Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
The thing I notice India lacking is a big hitter to get them through if they get of to a slow start. I maybe wrong as I havent seen much of these new players but there doesn't seem to be any big hitters.

Indiangod said:
Did you even watch the game today?

I did watch the game today.

Sorry,I actually wanted to say the way they played in the their 1st match against NZ in this series.

@aussie1st

Dhoni is the big hitter for India.

Dhoni can do the big hitting for India! Yuvraj is not the Dhoni or Flintoff type hitter but he can accelerate the scoring for India whenever he gets that touch. Dhoni is enough for us to do the big hitting! Rest, we have the strokemakers to do the job!

Nice win over New Zealand. That will give them a bit confidence. But New Zealand is still big favourites for me in the final. Bond and Vettori will be rested well by then.

hopefully not..I wouln't like to see Dhoni dropping those many catches and not able to play seamers bowling around the wicket. :D

that's ok..a strike rate of 100+ and hs (till now) of 148 is just fine :)

I have read all the posts on pages 20-22 and they're all about Bond. Who cares about Bond? I agree he's a great bowler of New Zealand. We shouldn't worry too much because Bond is not the only dangerous bowler we ever have faced. If Indian batsmen can play Akram, Waqar Younis, Shoaib Akhtar and Brett Lee then why can't they face Bond? To face Bond Indian batsmen will have to be confident and play like the way Kaif played today which was like a champion.

And, we got enough big hitters....Dhoni, Sehwag, Yuvraj, JP Yadav, Agarkar and Pathan. They all have ability of hitting the ball out of the park.

Yes you guys defintiely shouldn't worry about him when he takes 6/19 to steal a certain victory away from India. ;)

Yeah nice win for India. They got off to a good start and from there on it was pretty easy. I don't think NZ will take too many negatives out of the game actually. The batting was fantastic and when Bond and Vettori return the team should be great for the final. Its anyones final really but if India bowl that poorly in the final they won't have a chance.

To the ignorant idiot who claims we are 'useless' without Bond, you are a total fool. We climbed to number 2 in the world in ODI's in the last few years and recently was over taken by Sri Lanka WITHOUT Bond. We are not a 1 man team just like Glen McGrath isn't a 1 man Australian team, just like England isn't a 1 man Flintoff team. All good teams have a top player, some have a few. I think our B team bowling attack is weak but not exactly useless.

Patel in his second game was expensive again which is a shame but we are looking to the future for him anyway. Adams inconsistantly terrible, bowling against India is a lot different to bowling against Zimbabwe. Mills bowled alright so he will play the final im sure. Cairns is still a little injured so just given a few overs. Styris was looking handy at times, astle as well. Oram needs time bowling, mabee he won't be as good as he used to with the ball (in top 10 ODI bowling rankings).

i think dhoni should open instead of ganguly. if sehwag and dhonie can get some quick runs in the first 20 overs we will surley be on top!!!

INDIA ZINDABAAD!! :mad :happy

Cricketman93 said:
i think dhoni should open instead of ganguly. if sehwag and dhonie can get some quick runs in the first 20 overs we will surley be on top!!!

INDIA ZINDABAAD!! :mad :happy

Plz! We should let Dhoni be where he is! Right now, Ganguly isnt doing too bad. 20 off 28 balls and 19 off 21 balls shows that he is not too slow.. He is just not getting to convert these small scores into big fruitful ones. Let him continue in this tri series till the final as an opener. Tendulkar will be back to reclaim his place in the XI as an opener along with Sehwag for the Sri lanka ODI series in October!

Just moving away from the main topic (i.e. the Videocon Tri series), suppose Tendulkar returns to the team for the ODI's, who is going to make way for him in the XI? He has to be a sureshot in the XI. Yuvraj on form is better than Ganguly. Kaif is the top batsman in the team now on form! Dravid cant be removed from the XI. Yadav should not be touched (though I sense the knife hanging close to his neck!), Dhoni cant be touched too, Sehwag cant be touched too. Which leaves Ganguly as the weak link of the squad who has to be replaced with Sachin.

It would be tragic for Yadav to be dropped and no one else can be dropped! So in order for Sachin to come back into the team, Ganguly has to make that crucial decision. And can the captain himself be a Supersub? If yes, then that might just favor Ganguly to be a non playing captain who can call the shots from the pavilion!

irottev said:
Patel in his second game was expensive again which is a shame but we are looking to the future for him anyway. Adams inconsistantly terrible, bowling against India is a lot different to bowling against Zimbabwe. Mills bowled alright so he will play the final im sure. Cairns is still a little injured so just given a few overs. Styris was looking handy at times, astle as well. Oram needs time bowling, mabee he won't be as good as he used to with the ball (in top 10 ODI bowling rankings).

i think oram will bowl again as he used to his just needs more time and more matches to play

aussie1st said:
Yes you guys defintiely shouldn't worry about him when he takes 6/19 to steal a certain victory away from India. ;)

good to see more people taking interest in NZ winning/India losing..that's ok mate I understand ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread