Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
We need two good 50s from Dravid and Kaif and the partnership needs to go around 190 then I think India can win. Right now I can't trust this team; anything can happen.

EDIT: India 176/2 (30.2 ov) . Kaif got a good opportunity to make that 50 into a hundred today and win the match for India. So far he's been good. Come on India!!!

Last edited:
India are on fire :eek:

Shows how useless New Zealand are without Bond...

189/3 off 30 overs. A run-a-ball required from here. Should be easy.

All India need is 6 runs per over and Kaif till the end. Come on India!!! We can do it.

EDIT: India 207/3 (37.0 ov) India require another 72 runs with 7 wickets and 13.0 overs remaining. India in control.

Last edited:
India 211 for 3 in 38 overs, kaif and yuvraj looking solid, India should win this from here.

Yuvraj GOne!!!! India 223/4 (40.0 ov) India require another 55 runs with 6 wickets and 57 balls remaining. Come on India.

40 off 36 balls!!!! Kaif and Dhoni still there!!!!

If we win here, its going to boost our confidence levels no end!!!!!! Come on India! Win it for us this time!!!!!! Come on Kaifu!!!!!!!

Kaif reached his 100. What a 100. Excellent inning by the young man. India need another 30 from 30 balls. COme on India!!!

preet said:
Kaif reached his 100. What a 100. Excellent inning by the young man. India need another 30 from 30 balls. COme on India!!!

Come on India! Finish this! I have seen you collapse from these type of positions. Dont let it happen again

Edit: Closing in! Dhoni gets a lucky boundary!

Dhoni has settled the issue for India with two towering sixes!!! 31 off 24 balls!!!

INDIA WIN BY 6 WICKETS!!! DHONI MURDERING KIWIS FOR 37 OFF 27 BALLS!

YIPPIE!!!! HURRAY!!!!! I AM VERY HAPPY THAT OUR BATTING HAS HIT THE STRAPS!!!!!

Last edited:
BALA BALA... YESSSSS!!! India won by 6 wickets. Excellent inning by Kaif and what a knock by Dhoni, 37 off 27 balls. He's even more dangerous than Sehwag.

People who betted on an Indian win would now have their coffers filled!!!!! Congrats aussie1st and Rangeela!

Time to rejoice - this victory means a lot to us Indians because of the impressive performance of the batting which had suddenly become a weak link for us. And that too on this wicket which was said to be a tough one to bat! I dont know when and why it was changed to a good batting track!

Well played Kaif. I always said that he should bat at 3/4/5. Dhoni has also become very useful, and if Yuvraj bowls a little bit more, he'll also be handy :)

well played India (after a long time)..agree no Bond there but we'll take this :)

PS join the party at Indian Team Fanclub ;) :cheers

good win for india, i think it was a good batting performance from us today but hamish marshall and nathan astle need to find some form

our bowling was poor today despite the fact we rested bond and vettori i expected our bowlers to do better than this, adams was very poor with the ball today

i rather would of preffered new zealand to have added james franklin to this squad rather than adams

i expect our bowling to become stronger when bond and vettori return for the final on tuesday

jazz said:
good win for india, i think it was a good batting performance from us today but hamish marshall and nathan astle need to find some form

our bowling was poor today despite the fact we rested bond and vettori i expected our bowlers to do better than this, adams was very poor with the ball today

i rather would of preffered new zealand to have added james franklin to this squad rather than adams

i expect our bowling to become stronger when bond and vettori return for the final on tuesday

I also expect the Indians to play more better and more confident against Shane Bond on Tuesday!

Should prove to be an exciting finale! India still have one more match against Zimbabwe in the kitty - a chance for more batting form to gain and a chance for today's average bowlers to gain more confidence back!

We should bat first against Zimbabwe on this wicket and try to pile up more than 300+. That would give us peak confidence in batting! I am happy with this result today. More than anything, it was a confidence booster before the final!

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
I also expect the Indians to play more better and more confident against Shane Bond on Tuesday!

Should prove to be an exciting finale! India still have one more match against Zimbabwe in the kitty - a chance for more batting form to gain and a chance for today's average bowlers to gain more confidence back!

We should bat first against Zimbabwe on this wicket and try to pile up more than 300+. That would give us peak confidence in batting! I am happy with this result today. More than anything, it was a confidence booster before the final!

no doubt india will be at their best next tuesday.

but india still have to be wary of the new zealand all rounders

i too also expect new zealand to bat very well, everyone down to shane bond at number 11 can bat for us and plus we will have 6,7 bowling options due to our all rounders

Users who are viewing this thread