Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
The only thing was funny about the match between india and zim was seeing Kaif bat.
Ganguly should have told kaif that it is a one day match againts zimbabwe before sending him to bat 1 down.

Stopping 126 balls and making 60 runs that has to be one of the most boringest innings that I have seen in a onde match,

fardin said:
The only thing was funny about the match between india and zim was seeing Kaif bat.
Ganguly should have told kaif that it is a one day match againts zimbabwe before sending him to bat 1 down.

Stopping 126 balls and making 60 runs that has to be one of the most boringest innings that I have seen in a onde match,
So what? India won and he got his 50 no matter how many balls it took him to get it. At least he made 65 unless like ZIM batsmen who couldn't even reach double digit. :D

fardin said:

Hello Sir, you said before the match that Zimbabwe will beat India! So its proved that you were not in ur senses at that time! So what if Kaif takes 126 balls to score 65? The wicket is soft, spongy and not suitable for strokeplay at all. This is a fact acclaimed by Shane Bond who has played on this wicket before for the tests against Zimbabwe (See his Rediff Interview)! He has said that Harare is a slower version of Gabba with assistance and movement for swing bowlers... So that batting from Kaif was in tune with the situation!

No matter what kind of wicket you are playing in making 60 runs from 126 balls is just too slow for me and also bringing in the fact that it was againts Zimbabwe.

irottev said:
Why wouldn't Bond be playing?

I think Bond is kind of rested or something....

I would want him to play against India in their next league match. The Indians would love to get a better measure up of him on the Harare pitch, where the final is going to be played!

fardin said:
No matter what kind of wicket you are playing in making 60 runs from 126 balls is just too slow for me and also bringing in the fact that it was againts Zimbabwe.

Ok gr8 fardin... yes, people say it was slow becoz it was zimbabwe against whom it should have been easier to score. but the wicket and the conditions also has to be taken into consideration. taking them into consideration, i would say a much better display by the indian batsmen! but still the work is still half from done..

and now, playing entertaining cricket is not important. playing cricket to win is important! I wish the Indians play cricket which gives them victories!

Last edited:
Indian batting remains questionable still. The coach needs to work on them pretty severly I guess. They are not learning anything. Dhoni's innings was the only bright spot in the Indian innings. Yuvraj was also scratchy, Kaif was playing below-par, he got a fifty because he was playing Zimbabwe, and Ganguly was again the bunny here. Even if the pitch was not batsmen-friendly, they still had the luxury of picking singles and twos. Kaif and Yuvraj (in the early part of his innings) were not looking for singles. Either they were defending for a few over, or they went into attacking mode.

As for Zimbabwe, they are dead in international cricket. They have already lost to Bangladesh, maybe they are thinking of losing to an even inferior team in the future? Cause the way they are playing is appalling to say the least :)

They are playing pretty decently today...

Poor Scotty Styris-ball passes just over the stumps, bowlers start appealing for a caught behind and the bail falls of, Styris out bolwed Blignaut....

ZIM melting under pressure. ZIM- 8/2 in 8 overs. I bet they will not even get to 50 today.

fardin now you tell me are ZIM batsmen playing a test match or an ODI ?Its because the way they're playing it looks like they're playing a test match. :D
Zimbabwe RR: 1.50....lolz

EDIT: Zimbabwe- 20/2 in 13 overs.

Last edited:
Hey fardin, tell me now. New Zealand 149/7 and then went on to make 238 (just 12 runs ahead of India!). How'z the wicket? Even today at the beginning Zimbabwe looked a good bowling team. Even New Zealand struggled to score runs today. Wats the matter then?

I am looking for reasons to supporting India, but the truth is, its not too easy to bat on these pitches!

Users who are viewing this thread