Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
UsmanCHADDA said:
Indiangod I am sorry I offended you. Keeping faith in your team even if they are losing is very appreciated.

I didnt say Afridi is better than Sehwag. Read my post. People were comparing them, not I. Afridi is a useless cricketer really, who just wastes his talent IMO. Dunno why people even call him a batsman, just because he can strike the ball and has a few hundreds to his name? Its just those big knocks are always lucky. Sehwag is an accomplished batsman. So no comparison.

Back to topic, Zimbabwe have got no chance of beating India. Like, India cant be that worse? I hope this match serves as a warm-up for some Indian cricketers to find their form.
Good to see a Pakistani like you; totaly different from others. :cheers

UsmanCHADDA said:
Indiangod I am sorry I offended you. Keeping faith in your team even if they are losing is very appreciated.

I didnt say Afridi is better than Sehwag. Read my post. People were comparing them, not I. Afridi is a useless cricketer really, who just wastes his talent IMO. Dunno why people even call him a batsman, just because he can strike the ball and has a few hundreds to his name? Its just those big knocks are always lucky. Sehwag is an accomplished batsman. So no comparison.

Back to topic, Zimbabwe have got no chance of beating India. Like, India cant be that worse? I hope this match serves as a warm-up for some Indian cricketers to find their form.

A very very sensible post buddy! hats off to you!

you surely need some reps for this!

saisrini80 said:
A very very sensible post buddy! hats off to you!

you surely need some reps for this!

A very good post because he is hating on a pakistani player?

Way to go sai :clap

fardin said:
A very good post because he is hating on a pakistani player?

Way to go sai :clap
Hey, did you even understand what he said? he is hating on a pakistani player??? He just typed what he was thinking about these two players, Sehwag and Afridi and I don't think he was wrong there. Sehwag is a much better player than Afridi.

Shailesh said:
you call stating facts as hating?

ok now i dont need to react to that, do I fardin? these guys have done that on my behalf....

what he said was his opinion and i said that i agree with him. and from where do you get the opinion that i am anti-pakistan? I am a big fan of Wasim Akram. I even have him as my idol (I'm a left armer too!). I admire guys like Inzamam, Youhana, etc and I enjoy Afridi when he is on song (of course not against India)! India and Pakistan are the best entertainers of modern day cricket! but what Usman said sounded right to me. Afridi is that sort of a guy! Even after so much experience in international cricket, he is still what he was at the beginning - a slogger!

for furthere reference refer to "who is better Sehwag aur Afridi" thread ;)

Bringing this thread back on topic, just like Fardin, I would love to see Zimbabwe beat India in the next match. Now before everyone goes on bashing me for saying that, listen to this.

Ever since the peace talks going on between Pakistani and Indian governments, the heat between the two cricket teams has died down quiet a bit, and understandably so. Cricket fans from both countries seem to think that putting down the others' team would be politically incorrect in this situation. I hope we can get past all this political crap and get down to just supporting our teams and thinking of our neighbor countries team as rivals instead enemies. Once we've come to that point, there will be a healthy rivalry between some of the best and brightest cricketers in the world that will glorify cricket around the globe, as the Ashes has done so far.

That said, I would hate to see Indian team performing crappy all the time, because then beating them won't make me as proud. :happy

So, in the spirit of that rivalry, GO ZIMBABWE :D :D

I seriously doubt it though. Zimbabwe have got worse to worse by every match they have played. Massacred by almost everybody in the world. If Zimbabwe are to win, India will have to peform lower than the team USA. And I dont think India would fall to such depths :rolleyes:

nightprowler10 said:
Bringing this thread back on topic, just like Fardin, I would love to see Zimbabwe beat India in the next match.

If that were to happen it would be a bigger upset than Bangladesh beating Australia.

jdbais said:
If that were to happen it would be a bigger upset than Bangladesh beating Australia.
That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The number 1 ranked team in the world for atleast the past 5 years getting beat by one of the worst teams to play ODIs ever is a far greater upset than India, a team that has struggled to win games in the past year, losing to Zimbabwe on home turf. Only thing that would top the Bang-Aus match is USA beating Australia.

andrew_nixon said:
An American team has beaten Australia in the past......
I meant the current Team USA.

BTW, you've mentioned Bart King in your previous posts. Is there any information you can give me about him that is not easily available on the internet? There isn't much about him on Cricinfo, but Google had a few hits. I am preparing a speech about the state of cricket in the United States and was planning on using references to Bart King in my speech. Any info at all that you could give me ragarding King would be appreciated.

EDIT: Found a profile on Cricinfo. Still would appreciate any help on King.

nightprowler10 said:
I meant the current Team USA.

BTW, you've mentioned Bart King in your previous posts. Is there any information you can give me about him that is not easily available on the internet? There isn't much about him on Cricinfo, but Google had a few hits. I am preparing a speech about the state of cricket in the United States and was planning on using references to Bart King in my speech. Any info at all that you could give me ragarding King would be appreciated.

EDIT: Found a profile on Cricinfo. Still would appreciate any help on King.
Theirs an obituary here: http://www.haverford.edu/library/cricket/site_update/famous_King.htm

It contains some good info.

Another player profile, and picture here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_King

All I can find for now, most of what I've read has been in books.

One thing to remember is that up until the first World War, the USA were probably the 4th best cricket playing country. The USA v Canada fixture dates back to 1844, before any other international contest in any sport.

Check here: http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Events/USA.html for some more details on cricket in the USA, this contains all first class and list A cricket that has been played there.

Other links that may be of interest for US cricket history in general follow:

http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/NATIONAL/ICC_MEMBERS/USA/USA_FINEST_HOUR.html - A report on the USA's victory over a full West Indies side in 1888.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/usa/content/story/141158.html - Cricinfos' USA history page.

Users who are viewing this thread