Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
saisrini80 said:
Hey fardin, tell me now. New Zealand 149/7 and then went on to make 238 (just 12 runs ahead of India!). How'z the wicket? Even today at the beginning Zimbabwe looked a good bowling team. Even New Zealand struggled to score runs today. Wats the matter then?

I am looking for reasons to supporting India, but the truth is, its not too easy to bat on these pitches!
Absolutely true.

Zimbabwe require another 51 runs with 3 wickets and 24 balls remaining. Zimbabwe putting up a good fight.

this match proves where still a one man team,

when bond came back into the attack he took 3 wickets and zimbabwe got bowled out

the other new zealand bowlers where struggling to get wickets, we cannot keep relying on bond our other bowlers have pull their socks up too

if new zealand want to challenge south africa next month they need all their bowlers on top form

i think our batting is ok even though we only managed to make 238 today, its the bowlers (apart from bond) that concerns me

Last edited:
No. Batting was not ok today still... 149/7 and this is the second time the top order is collapsing against some discplined bowling... New Zealand need to improve on their batting too. And they are relying on Bond for bowling teams out which cant happen always! It just needs a few overs to sort Bond out and thats disastrous!

To be fair Zimbabwe did a good job in both matches with the ball,
They are starting to realize that losing with out challenging can get them out of the international arena,Good fight back from zimbabwe way to zim.

The new zealand batting was not that good, but zim showed great spirit in that match, and some fight.

jazz said:
this match proves where still a one man team,

when bond came back into the attack he took 3 wickets and zimbabwe got bowled out

the other new zealand bowlers where struggling to get wickets, we cannot keep relying on bond our other bowlers have pull their socks up too

if new zealand want to challenge south africa next month they need all their bowlers on top form

i think our batting is ok even though we only managed to make 238 today, its the bowlers (apart from bond) that concerns me

I disagree. You forgot Vettori, he bowled and always does bowl great. We were missing Cairns. Oram has just come back from injury so he is a little rusty and Adams diddn't play but was playing quite well. I don't think our bowling is terrible. You could say the same about the Australians that Shane Warne is their one man team.

Our bowling hasn't been the problem. The scores we have restricted teams to has been fantastic. That last match there was a little bit of sloppy bowling but I think 7 bowlers used shows that it was a bit of experimentation. And with Patel on debut, he went for a few runs. Our batting was very average but the Zimbabwe bowling did improve.

aussie1st said:
What this series has done is show Bond has still got it. He is bowling as well as ever.

i think he is bowling better than ever, probably the best he has ever bowled.

but thats just my opinion ;)

also i think the new zealand bowlers apart from bond have been a bit of a let down and the batting in the last game was poor but all the other games have been good (mostly the top order have been failing but thats typical new zealand)

aussie1st said:
Well now we will see how valuable Bond is as he and Vettori have been rested for the Indian game.

Can you give us the source of this news plz? I searched various sites but didnt get this news of Bond and Vettori being rested!

I think Bond might not be as lethal as he was against India at Bulawayo! It was the pace off the wicket coupled with the swing that got Bond the wickets. And also the Indians were caught off guard adjusting to the conditions. I think the Indians now are better adjusted (of course, they have this tendency to prove us wrong by batting poorly!) and also the wicket in Harare doesnt have the pace to rattle the Indians! Its the swing bowlers and the spinners who will cause more trouble to the Indians. Swing at Bond's pace can be handled!

I guess India can play Bond better in Harare than in Bulawayo this time! Final or the next game, India have to play positively against Bond if they have to win the series!

Last edited:
New Zealand's top two bowlers have been left out of the 12 man line-up for tonight's one day cricket tri series match against India in Harare.

Shane Bond and Daniel Vettori are being given a well-earned rest, with the Black Caps already having qualified for the final.

Chris Cairns faces a fitness test this afternoon before a decision will be made on whether he will play, James Marshall is on standby to take his place.

Scott Styris is included in his 100th one dayer for New Zealand.

? 2005 NZCity, NewsTalkZB
http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=54544&cat=977

Trust me, New Zealand won't be a pushover without Vettori and Bond. Good move. Im still betting NZ will win. That leaves us with I suppose

Adams, Mills to presumably open the bowling, Cairns, Oram, Styris, Patel, Astle and McMillan if needed. Thats still a bowling attack that could take wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread