Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
If Bond played this match Indian top & middle order would have colapsed.

I hope the men in blue make me take back my words on 6th Sept.

I liked the Dhoni-style finish...hit 2 sixes..haha without him it would have come to satge of 1 run to win of 1 ball.

India played fantastic today, sehwag and ganguly got India off to a flyer, then dravid and kaif staged a brilliant partnership to put the zealanders under pressure, Kiaf was thier till the very end and saw India through, I liked dhoni's finesh. COME ON INDIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
With or without bond Indias going to win this series.

well they should keep on plating the way they are actually.
As felming said it was just a matter of time before the indians came back to form.
But i'm still apprehensive about the final .
Hope they do win.atleast this time.

Well Indias back on form alright, and most of thier players with bat and balls are coming good. India will be confident, I still not sure about the final still. I heard new zealand used a tactic of not playing bond in the 2 remining games with and play him for the final to give the memaries of the 1st odi played between the 2 sides in this series.

Indiangod said:
Well Indias back on form alright, and most of thier players with bat and balls are coming good. India will be confident, I still not sure about the final still. I heard new zealand used a tactic of not playing bond in the 2 remining games with and play him for the final to give the memaries of the 1st odi played between the 2 sides in this series.

Memories of the first ODI? More than that, India will be having now memories of the just concluded ODI against New Zealand! Bond or no Bond, we also have as much chance as New Zealand to lift the cup! I am confident we'll do it this time around!

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
Memories of the first ODI? More than that, India will be having now memories of the just concluded ODI against New Zealand! Bond or no Bond, we also have as much chance as New Zealand to lift the cup! I am confident we'll do it this time around!

Thiers everey chance we will win the cup this time around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
New Zealand will be the ones under pressure.

saisrini80 said:

india still need to do more work with themselves if they are to beat new zealand on tuesday, also new zealand likewise have to do alot of work if they are to beat india on tuesday

as you can see today our part time bowlers like astle and styris where bowling, our premium bowlers like, oram, cairns didnt bowl that many overs today. im very confident we could still beat india if we never had bond in our team. i think oram and cairns are the key to the bowling for new zealand

i also expect new zealand to get better at their batting, if india set us a target im very confident that our long batting lineup can chase it

I'd be really disapointed if India played the same way they played against NZ in this series.

bharat said:
I'd be really disapointed if India played the same way they played against NZ in this series.

Dont understand what you mean! Do you say we shouldnt play the way we did today!

bharat said:

Did you even watch the game today?

jazz said:
india still need to do more work with themselves if they are to beat new zealand on tuesday, also new zealand likewise have to do alot of work if they are to beat india on tuesday

as you can see today our part time bowlers like astle and styris where bowling, our premium bowlers like, oram, cairns didnt bowl that many overs today. im very confident we could still beat india if we never had bond in our team. i think oram and cairns are the key to the bowling for new zealand

i also expect new zealand to get better at their batting, if india set us a target im very confident that our long batting lineup can chase it

Not many teams have chased 270 plus succesfully agiasnt India, or when they am at thier best.

As you say bond is the key for new zealand if they am going to win India in the final, India will have to play very well to beat the likes of new zealand, and New Zealand will have to play very well to beat India.

I think Sehwags starts is the key for India, wether he gets us off to a flying start or not will be the key.

Indiangod said:
Did you even watch the game today?

Not many teams have chased 270 plus succesfully agiasnt India, or when they am at thier best.

As you say bond is the key for new zealand if they am going to win India in the final, India will have to play very well to beat the likes of new zealand, and New Zealand will have to play very well to beat India.

I think Sehwags starts is the key for India, wether he gets us off to a flying start or not will be the key.

I think Ganguly will be better served when Tendulkar returns because Tendulkar occupies the opening slot with Sehwag. Which leaves Ganguly at No.4 (since Kaif is now a success at No.3!). So I think Tendulkar's return might indirectly favor Ganguly's batting.

One win doesn't mean you guys are favourites. ODI cricket can change at any time. NZ of course were missing their best 2 bowlers so they won't be too worried. If they really took this match seriously those 2 bowlers would have played.

Ya, NewZealand was weak in their bowling attack. Without Bond and Vettori, i thought their bowlers did pretty well. When those two come back for the final, i would say it will be a different story. As Fleming said they were testing their batsmen and they are in pretty good form.

Indian batsmen need to perform well consistently to win the finals. But i would say it will be a good final.

:)

India favorites? Far from that! When Bond comes back, NZ are still favorites to win the final comprehensively! But I am happy with the Indian batting this game. This is what we need to do - keep scoring at a good rate and must not leave it to the wire finish! Kaif should be persisted at No.3 and this batting order needs no tinkering with now!

We have one more match against Zimbabwe to get easy pickings and boost ourselves more!

Users who are viewing this thread