We Should File an Official Complaint (Response from 505 Games post 99)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't get your logic. How are you cheated? If anything, the game is WORSE than we thought it would be... but we thought it would be bad. How is that being cheated? Seriously, end this. You're wasting your time.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yes we can do official complain to steam to take down that crap,i remember WarZ, was taken down in similar way, i was lucky that i didnt buy that crap, but either way who did buy or not,
This is considered as consumer fraud.

Exactly this is my point.

----------

I don't get your logic. How are you cheated? If anything, the game is WORSE than we thought it would be... but we thought it would be bad. How is that being cheated? Seriously, end this. You're wasting your time.

I feel cheated because.

-When I buy a software it should be working.
-If a company launches a software (there should be a QA working behind it)
-A software with bugs and glitches should not be published.

Secondly this is just my personal feeling not saying that you should feel the same way and why should I end this, to be honest I would feel much better if steam take this game down and those guys will not be able to make more money because of those consumers that buy games without reading on the internet or parents that buy games for there children just of the shelf without reading and knowing what it is.

----------

THE RIVALRY RETURNS!

Ashes Cricket 2013 brings a brand new authentic gaming experience to Cricket fans. Celebrating the most intense and long standing international Test rivalry. Lie no this is not authentic

- Brand new engine No it is Unity 3D

- Totally realistic gameplay Totally

- Changing pitch conditions

- All new batting, bowling and fielding controls Fielding is not even controllable.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
One thing that did work once was when a game released on steam with noting certain features that constitutes a promise that were actually not in the game. This caused firstly the game to be temporary removed from Steam until the product page was corrected, as well as allowing everyone who had purchased the game to get a no-questions asked refund.

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Exactly this is my point.

----------

I feel cheated because.

-When I buy a software it should be working.
-If a company launches a software (there should be a QA working behind it)
-A software with bugs and glitches should not be published.

Secondly this is just my personal feeling not saying that you should feel the same way and why should I end this, to be honest I would feel much better if steam take this game down and those guys will not be able to make more money because of those consumers that buy games without reading on the internet or parents that buy games for there children just of the shelf without reading and knowing what it is.

----------

THE RIVALRY RETURNS!

Ashes Cricket 2013 brings a brand new authentic gaming experience to Cricket fans. Celebrating the most intense and long standing international Test rivalry. Lie no this is not authentic

- Brand new engine No it is Unity 3D

- Totally realistic gameplay Totally

- Changing pitch conditions

- All new batting, bowling and fielding controls Fielding is not even controllable.

These points may seem valid to you, but I dont think it's going to do any good. For example, description of a game says "the best fps" but you find it wrong, you can't ask for refund as it is not the best fps.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Problem is that you can barely define "authentic" in terms of fraud. Sure, it is missing lots of basic gameplay elements, but where do you draw the line? If this game came out on mobile phones for 3 francs we wouldn't be complaining as much, yet it'd still be the same game.

Also where do you draw the line at authentic? Even top notch games like the NBA 2k series and FIFA and things that aren't authentic. In Bradman every batsman has the same batting stance and technique, so isn't that non-authentic?

In that features list it basically says they will provide a cricket game, and they do. Even the fielding controls can be argued to be there, since you can (I think) edit the field at least?

Lebanna

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One thing that did work once was when a game released on steam with noting certain features that constitutes a promise that were actually not in the game. This caused firstly the game to be temporary removed from Steam until the product page was corrected, as well as allowing everyone who had purchased the game to get a no-questions asked refund.

I think that this is more realistically viable than the OP. As others have said, it was pretty clear this was going to be dire and spending the money on it was likely to be a waste of money. That said, it is against the law to falsely advertise a product, although in this case the release had no advertising so we can't take issue with that. Therefore the only avenue left is the Steam description as this is grossly misleading.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Problem is that you can barely define "authentic" in terms of fraud. Sure, it is missing lots of basic gameplay elements, but where do you draw the line? If this game came out on mobile phones for 3 francs we wouldn't be complaining as much, yet it'd still be the same game.

Also where do you draw the line at authentic? Even top notch games like the NBA 2k series and FIFA and things that aren't authentic. In Bradman every batsman has the same batting stance and technique, so isn't that non-authentic?

In that features list it basically says they will provide a cricket game, and they do. Even the fielding controls can be argued to be there, since you can (I think) edit the field at least?

Look at the fielding videos is this even humane let alone authentic. Clearly the game have lots of bugs and this can be reported they are simply bugs.

St0ney

Club Captain
Look at the fielding videos is this even humane let alone authentic. Clearly the game have lots of bugs and this can be reported they are simply bugs.

I understand what your saying i knew it would be bad and i dont want my money back coz nobody forced me to buy it.
But the point is the game is unplayable clearly not finished clearly not what they promoted it was gonna be and they sholud be closed down immediatley.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
With the (limited) information provided, you made the decision to buy the game. No one forced you to enter your account details in to Steam, download the game, or install it.

As a developer, they have failed. As a consumer, you have failed.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I understand what your saying i knew it would be bad and i dont want my money back coz nobody forced me to buy it.
But the point is the game is unplayable clearly not finished clearly not what they promoted it was gonna be and they sholud be closed down immediatley.

This exactly this I dont want my money back but I dont want publisher to make 1 more penny and they should apologize for cheating.

----------

With the (limited) information provided, you made the decision to buy the game. No one forced you to enter your account details in to Steam, download the game, or install it.

As a developer, they have failed. As a consumer, you have failed.

As a consumer you have some trust in developer to at-least give out something that is finished and this game is far from finished. It is just moral issue and not related to adding your account or paying for it and clearly you are not understanding this.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
To the OP, we as a community have dealt with a lot of obnoxious cricket games in the past

With cricket gaming, the key word is patience. Thats why most of the experienced members here wait for the game to be reviewed and then make our decisions

I am all for filing complaints if it helps cricket gaming as a whole. But it doesn't. Most probably due to the low cost and budget for this game, this thing will be ignored. That's why they were at least smart enough to charge $20 for the crap game. I have been ripped off $100 in the past which included shipping to NA. So I feel your pain.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
As a consumer you have some trust in developer to at-least give out something that is finished and this game is far from finished. It is just moral issue and not related to adding your account or paying for it and clearly you are not understanding this.

You seriously expected/trusted this game to be in an acceptable state despite it having literally no promotion and literally no communication from the developer/publisher until mere days prior to its availablity? The actions over the last few months CLEARLY showed they weren't to be trusted.

It might be a moral/ethical issue on behalf of the developer/publisher, but it is certainly a common sense issue on behalf of the consumer. You have to accept some responsiblity for buying the game given the circumstances.

AL_Amin

Club Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi Members of PC,

I know there are a lot like me who spent there money and time to download and play this crap game "Trashes 2013" and if not all most of you will be feeling cheated and absolutely pissed by this game.

We should file an official complain as premier cricket gaming community to all those whom are responsible at least an official apology for this cheating consumer.

I consider this act simply as fraud and should be condemned as much as possible, just to let them know that they lost there reputation by doing so.

We can start with writing emails to 505 games and write how we feel about this game and release on facebook and twitter.

Let us try and do something for good.

P.S. I am not a native english speaker so excuse my grammar and all that.

You knew all along what to expect and the quality of this game. Mike fegan and This game had Deception written all around it. Despite this fatal fact you went and bought the game. I see no one but yourself at fault here.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
As many members have pointed out (incl myself), any PC member who has been here more than 2 minutes knew from all the signs (the manual alone) this game would be no good.

Buying and expecting anything else is just crazy.

So my response to those complaining now how poor the game is etc....

:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread