VB Series

1st Match: Australia vs West Indies

Australia 301/4 (50 ov) (Martyn 95*, Ponting 78, Clarke 66) (Bradshaw 2/46)
West Indies 185 (46.2 ov) (Lara 58, Chanderpaul 46) (Lee 3/37, Hogg 5/32)

Result: Australia won by 116 runs

Man of the Match: B.Hogg

VB Series - 2nd ODI Australia vs Pakistan
Sunday Jan 16th @ Hobart

Odds:

Australia - 2/7
Pakistan - 5/2

Bets will be accepted until 22:30 GMT on 15th January and bets will be settled once the one day match is over. In the case of a drawn match due to the weather or a tie, all bets will be refunded.

You can bet here: VB Series - 2nd ODI Australia vs Pakistan

Australia mopping the floor of the MCG with the Windies, if you can keep Lara and Gayle from getting big scores, then the rest will follow them. Great work from The Hoggler, picking up a 5 wicket haul, and Marto just missing his ton :) I'm also dumbfounded with Lee's stats: 10 Overs, 3/36, no wides or no-balls, and an economy rate of 3.6, has someone switched bodies with him?

i think this is the best bowling performance that i have seen from brett lee since the world cup 2003

squiz said:
Australia mopping the floor of the MCG with the Windies, if you can keep Lara and Gayle from getting big scores, then the rest will follow them. Great work from The Hoggler, picking up a 5 wicket haul, and Marto just missing his ton :) I'm also dumbfounded with Lee's stats: 10 Overs, 3/36, no wides or no-balls, and an economy rate of 3.6, has someone switched bodies with him?

I told that bret lee is a talented fast bowler and i want congrat australia to a great win.Look out aus pakistan wont be that easy to beat. :)

I fear there will be many more onesided contests in the matches to follow , i hope iam wrong!
The most keenly contested VB series that i have seen in the past few years has been th Ind-Zim-AUS series last year but zim spoiled the party , Ind-Aus round robin games were gr8 last yr but a complete `dhulai` (thrashing) in the finals to india

The "most keenly contested VB series" I've seen is the Australia vs New Zealand vs South Africa series a few years ago. New Zealand and South Africa got into the finals, where South Africa demolished the Kiwis

I remember that... Australia were quite ****ed off that they could not make it into the final of their own series. :P Or maybe that was England in the Natwest Series, once.

squiz said:
The "most keenly contested VB series" I've seen is the Australia vs New Zealand vs South Africa series a few years ago. New Zealand and South Africa got into the finals, where South Africa demolished the Kiwis

That was a brilliant series. I was in NZ at the time and I remember watching nearly all the matches. Aus got off to a dismal start, recovered slightly but still couldn't make the final.

Inshallah Pakistan JEEEEEETEEEE gaaaaaa. Like 1996 pak was preeminent at that series in Aus along with windies and poor Ausiis, Aus managed to beat pak once but series went to pak.

Inzimam and Youhana coming in at 5 and 6... good to see them watching out for the younger players and taking the initiative for once. The captain and vicecaptain should really step up and these two are showing their class right there.

Afridi smashed his way to another 50 also did big Inzy. Inzy's conversion rate from 50 to 100 is bloody shocking, 74 Fifty's and 10 Hundred's I think. I just know Fardin is going to say something about Afridi though :(

squiz said:
Afridi smashed his way to another 50 also did big Inzy. Inzy's conversion rate from 50 to 100 is bloody shocking, 74 Fifty's and 10 Hundred's I think. I just know Fardin is going to say something about Afridi though :(

I am clearly impressed with shahid afridi's performance today.He batted wonderfully making 50 from only 26 balls hitting lee and mcGrath few sixes and fours.

And Why arent you giving afridi credit for his wonderfull batting today squiz? :(

Well I think I have figured out whats wrong with Shoaib Akhtar. He is not coming off a long enough run-up!! He really needs to lengthen it further... thats why he keeps bowling those no-balls and wides!

95 without loss... aussies are not even breaking a f*ucking sweat!

Afridi played nice. But Australia is doing this easy, scoring at 6+ an over with our 2nd string openers.

Users who are viewing this thread