Way too many edges - post patch

Also BAS it's nearly impossible to get an edge on standard batting controls if your timing is good, because foot placement is auto and always ideal or good, can you make it link to your timing so if your timing is good then foot placement is good too and if it is bad then foot placement is also bad,, atleast that way you may get an edge.

Key to not edging it is to play quite late and just when the bowl is about to hit the bat, the edges on early, OK and good are high compare to ideal and late, (should patch the late timing lower edge probability though) and 2ndly be precise with your foot work

Just as a matter of interest regarding the edges/nicks issue. Are people just throwing the bat to every delivery? Like.....are people trying to play an attacking run scoring shot to every ball bowled to them?
It would be interesting to know how many/what percentages of balls faced are either left......or played defensively.
Some deliveries that the bowler sends down to you just won't be in the slot to throw the bat at.

Just as a matter of interest regarding the edges/nicks issue. Are people just throwing the bat to every delivery? Like.....are people trying to play an attacking run scoring shot to every ball bowled to them?
It would be interesting to know how many/what percentages of balls faced are either left......or played defensively.
Some deliveries that the bowler sends down to you just won't be in the slot to throw the bat at.

After the latest patch I continued to bat in my usual fashion ( pro , hard , 70 rated batsman ) playing an attacking shot to every ball , I nicked off probably about 75% of the time for under 20 , now I defend balls on the stumps that are good or full , and notice footwork needs to be precise to deliver middled shots ... in essence you have to play yourself in :) ... I still get out occasionally to a Jaffa but also scoring more 50s with my career player, that elusive hundred is hopefully arriving today ...this feedback is based on FC games PS4

I initially got many edges on default hard difficulty. So i went back and played 2 matches with medium difficulty. After 2 matches, i came back to hard mode and i m really playing well now. Now i feel hard mode is easy and i m looking for something between hard and hardest. May be i hv to play with batting modifiers on.

Can people confirm the below for less/more edge frequency.
  • Classic/standard controls
  • Batting difficulty
  • Test/ODI/T20
  • Modifier on/off
I tried batting on Test and it was definitely difficult to bat on in comparison to T20. Lost of edges compared to T20. And I als hear difference classic vs standard. I bat on standard and did get a lot is edges in One test innings. Hard difficulty.

• Batting difficulty
  • Test/ODI/T20
  • Modifier on/off
I tried batting on Test and it was definitely difficult to bat on in comparison to T20. Lost of edges compared to T20. And I als hear difference classic vs standard. I bat on standard and did get a lot is edges in One test innings. Hard difficulty.
Havent played test yet. Will give a try today.

I play all medium, pro, default physics and happy with both human and AI edges

• Batting difficulty
  • Test/ODI/T20
  • Modifier on/off

Definitely a heck of a lot more than before . This is test match.

Playing on hard with match diff on pro with modifier on . I decreased from default down to 70 for all settings

Mostly edges when playing on off side, hooking and sometimes even playing straight.

Only shot i felt confident with is the leg glance

• Batting difficulty
  • Test/ODI/T20
  • Modifier on/off
You're probably going to get more in test matches because batsmen start with low confidence. T20 they start a lot higher so I imagine edges would be less likely.

I play test on veteran difficulty, hard batting, modifiers on 55, I don’t touch physics. The last games I have played have been on hard pitches, I don’t know if this makes a difference. I get edges galor, even on green confidence, playing straight, or balls on offside and back foot shots eg hook. It’s not realistic. I’m going to try and reduce modifiers to 50. If this doesn’t work I’ll reduce batting difficulty to medium[DOUBLEPOST=1528654582][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry and I play on classic mode

I play test on veteran difficulty, hard batting, modifiers on 55, I don’t touch physics. The last games I have played have been on hard pitches, I don’t know if this makes a difference. I get edges galor, even on green confidence, playing straight, or balls on offside and back foot shots eg hook. It’s not realistic. I’m going to try and reduce modifiers to 50. If this doesn’t work I’ll reduce batting difficulty to medium[DOUBLEPOST=1528654582][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry and I play on classic mode
Are you referring to batting modifiers? Disable modifiers and give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread