Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
yes good to see Yuvraj doing it yet again for india. Zimbabwe did well to give india a tough time for most part of the game.

taimurasad said:
yes good to see Yuvraj doing it yet again for india. Zimbabwe did well to give india a tough time for most part of the game.

Yuvraj is the star for India this season along with Mahendra Singh Dhoni who is now starting to get synonymous with "finish with a flourish" !

Stats of Kaif, Yuvraj and Dhoni this season so far

Mohammed Kaif

M: 9
Runs: 364
HS: 102*
Avg: 53.17
100: 1
50's: 2

Yuvraj Singh

M: 8
Runs: 388
HS: 120
Avg: 56.67
100: 2
50's: 1

MS Dhoni

M: 9
Runs: 234
HS: 67*
Avg: 52.5
100: 0
50's: 2

Last edited:
The Indian top order really sucks :(

Whom do u think will be the Man of the Series?

Could be Kaif or Dhoni?

bharat said:
The Indian top order really sucks :(

Whom do u think will be the Man of the Series?

Could be Kaif or Dhoni?

The Man of the series award depends on the final! No one can predict now who will get that award!

It could be one of Kaif, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Agarkar or Bond depending on who performs in the final among these four!

Agarkar has picked up 11 wickets and if he can put in a good performance in the final, may be he can also be contended for that award! He is right now the top most wicket taker of the series with Bond and Pathan tied on 10 wickets!

If India can just get rid of Sehwag, things can get sorted out! Sehwag needs to know that his brand of cricket is not what is needed for consistency! he has to bring in more responsibility into his batting. He is not Sachin who can attack with amazing consistency! And his footwork is awful! Greg Chappell should work on his footwork more.

Ganguly - what can I say? He got those starts but failed to convert them! Here today, he failed completely. What is happening to him? He deserves to be dropped completely. Dravid also needs to be given some hard words by the coach. And dont give the excuse that he is failing because he is not sure whether he will captain or not! He has to perform irrespective of his position in the side. Same applies to Ganguly. Throw these guys off and anoint Kaif as the captain. He is much more experienced in international cricket now and is a cool head! He will do better than Ganguly or Dravid!

No Sehwag for captaincy plz!!!! He is not fit to be a captain!!!

Last edited:
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another India win and this time it was yuvraj cashing in with the runs and agian dhoni with another brilliant knock, Indias getting confident by day I'm sure Inida will win this tournment. Bring on New Zealand and Bond.

yes,Sehwag dosen't have qualities for being a captain.The team he captains loose every match(eg.challenger trophy,Sehwag XI vs Dravid XI etc)

He has role to do on Tuesday..he must make India reach 100 in less than 15 overs,whether India bats 1st or 2nd.He has done it before.

Indiangod said:
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another India win and this time it was yuvraj cashing in with the runs and agian dhoni with another brilliant knock, Indias getting confident by day I'm sure Inida will win this tournment. Bring on New Zealand and Bond.

But the regular top order colapse worries me.
Bond will easily rip through the top 4. :(
It's all upto Yuvraj,Kaif,Dhoni,Yadav & Pathan

Last edited:
Yuvraj should not be touched, Number 6, coming in with 20-25 overs left really lets him play to his potential. Dhoni is brilliant in the slog. Keep him there, and Kaif is idle for number three.

Sehwag wont be dropped. He gets the team off a flier with scores looking like 42(30) or 39(21), pretty useful. Yadav has a few years left in him at max, so maybe they should promote him up in the middle order (around number 5) and make full use of his batting abilities. RP Singh looks decent, and Agarkar just needs to tighten up his batting a bit. Will make it a wondeful team.

& one more point.
Harbajan Singh sucked this series.If I was in the team management I would chuck him out for the next 2 series.
4 matches 2 wickets at an avg of 74.50 :mad

I'd rather like to see Murli Kartik instead of him.Bhaji has had enough chance this season.
I hope the dada realises it.

ZoraxDoom said:
Kartik was terrible today! If I were the selector, I'd recall Kumble.

I would may be invest on a few spinners. Bhajji is inconsistent and the team doesnt seem to be interested in Kumble. Kartik needs to be given more chances to prove himself. Give him one more match, if he doesnt deliver, throw him out!

But one thing I would say happily that this team has shown that upward trend of improvement in their overall game! The results are starting to show now. The top order, if tightened, would make this a wonderful team!

Last edited:
Indiangod said:

Hold on there hobojoe, this is exactly what happens to sub-continent teams. Two three wins and we think that we are on top of the world at the moment. Bond has the tendency to rip-apart opponents (Australia and India), so India should play him cautiosly not try to dominiate this guy. Its not easy to go after Bond like that, like Gilchrist found out in the VB Series which involved South Africa aswell (dont remember which year though). So:

1) If India attack Bond, try to dominiate him by playing big shots and stuff, chances are we'll see another collapse from the Indian team.

2) If India see him off for the early overs, try scoring runs off the other bowler, then they may get a good head start.

And those who say Bond can easily be countered or anything, trust me you're so wrong. This guy has ripped apart teams in the past including the Aussies which included even the likes of Mark Waugh, Steve Waugh etc. Dont take him lightly, pray that India somehow manage to get him away and feed on the other kiwi bowlers.

Excellent match!!! Great win for India. Excellent batting by Yuvraj and Dhoni under pressure. Our batting is getting better day by day, but the top order sucks. Ganguly should be dropped. He sucks!!!!!!!!!! Let Kaif be the captain. He can do a better job. :cheers

Last edited:
Good win India. The top order hasn't fired. Sehwag really needs to fire to get India of to a good start. Should be interesting seeing how the final goes.

Users who are viewing this thread