Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
irottev said:
Trust me, New Zealand won't be a pushover without Vettori and Bond. Good move. Im still betting NZ will win. That leaves us with I suppose

Adams, Mills to presumably open the bowling, Cairns, Oram, Styris, Patel, Astle and McMillan if needed. Thats still a bowling attack that could take wickets.

I dont think New Zealand are going to be pushovers. Having seen them play over the years, some other player might step up at the absence of a top class performer. And you guys have arguably the world's best captain Fleming who can marshall his resources well.

India is in for a damn tough fight! Let India win tomorrow (being an Indian fan!) but wont be an easy one (unless NZ have other ideas).

aussie1st said:
I put $400 Vbookie bucks on India to win :D

Wow. That sounds big. Hope you gain back all the points you put (and may be more if the odds were against India!).

This game will be good for our other bowlers to step up and bowl well and batsmen to get some more runs under their belts. It seems risky to leave out Vettori AND Bond because if India win, they will go into the final more confident then they would of.

They defintiely would go into the final more confident. But i'm sure the Kiwis know once they bring back Bond all should be good again.

New Zealand all set for a target of 260-270. Styris and McMillan are playing well now. They're taking singles and doubles on every delivery. Good batting!

score: New Zealand 162/4 (33.0 ov)

Yadav has impressed so far..10-1-34-1 today.

Agarkar needs to be dropped we India wants to get back to winning :mad:

Huge total set my Kiwis of 278/9 in 50 overs. Excellent batting by their top order batsmen. 26 extras....too many. Pathan and Agarkar were bowling well before but in the end they each got too expensive. And, once again Yadav has impressed with his bowling figures. 10-1-34-1. Now the big question is, can India chase this target of 278? Looks Impossible to me even though Bond is not playing today. So, lets see....

I think India can chase this totel down, India have got a batting order right down to number 10, and some of thier top order has to deliver for India. Ganguly and sehwag is due for a big score today. COME ON INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You two said so let me say too. Come on India!!! lolz

India starts aggressive, but Ganguly gone for 19. India 66/1 (7.3 ov)
India require another 213 runs with 9 wickets and 42.3 overs remaining.

Last edited:
India off to a flyer here, and sehwag going on well, lets hope sehwag can make a fifty or a hundred today. India 75-1 in 9 overs. COME ON INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dam........India 2 down, sehwag once agian goes into the 40's, and once again no footwork, I'm confident India will still win it.

good start by india, dravid should staedy the innigs now and india should win this match

new zealand need to get dravid early if they want to win it

Indiangod said:
India off to a flyer here, and sehwag going on well, lets hope sehwag can make a fifty or a hundred today. India 75-1 in 9 overs. COME ON INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dam........India 2 down, sehwag once agian goes into the 40's, and once again no footwork, I'm confident India will still win it.

9.2 Oram to Sehwag, OUT: bowled'm! that's a big wicket! short of a good
length delivery close to the off stump line and swinging in a
touch, Sehwag tries to drive it with no real footwork, ball clips
the inside edge and crashes into the stumps - India two down
:crying :crying :crying Sehwag gone!!!! To me this match is just like the Indian Oil Cup final and you all know what the result going to be.

Sehwag gone just when he was looking dangerous.

btw not sure why India had Kartik as sub but didn't use it to cover for any of the seamers who went for more than 5.5/over

Users who are viewing this thread