Videocon Cup

Who will win the Tri-Nation in Zimbabwe?

• Zimbabwe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • India

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters
Indiangod said:
For god sake its only 1 defeat, sure India is not playing at thier best at the momment, but India will bounce back, I'm a die hard Indian cricket fan, wether India win or lose, I take a lot of pride in India, a true Indian fan would not give up on India, and most defo would not say the team sucks and India are a bunch of losers. The fans should support thier team all the way no matter what, and don't forget its not the end of the world.
In that case I am more of a Bangladesh fan :happy

Like I said, the true supporters back up their team in the ups and also in the downs.

And Agarker is an allrounder? :laugh I rather call Pathan an allrounder then him.

But I was actually impressed by the New Zealand batting line up. They had a batting line up up to ten places (!). And that includes Vettori. I've never seen that before. Pakistan had once up to nine places, but that was an exhibition match. It shows the strength of New Zealand actually, because they're doing well cause of the allrounders.
Off course Bond wasn't in that line up, but he came up as a Supersub.

The match against Zimbabwe is over two days. We'll see what happens.

UsmanCHADDA said:
The problem Indiangod is that the Indian team is having a lot of bad days nowadays. Even in the IndianOil Cup, they were at times demolished by the Lankans (forget the weak Windies). Indian supporters have really been wanting team India to consistently win, but team India is adamant on losing consistently. What they lack is consistency. Example: Not long ago Sehwag was known as the centre of the Indian team, and the so-called "Sehwag Effect" came into being. But now people want to throw him outta the team, and even compare him to Afridi :mad: The problem mainly lies in consistency and consistency alone. I admire you Indiangod for the support you give to the Indian team, but I guess you will someday aswell give-up, like preet.

What kind of stupid question is 'I guess you will someday give up'? , I'll never give up on the indian team never, as long as I live. India is a team that never gives up , and dont give it in till the end. Sehwags a better batsmen then afridi anyway, afridi overall averages 25, and sehwag 32, sehwags just having a bad time, and so is india. India will improve, you'll see in the final.

Last edited:
Indiangod said:
What kind of stupid question is 'I guess you will someday give up'? , I'll never give up on the indian team never, as long as I live. India is a team that never gives up , and dont give it in till the end. Sehwags a better batsmen then afridi anyway, afridi overall averages 25, and sehwag 32, sehwags just having a bad time, and so is india. India will improve, you'll see in the final.

GO INDIA GO !! I agree with you Indiagod! :happy

All India needs is the main players to click, and soon the whole Indian team will click too. For Indias batsmen all it takes in one good konock then thier in form, and for India all they need is one ood tournment win, then India will be confident evrey day. When sachins back Indias team will grow stronger you'll see.

For god sake Sehwags a much better batsmen then afridi in odis

Sehwag

Matches /122
runs /3596
ave/ 31.82
50's/ 17
100's/7
st/95.16

Afridi

Matches/ 211
runs / 4678
ave / 24.23
st/ 108.08
50's / 26
100's / 4

Sehwags got a better average than afridi by 7 points, even though afridis played 89 more matches then sehwag, and sehwags got 7 hundreds to afridi 4, along with 17 50's with afridis 26. afridi might be the better bowler but only just.

Last edited:
How do they compare in the last half year? And this is not actually competition between Afridi and Sehwag. They are both good cricket players.

But if you want to compare, you can compare Sehwag with Vincent or Fleming for instance. And also in the year 2005.

bharat said:
Sai...

saisrini80 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

I couldn't PM you.Delete some messages.

Sorry.. Deleted some right now!

ZexyZahid said:
How do they compare in the last half year? And this is not actually competition between Afridi and Sehwag. They are both good cricket players.

But if you want to compare, you can compare Sehwag with Vincent or Fleming for instance. And also in the year 2005.

Here is their stats for the year 2005

Virender Sehwag

Matches: 16
Runs: 465
HS: 108
Avg: 29.06
100's: 1
50's: 1
Ct: 5
Bow.Avg: 55.2

Shahid Afridi

Matches: 20
Runs: 553
HS: 102
Avg: 30.72
50's: 2
Ct: 20
Bow.Avg: 37.7

In the batting, not too big difference in their averages. Afridi is just a point over Sehwag this year in 2005!

saisrini80 said:
Sorry.. Deleted some right now!

Here is their stats for the year 2005

Virender Sehwag

Matches: 16
Runs: 465
HS: 108
Avg: 29.06
50's: 1
Ct: 5
Bow.Avg: 55.2

Shahid Afridi

Matches: 20
Runs: 553
HS: 102
Avg: 30.72
50's: 2
Ct: 20
Bow.Avg: 37.7

In the batting, not too big difference in their averages. Afridi is just a point over Sehwag this year in 2005!

Afridis only one point ahead IMO. and sehwags been playing really crap this year , and still close. IMO

Indiangod said:

Giving up on the team? No way! I never can! At the most, I can give up on them for only 24 hours after a defeat! Thats it. I then come back to support them! Our country has enormous talent. Its all going to a waste right now with not so sincere performances.

And I think we're lashing the team too much just for their performance in the first match! We've had positives come out of that game itself. Pathan n Nehra's bowling early, Yadav and Pathan's batting, etc.

I am confident that we can put behind the early setback and go about in a positive fashion for the rest of the series. I am sure Chappell's experimenting is over and he is down to the real test which is -VICTORIES!

saisrini80 said:
Giving up on the team? No way! I never can! At the most, I can give up on them for only 24 hours after a defeat! Thats it. I then come back to support them! Our country has enormous talent. Its all going to a waste right now with not so sincere performances.

And I think we're lashing the team too much just for their performance in the first match! We've had positives come out of that game itself. Pathan n Nehra's bowling early, Yadav and Pathan's batting, etc.

I am confident that we can put behind the early setback and go about in a positive fashion for the rest of the series. I am sure Chappell's experimenting is over and he is down to the real test which is -VICTORIES!

I agree with you 100%.

THe Zimbabwe India game will do India good. Next match India vs NZ will be a more fair match up probably. None of the rounds really matter, the final DOES.

fardin said:
Zimbabwe will beat India.

Good fardin. Keep up those hopes. Lets see if they turn true!

Also is it possible for you to actually tell me which is your native country? your id sounds pakistan but your messages makes it look like you're a zimbabwean!

saisrini80 said:
Good fardin. Keep up those hopes. Lets see if they turn true!

Also is it possible for you to actually tell me which is your native country? your id sounds pakistan but your messages makes it look like you're a zimbabwean!
LOLZ...that's true.

Indiangod I am sorry I offended you. Keeping faith in your team even if they are losing is very appreciated.

I didnt say Afridi is better than Sehwag. Read my post. People were comparing them, not I. Afridi is a useless cricketer really, who just wastes his talent IMO. Dunno why people even call him a batsman, just because he can strike the ball and has a few hundreds to his name? Its just those big knocks are always lucky. Sehwag is an accomplished batsman. So no comparison.

Back to topic, Zimbabwe have got no chance of beating India. Like, India cant be that worse? I hope this match serves as a warm-up for some Indian cricketers to find their form.

Users who are viewing this thread