Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
jazz said:
how is our team usless without bond and vettori ?

we became the 2nd best odi team last year without shane bond we are not a one man team, and our best bowler last year was jacob oram who is just finding his way now after a long injury

we had a good batting display and with our bolwers we were given part timers like astle and styris more bowling to have them ready in the final

our top class bowlers yesterday oram and cairns only had 7 overs in between them

we will play much better on the final than we did today
Oram and Cairns didn't bowl that many overs because Styris, astle and Patel were bowling well and keeping the run rate under 5, which at one stage it was touching 7-8. Those 3 brought the run rate down and also Patel and Styris each got big wickets of Rahul Dravid and Yuvraj Singh. That's why the other fast bowlers didn't bowl that many overs. Those three got expensive when Dhoni came in to bat. :D

Bad news for New Zealand team. Cairns ruled out of Videocon Cup final.
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/videoconseries/content/story/217954.html

Last edited:
New Zealand all the way. India are not at their best. Bond will rip india's batting lineup in the final and give NZ the victory. Nothing against india offcourse

Pace-Ace said:
New Zealand all the way. India are not at their best. Bond will rip india's batting lineup in the final and give NZ the victory. Nothing against india offcourse

its not certain bond will rip thorugh india's batting, he could have a very bad day and get hit for 50-60 odd runs

If I was a batsman in the Indian line-up this is what I would do in the final against Bond. If the delivery is pitched off stump, just leave it for the wicket-keeper. I wouldn't try to hit him for 4s or 6s rather I would go after some other New Zealand bowlers aggressively, and score 6-7 per over against them. So, I think that's what Indian batsmen should do in the final and set a good total of 260-270 on the board. Also, then I would like Indian bowlers to bowl as well as they bowled in the first game of the tournament against New Zealand.

This is my line-up for the final.

Virender Sehwag
*Sourav Ganguly
Mohammad Kaif
Rahul Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
+MS Dhoni
JP Yadav
Irfan Pathan
Ajit Agarkar
Murali Kartik
Ashish Nehra

Super sub- Suresh Raina

Last edited:
Pace-Ace said:
Nothing against india offcourse

Just trying to escape the hot temper of the Indian supporters in this forum who will be ready to tear you into pieces?

Being a decent follower of cricket, anyone can say that confidence plays a big part in this gentlemen's game! And the Indians more importantly are more confident than they have been so far in this new season! The batting line up fired in the previous match (No Bond but so what?)! We needed that shot of confidence badly and we've got it. Yes, we have a tendency to choke in the finals. But after a lot of choking, we finally won at the Natwest 2002 final. I dont know why cant we repeat that again!

Lee is much faster and a much accurate bowler than Bond. We've faced him with aplomb when we have been in good form. And now we've got that form. So I dont know why we cant dream that Fleming made a mistake of not having Bond in the previous match! Just watch out. That little confidence that the Indians gained is going to be vital!

preet said:
If I was a batsman in the Indian line-up this is what I would do in the final against Bond. If the delivery is pitched off stump, just leave it for the wicket-keeper. I wouldn't try to hit him for 4s or 6s rather I would go after some other New Zealand bowlers aggressively, and score 6-7 per over against them. So, I think that's what Indian batsmen should do in the final and set a good total of 260-270 on the board. Also, then I would like Indian bowlers to bowl as well as they bowled in the first game of the tournament against New Zealand.

This is my line-up for the final.

Virender Sehwag
*Sourav Ganguly
Mohammad Kaif
Rahul Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
+MS Dhoni
JP Yadav
Irfan Pathan
Ajit Agarkar
Murali Kartik
Ashish Nehra

Super sub- Suresh Raina

It depends on what track is given for the final! If we get the same track that we played against New Zealand yesterday, then we need not be that cautious against Bond. Of course since he is a good bowler, we have to give him that respect and play him cautiously for 2 overs or so. Then he has to be scored off!

We've to only chase against New Zealand! Whatever total we set, they have a long line up to chase it down. And we have had a history of losing to them while defending a big total (ICC Champions trophy 2000). So we better bowl first and restrict them to a total of 250-260 and then go about chasing it!

Last edited:
Lee is much faster and a much accurate bowler than Bond.

Incorrect, Bond is much more accurate. Lee might be faster by a few Km on average but not way faster. Bond was bowling up to 47 km/h in the last game he played in He was consistantly bowling 45km/h. He has already said he can bowl 150 if he wanted to but since hes on the way back from injury and since hes has injurys in the past bowling that fast will only be once in a while kind of thing. Lee bowls faste ron average probably yes but much faster...hmm nope.

Also Lee doesn't get much/any swing. Bond gets a nice amount.

I don't think Fleming and the coaching staff made a bad decision to rest Bond and Vettori. The less the Indians face of both of them the less they can get used to them. It also forced our batting to put a good score on the board which happened and some players were hitting the ball nicely out there. THe final is going to be a goodie.

From the looks of Bond he is about Tait's speed but way more control. That is the awesome thing about Bond he can control the ball. Lee can swing it but he hasn't been getting too much in England.

OK anyway, I am sure the Indians can on their current confidence face Bond! Let the final be the best clash of the series so far! I want India to win as always!

sai you have to go through zimbabwe first,

"Saisrini80 looks further then zimbabwe"

Cricinfo

lol

fardin said:

Cricinfo

lol

Zimbabwe or no Zimbabwe, we're the final. And the fight for the trophy is going to be between India and New Zealand. So whats wrong in me looking ahead? Yes, Zimbabwe have been a bit better in their previous match against New Zealand. But still according to paper strength, they dont pose even an inch of threat to the Indians (of course, happenings on the field can be different)!

fardin said:

Cricinfo

lol
Dear Fardin, I thought you were a changed member when you won that PC award but in the past 2 weeks you have proved each one of us wrong . YOu seem to leave no oppurtunity of hurting th pride of us Indian fans . You said that India would lose to your beloved Zimbabweans ! Then you went on to post some rubbish in the `Unforgettable moments` thread saying

fardin said:
"India losing to bangladesh
India losing to zimbabwe
India losing to west indies
india losing to sri lanka
India losing to australia
India losing to new zealand
India thrashed by bond
India losing to etc
Oh and PERIOD."
Whats it with your obsession with Zimbabwe ? Its good that you are supporting the underdog but you have to realize that Zimbabwe does not have a team which can beat TOP SIDES consistently .
And fardin, even if India lose to Zim today, we are already through to the finals , so what is wrong in Sai looking forward to the finals.
Tell me, if you had a NZ-Pak-Zim tri series, would you look forward to the Pak-Nz game or a boring Pak-Zim match ?

Anyway Indias all ready through to the finals, and I'll be looking forward to that one. Todays game agasint zim and the remiening game vs new zealand is a build up to the final, India is confident at the moment and has got the momentum, Indias battings looking strong and thier bowlings coming good as well.

I cant never see zim beating a top side is TESTS, they get ripped apart in 2 days. In odis it might be different even scotlend could beat zim.

Well yea I guess your right zorax, but they all have their moments. Remember that tailender that smashed a fifty in the tests. and also blignaut and streak can hold a bat. Wishart has proven in the late 90's he can also score runs. zimbabwe are trying to improve to levels in the past. they will be back soon.

Users who are viewing this thread