We want autoplay in BLC

fardin said:
You keep saying "use Save Games"Andrew?Any other solution besides save games :D
Dont bother. He is like a broken record. Repetitive and Useless.

I think not having autoplay is pretty good. If it was there i would use it i admit, but because it sint i will be mastering and perfecting my bowling until i can not do it anymore

In Test matches i beleive your bowlers would win you the game as you need to take 20 wickets to win a test match. In a ODI it is a batsman game as bowlers get hit to hit to all parts and score high totals. If you play a test match on BLIC you should have to win the game by right with your bowlers.

Good move codies. I will still be purchasing your game :)

If time is the issue, then the only sensible solution is to use save games. If time isn't an issue and you still autoplay, then you obviously just can't be bothered to play the game.

Josha1210 said:
I think not having autoplay is pretty good. If it was there i would use it i admit, but because it sint i will be mastering and perfecting my bowling until i can not do it anymore
Mastering your bowling to the point where you'll be getting the opposition out for <100, then what do you do? Autoplay it so you can have a decent contest.... oh that's right- there is none! Roll in AI patchers

brad352 said:
Mastering your bowling to the point where you'll be getting the opposition out for <100, then what do you do? Autoplay it so you can have a decent contest.... oh that's right- there is none! Roll in AI patchers

This is the whole crux of the matter - AI batting has to be good in BLIC

andrew_nixon said:
If time is the issue, then the only sensible solution is to use save games. If time isn't an issue and you still autoplay, then you obviously just can't be bothered to play the game.
Time is not the issue. Timeliness is the issue. I don't want to wait for freaking a month for a test match to get over. Also I do not want to play a stupid twenty20. I want to bat my heart out in a test match.

rahulk666 said:
Time is not the issue. Timeliness is the issue. I don't want to wait for freaking a month for a test match to get over. Also I do not want to play a stupid twenty20. I want to bat my heart out in a test match.
well 6 overs go very quickly on the demo.

If time isn't an issue and you still autoplay, then you obviously just can't be bothered to play the game.[/QUOTE]
No that would not be the case,or is not the case.I want to play the game and CAN be bothered playing it,but for certain bits i'd like to autoplay.It's more comfortable for me, and gets me more enjoyment out of the game.It will take me longer to get used to the game.And i don't believe any game at the moment could possibly satisfy anybody over a five day test match.

fardin said:
Autoplay Is a must in a cricket game,dont you see why The stupid ICC has a new ODI format Twent20 because people get bored watching 50 over gameeeeeeee.

not becoz people get bored of watching 50 over game.. We still have lot of fans for the 50 over ODI format! Its just that the Twenty20 can be a more better way to earn more money! Naturally people like a more faster way of finishing the game and would prefer the Twenty20 even more! And also it could be an attempt by the ICC to make the game short enough to compete with games like basketball, football, baseball, etc and get the audience from countries which support these type of games and have huge audience for these games!

50 over matches still have that huge audience! Thats wont go away one little bit! Even test matches between top ranking countries are very interesting to watch! Cricket is a very interesting game always!

fardin said:
Andrew you seem to be loving a game with no autoplay :D

I am also with andrew!

indiancricketer said:
If you guys Want auto play Go and buy CRICKET 2005....Auto play is for people who can't play....The way BLIC is been realise is good enough...Its better WITHOUT autoplay
An easy feature to implement like autoplay gives guys like me the ability to just bat completely and bowl for some overs. Guys like you can totally ignore the autoplay feature and bat and bowl completely. Its just another option (an important one as far as the sales of the game is concerned) in the game. How much more effort the codies developers would have had to take to put this option in? Its not rocket science or anything. And I am sure if the lousy HB studio guys can make it codies can make it with even great AI. People who don't like it can completely ignore it (is it too hard to do even that?).

I am sure the BLIC sales will be hurt due to lack of this feature. I am sure the game reviews will stress on the lack of this feature. Not having an autoplay feature in a game like cricket is inexcuseable how much ever you BLIC lovers try to defend it.

P.S. I am not an EA sports C2K5 lover too... It is still buggy... I just want to make a point that small things like this makes the difference between good game and great game.

Last edited:
indiancricketer said:
If you guys Want auto play Go and buy CRICKET 2005....Auto play is for people who can't play....The way BLIC is been realise is good enough...Its better WITHOUT autoplay

Well i knew that a few ppl on this forum are pro-Codemasters
but this just proves it.

If autopay is for ppl who cant play,then the AI of cricket 2005 must be greater than that of BLIC,isn't it?

rahulk666 said:
I just want to make a point that small things like this makes the difference between good game and great game.

SMALL THINGS DO MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE SOMETIMES
I agree with you rahul

rubbergenius said:
(just thought, you wouldn't get a bloke from EA saying this... ;) )

You're right there, they spend all their time slagging off BLIC rather that trying to make there game above poor

Forget autoplay not being in blic,their is no option for automatic fielding either :mad: .
bowling as well as fielding for the whole match is going to be boring.

Users who are viewing this thread