Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
Good match saving partnership by those two. Zimbabwe was really in a threat to take away the match.

But New Zealand is still favourite for me to win the final.

I, once again, am conflicted as to whom to root for. Being India's rival, I always root for India to lose, but if India lose in the final, it would bring New Zealand in the top 3 in ICC rankings ahead of Pakistan. So that's my dilemma. :crying

What the hell!! Let's hope India win this one. The world should let them win a series every once in a while. ;)

man i was so close to losing all my vcash yesterday,as i had bet it all on india,luckily i didnt,so frm now on im spending little by little.

nightprowler10 said:
I, once again, am conflicted as to whom to root for. Being India's rival, I always root for India to lose, but if India lose in the final, it would bring New Zealand in the top 3 in ICC rankings ahead of Pakistan. So that's my dilemma. :crying

If New Zealand wins it will bring them level on points with Pakistan. But with the slightest difference New Zealand will be number 3.

And the best way to get a higher rank is to win matches against oppositions. Not hoping for somebody to lose in order to get a higher rank. It's just a matter of positive approach towards this.

ZexyZahid said:
Good match saving partnership by those two. Zimbabwe was really in a threat to take away the match.

But New Zealand is still favourite for me to win the final.

Agree! New Zealand start as favorites for the final!

I hope this is acknowledged even by the Indian batsmen so that they lift off some pressure off themselves and will focus on the task in hand!

sid_19840 said:
man i was so close to losing all my vcash yesterday,as i had bet it all on india,luckily i didnt,so frm now on im spending little by little.

I have put all my 400 vcash points on India's victory in the final! i hope I get them all back and 80 more points (I profit by 80 if I get all the points!)

ZexyZahid said:
If New Zealand wins it will bring them level on points with Pakistan. But with the slightest difference New Zealand will be number 3.

And the best way to get a higher rank is to win matches against oppositions. Not hoping for somebody to lose in order to get a higher rank. It's just a matter of positive approach towards this.

You're right! Pakistan is a good ODI team now! But to keep their ranking, they have to get it by beating some one!

Last edited:
nightprowler10 said:

What the hell!! Let's hope India win this one. The world should let them win a series every once in a while. ;)
At least India qualifies in finals unless like Pakistan. You tell me, how many series or tournaments has Pakistan won from since 200-2005? not many... ;)

preet said:
At least India qualifies in finals unless like Pakistan. You tell me, how many series or tournaments has Pakistan won from since 200-2005? not many... ;)

Let's not start trashing each others country please.

But there is a reason why Pakistan is high in ODI rankings and why India in Test rankings. Both have accomplished some good performances in order to reach that. Just respect that.

India's final record isn't that good: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/videoconseries/content/story/218159.html

Siasirini, if you have put 400 cash in it, you will receive 480 extra cash. :)

And here is an article written by Shane bond himself: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/videoconseries/content/story/218149.html

First time I read an article of him. Not bad.

Last edited:
preet said:
I didn't know cricket dated back to the year 200 :eek: . Is that AD or BC?

Pakistan have been in a rebuilding phase of sorts, especially in the past 2 years. India has arguably the best team since 1983, what their excuse? :rolleyes:

ZexyZahid said:

But there is a reason why Pakistan is high in ODI rankings and why India in Test rankings. Both have accomplished some good performances in order to reach that. Just respect that.

India's final record isn't that good: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/videoconseries/content/story/218159.html

And here is an article written by Shane bond himself: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/videoconseries/content/story/218149.html

Its just silly banter Zahid, nothing serious.

ZexyZahid said:

Of course I want Pakistan to win to get to number three, but New Zealand's losses will help. :D

BTW, Pakistan's winning streak of 7 may turn into 10 against England (very hard though), I think the longest streak Pakistan had was 11.

About England. They're just getting overconfident. Pakistan didn't have a great Test series against Australia. They had sometimes Australia against the ropes, but the batsmen messed it up. But in the ODI series they were quite competitive. Test series will be a good measure for Pakistan.

Pakistan will play five ODI series, so it could be 12 ODI's win in a row. :cool: I hope the ODI rankings now will reflect in the result in the ODI series. Just as the ODI rankings in the upcoming final. :)

Last edited:
ZexyZahid said:
About England. They're just getting overconfident. Pakistan didn't have a great Test series against Australia. They had sometimes Australia against the ropes, but the batsmen messed it up. But in the ODI series they were quite competitive. Test series will be a good measure for Pakistan.

Pakistan will play five ODI series, so it could be 12 ODI's win in a row. :cool: I hope the ODI rankings now will reflect in the result in the ODI series. Just as the ODI rankings in the upcoming final. :)
The ICC website is pretty good at updating those results. New Zealand was ranked second when they won the matches against India and Zimbabwe. The loss against India brought them down a point.

There's 5 ODIs? Why was I thinking there were 3? Anyway, I think Pakistan will give England a run for their money in ODIs, especially with Naved-ul-Hasan in good form and Shoaib Akhtar showing good signs as well. Our batting can be improved, hopefully the Australia A series will do Butt some good.

Last edited:
Bond isn't a bad writer, his articles come here in the newspaper quite a bit recently...

nightprowler10 said:
The ICC website is pretty good at updating those results. New Zealand was ranked second when they won the matches against India and Zimbabwe. The loss against India brought them down a point.

There's 5 ODIs? Why was I thinking there were 3? Anyway, I think Pakistan will give England a run for their money in ODIs, especially with Naved-ul-Hasan in good form and Shoaib Akhtar showing good signs as well. Our batting can be improved, hopefully the Australia A series will do Butt some good.

You mean New Zealand was third, because it's impossible that New Zealand was second. That is Sri Lanka with a big advantage in points over Pakistan/New Zealand.

Akhtar took 6-16 yesterday, which equalled his career best performance. So I think he is pretty good in form. :cool:

I think Australia A will win against Pakistan A. :( Just look at the names in the side of Australia A.

And yeah, Bond is a pretty good writer. Didn't expect that.

ZexyZahid said:

Bond's article is quite good and we all know Indias final record is poor, but the thing is at least INDIA does get into the finals, they dont just go out in the first round or the quarter finals, they get to the finals evrey time, yes they might lose it but it shows Indias played good in the whole tournment. I also know that when tendulkar comes back into the team India will be a strong team agian. People has forget India was runners up in world cup 2003 and was 2nd best by far, India is 2nd best in the world untill 2007, but they dont play like 2nd best in the world.

preet said:

Thats unfair buddy! Being a Pakistani, he has the right to root for an Indian defeat. But nightprowler has sometime before said that he is in for a healthy rivalry...

Yeah, ?t's normal for a Pakistani person to not be on Indian side and vice versa.

And Rangeela just posted the odds of the Zimbabwe vs India first Test. A bit too low odd for India I guess: 0.04. It should be a bit higher after the display after last ODI match.

Users who are viewing this thread