzi 50) (Lehmann 3/44, McGrath 2/18)
Australia 167/1 (36.2 ov) (Clarke 103*)

Result: Australia won by 9 wickets

Man of the Match : M.Clarke

Easy win for Australia in the end, and a well deserved hundred for Clarkey! Pakistan only two points ahead of Windies now, it'll be close to see who gets into the finals with Australia

VB Series - 6th ODI Australia vs West Indies

26 Jan @ Adelaide

Odds

Australia - 2/9
West Indies - 11/4

Bets will be accepted until 2:30 GMT on 26th January and bets will be settled once the one day match is over. In the case of a drawn match due to the weather or a tie, all bets will be refunded.

You can bet here VB Series - 6th ODI Australia vs West Indies

{S}quiz

squiz said:
Symonds is playing, you probably havent noticed him playing because he has spent so little time in the middle :(
Yes indeed. 5 ducks from the last 6 matches says it all.
But no matter what, Ponting will stand by him, just as he hid before the 2003 World Cup. ;)

duffarama said:
Yes indeed. 5 ducks from the last 6 matches says it all.
But no matter what, Ponting will stand by him, just as he hid before the 2003 World Cup. ;)
I think Symonds should be persisted till the end of the VB series. If he disappoints in reast of the series then he may be dropped. He is a very good player and I just have the feeling that a big Symondseque innings is round the corner. Maybe the Aussies can move him up the order.

I think Martyn's being rested in the next match, and with Clarke up the order opening, Symonds will probably bat at 4

ZoraxDoom said:
True for ODIs........I mean McGrath batted higher than him in the World XI match........
Yeh but he got a golden duck. Ponting will stay with symonds like last year with Martyn.

6th Match Aus vs WI

Toss: Australia

Australia 269/8 (50 ov) (Katich 76) (Collins 5/43)
West Indies 196 (44.5 ov) (Chanderpaul 55) (Lee 4/38)

Result: Australia won by 73 runs

Man of the Match: B Lee

VB Series - 7th ODI Pakistan vs West Indies (Cricket)

Odds

Pakistan - 4/6
West Indies - 11/10

Bets will be accepted until 22:30 GMT on 27th January and bets will be settled once the one day match is over. In the case of a drawn match due to the weather or a tie, all bets will be refunded.

Easy win for Australia there, Lee continuing his great form with the ball with 4 wickets

On a side note: Rangeela 2999 posts

7th ODI WI vs PAK

Toss: Pakistan

West Indies 339/4 (50 ov) (Lara 156, Chanderpaul 85)
Pakistan 281/9 (50ov) (Youhana 45)

Result: West Indies won by 58 runs

Man of the Match: Brian Lara

Users who are viewing this thread