WC 2007 Final

masterkhan06 said:
It would be cool if its a 20/20 final
That would suck.
At the post above, why would the TV companies hate it? I mean more people would watch the WC final rather then some crappy soap opera!
If it is played on the res day, don't they get 2x views?

anyways the teams:
Australia team
wicket-keeperAC Gilchrist, ML Hayden, captainRT Ponting, MJ Clarke, A Symonds, MEK Hussey, SR Watson, GB Hogg, NW Bracken, SW Tait, GD McGrath

Sri Lanka team
WU Tharanga, ST Jayasuriya, wicket-keeperKC Sangakkara, captainDPMD Jayawardene, LPC Silva, TM Dilshan, RP Arnold, WPUJC Vaas, SL Malinga, M Muralitharan, CRD Fernando

the teams are the exact same

fernando might just be a key to this game if it ever starts

Griffo said:
the teams are the exact same

fernando might just be a key to this game if it ever starts
Fernando's selection was horrible. Mahroof would have pwnd in these conditions. He's an awesome bowler overlooked by the selectors. Much better than Ferdinad over there.

i agree i like maahroof he can bat a bit as well

The ICC actually want to play it so that they can start a fifty over game whenever and continue on the reserve day. It's the TV companies who don't like them doing that and demanding a reduction in overs even on the first day so that they don't have to mess around with their schedule and annoy their advertisers.

Quite fitting that a fairly poor tournament should have it's final marred by rain.

What is Fox Sports showing on TV now? In normal circumstances the Australian innings should have about halfway right now.

May aswell go to bed. The tournament is officially screwed if they take overs off the match. It's a shame, I won't be able to watch it tomorrow night as I have school the next morning.

Screw you mother nature.

Users who are viewing this thread