WC 2007 Final

Cricinfo
8.50am Brightening up a little but still damp. Rules for the final are the same as with earlier rounds, so a late start means that overs are docked off, even though we have a reserve day. So the ICC could have their Twenty20 final a few months early if this carries on.

Please God!!! Open those Clouds:upray

What a joke. This is absolutely disgraceful. This would hands down be the biggest disapointment of a World Cup if overs were knocked off due to the weather.

This would've never happened in Australia as we'd most likely move the final to the Telstra Dome. :D

a 2020 would really suck at this point. I want MicckyD's last spell to be as long as possible, not a 4 over spray :mad:

wtF it's not raining, they [cricinfo] were just joking lol. channel nine's coverage show sunny and dry yay!

i hope they postpone it till tomorrow rather than a play a stupid 30 over a side match.but knowing the arrogant stupid icc they will never do that.

wfdu_ben91 said:
What a joke. This is absolutely disgraceful. This would hands down be the biggest disapointment of a World Cup if overs were knocked off due to the weather.

This would've never happened in Australia as we'd most likely move the final to the Telstra Dome. :D
thats a point JUST PLAY IT SUM WHERE ELSE!!!

9.10am "Ooh, now it's lovely bright sunshine again. This weather is as schizophrenic as my first girlfriend," says the always sensitive Miller. But, in fairness, she was a bit strange. The groundstaff are stirring ...

I have no idea Now?!

The weather looks beautiful over there today. And the pitch looks good for Australia with some green patches with some bounce, which will suit Australia

i was thinking how stupid the icc rules are.the side batting first in these conditions dont know whether they are playing a 50 over match or a 20 over match because of rain interruptions..you plan for 50 over match end up playing 30 and you are way short..this is so ridiclous considering that they do have a reserve day.

yeah it is pretty stupid y they cant just have it on the reserve day. I mean its the worldcup final. Everyone would want a fair full game. Now it makes the toss having to decide the game literally coz the side chasing would know exaclty how to pace it. Batting first the team wouldn't know if overs will be reduced and the target revised.

Users who are viewing this thread