Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
JamesyJames3 said:
Well yea I guess your right zorax, but they all have their moments. Remember that tailender that smashed a fifty in the tests. and also blignaut and streak can hold a bat. Wishart has proven in the late 90's he can also score runs. zimbabwe are trying to improve to levels in the past. they will be back soon.
Blignaut and Streak are allrounders, but pretty useful, as are Ewing, Mahwire, Utseya, Dabengwa, Ireland, you get my point. As full fledged batters Coventry and Taibu are by far the best, Brendan Taylor is also superb in tests for Zimbabwe, kinda swing and miss in ODIs. Not too consistent.

WOW...ZIM set a target of 250 India to chase. Excellent batting by Taibu, Coventry and Blignaut. Pathan and Nehra didn't play other wise I don't think this target of 250 was possible to make. Anyway, good bowling by Agarkar and Yadav.

Sounds like the black caps all over again. :) Just make sure you don't lose cause that would be embarrassing.

aussie1st said:
Sounds like the black caps all over again. :) Just make sure you don't lose cause that would be embarrassing.
Hey, what are you talking about...embarrassing? I don't think it's embarrassing losing to ZIM than Bangladesh, like Aus did. :D And, did I say 350....its 250 and it can be chased.

India 15/1 (2.4 ov) India require another 236 runs with 9 wickets and 47.2 overs remaining. 2.4 Mahwire to Sehwag, OUT: gone! good length delivery outside the off
stump, Sehwag drives at his with his foot bolted to the ground,
ball clips the inside edge and crashes into the stumps, Mahwire
strikes early.

India has already lost to Bangladesh :D. Chasing 229 they fell short after resting players yet again. De ju vu?

aussie1st said:
India has already lost to Bangladesh :D. Chasing 229 they fell short after resting players yet again. De ju vu?
Well, I don't' care. Even though we lose today, we're still in the final.

India lost another wicket. India 23/2 (5.3 ov) India require another 228 runs with 8 wickets and 44.3 overs remaining.
I think they should have batted first.

Great time to stop caring another wicket!
India 23/2 (5.3 ov)
5.3 Ireland to Ganguly, OUT: short and wide outside the off stump and
Ganguly cuts it in the air, Sibanda at backward point times his
jump to perfection and takes a stunning catch to give Ireland his
first wicket of the innings, India two down and in a spot of
bother!

Well the people who thought after the victory they had a chance against New Zealand, look at the score now.

Zimbabwe 250. Luckily Blignaut was out, otherwhile the assault could lead to 20-30 runs more extra.

And now it's 34-3. Dravid bowled.

India should have batted first. 9.2 Blignaut to Kaif, OUT: that's the wicket they needed! good length delivery, pitched outside the off stump and angling in, Kaif moves across looking to play it away on the leg side and gets hit on the pad right in front of the stumps.
100% I have feeling ZIM will win this one now. Good bowling so far.
India 39/4 (10.1 ov)
India require another 212 runs with 6 wickets and 39.5 overs remaining.

Last edited:
Dam........India 36-4 in the 10th over, I hope India still wins it though, It will certianley set yuvraj up to a innings under pressure which he likes and dhoni to give him support with some blows, as I say I think these 2 can stick together for a long time and win the game for India. I'm still confident India can win, Yuvraj is made for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

COME ON INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's happening here?

India lost fourth wicket on 36-4! And Sehwag is supposed to play in the Super Series. :rolleyes:

Come on yuvraj, you can prove yourself here and rao can prove himself as well, not to forget India as still got Dhoni, Pathan, Y p Yadav, Agarkar and H singh to come.

It's a good opportunity for Roa to make a good score and win the match for India.

Indiangod said:
Come on yuvraj, you can prove yourself here and rao can prove himself as well, not to forget India as still got Dhoni, Pathan, Y p Yadav, Agarkar and H singh to come.

Pathan doesn't play in this match. He is rested.

Users who are viewing this thread