Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
Cricketman93 said:
i think dhoni should open instead of ganguly. if sehwag and dhonie can get some quick runs in the first 20 overs we will surley be on top!!!

INDIA ZINDABAAD!! :mad :happy

So Shailesh seems like i'm not the only one who think India is trying to get themselves a Gilly. ;)

no we tried that with a keeper who also used to bat left handed :D

We tried Dhoni at the top for only two matches (i think) in Sri Lanka!

Who knows? He might still flourish at the opening slot especially on those batting beauties in the sub continent!

aussie1st said:
Yes you guys defintiely shouldn't worry about him when he takes 6/19 to steal a certain victory away from India. ;)

Yeah, they shouldn't be worried about this. :laugh

Anyway that Dhoni comparing with Gilchrist also happened when he hit a century against Pakistan. After that it was only silence.

Sai is right, Ganguly should be the supersub & allow Sachin to play.I don't like to see Yadav out of the XI.

@aussie1st
He will stay longer than his predecessor.
He drinks 5 liters of milk a day :D

irottev said:
To the ignorant idiot who claims we are 'useless' without Bond, you are a total fool. We climbed to number 2 in the world in ODI's in the last few years and recently was over taken by Sri Lanka WITHOUT Bond.
Yep, back then you had Cairns, Fleming and Vettori. Turns out they have become less important in winning when Bond is there. Now that Bond and Vettori aren't there, the team is useless. We just have to tie down Fleming(and maybe Astle to some extent) and hammer Cairns.

just to put some hapiness to Indian supporters:

All think of the WC 2003 India vs New Zealand super 6 match.
Bond was there but NZ trashed.

ZoraxDoom said:
Yep, back then you had Cairns, Fleming and Vettori. Turns out they have become less important in winning when Bond is there. Now that Bond and Vettori aren't there, the team is useless. We just have to tie down Fleming(and maybe Astle to some extent) and hammer Cairns.

how is our team usless without bond and vettori ?

we became the 2nd best odi team last year without shane bond we are not a one man team, and our best bowler last year was jacob oram who is just finding his way now after a long injury

we had a good batting display and with our bolwers we were given part timers like astle and styris more bowling to have them ready in the final

our top class bowlers yesterday oram and cairns only had 7 overs in between them

we will play much better on the final than we did today

Last edited:
jazz said:
how is our team usless without bond and vettori ?

we became the 2nd best odi team last year without shane bond we are not a one man team, and our best bowler last year was jacob oram who is just finding his way now after a long injury

we had a good batting display and with our bolwers we were given part timers like astle and styris more bowling to have them ready in the final

our top class bowlers yesterday oram and cairns only had 7 overs in between them

we will play much better on the final than we did today
No doubt your team is good, but as of now, your star allrounders and players are either coming of injury, or are in bad form, so you are currently relying on Bond. Adams is highly inconsistent, Patel is new, Marshall is more of a test batsman, and Tuffey and Franklin are missing. Styris and Mcmillan are finding form however....

yeh i agree we need either daryl tuffey or james franklin in this side, kyle mills and andre adams have been very expensive

I thought Marshall was perfectly suited to ODIs. His games against Aus during the ODI series were awesome.

aussie1st said:
I thought Marshall was perfectly suited to ODIs. His games against Aus during the ODI series were awesome.
I feel that he is better in tests, but I didn't see those innings.

Users who are viewing this thread