We want autoplay in BLC

dhruvdeepak said:
what the hell is this absurd purist view about autoplay.
i dont care to use it but the attitude you guys have is ridiculous.
a considerable amount of users WANT to use it, and one should go by demand. you cant enforce your views on such a large number of people.
maybe youre expecting a freaking flawless piece of beauty in BLIC 2005, but others are a bit more realistic. one might get bored and want to get through a game, FOR WHATEVER REASON. whoever is whining about those wanting autoplay has no right to be telling them how to play a video game.
the reason why i would think anyone would use autoplay is in the middle of a long tour...want to get on to the test match and not play the tour game...

how do you expect to get through a 5 day test match is a single day or two days? thats what autoplay does. but it also adds that unrealistic nature to the game. Autoplay scores are mostly unrealistic! And it completely takes away the fun of playing a game! And if you really interested in playing short matches, play the twenty20 instead or play the classic matches. If you want to play test matches, save it whenever you want and then continue playing it at a later time. But of course, as you say, you have to bowl and bat all overs. But thats what a cricket game is for! When you get onto a cricket field, would you play or would you play to happen automatically? Thats realism man!

In my opinion, not including Autoplay is not at all a flaw by the BLIC team!

saisrini80 said:
how do you expect to get through a 5 day test match is a single day or two days? thats what autoplay does. but it also adds that unrealistic nature to the game. Autoplay scores are mostly unrealistic! And it completely takes away the fun of playing a game! And if you really interested in playing short matches, play the twenty20 instead or play the classic matches.

In my opinion, not including Autoplay is not at all a flaw by the BLIC team!
Less unrealistic than the scores we'll be producing once the bowling gets worked out, along with the timing minigame that is basically batting. And regardless of what you feel, I don't know how the hell you can argue that it's not a flaw when it's what people clearly want, and they're in the business of catering to that. Also, I refer any of you here - got about an extra year out of Cricket 2004 for me.

a considerable amount of users WANT to use it, and one should go by demand. you cant enforce your views on such a large number of people.
maybe youre expecting a freaking flawless piece of beauty in BLIC 2005, but others are a bit more realistic. one might get bored and want to get through a game, FOR WHATEVER REASON. whoever is whining about those wanting autoplay has no right to be telling them how to play a video game.

Exactly!

You're all kidding yourselves by building this game up as the best bloody thing since sliced bread and dismissing all it's faults, accept your two mediocre cricket games already and enjoy them, I certainly will be

duffarama said:
I never at all used the autoplay feature in Cricket 2004, and it will be the same for Cricket 2005 and BLC 2005.
I agree with the majority of users who have posted in this thread. What's the point of buying the game if you arn't even going to play it? It should be enjoyable enough for users to play out full matches, even tests for that matter.

Good shout & Ditto.

Do we need this pointless moaning. You buy a cricket game to play the game, not to autoplay most of the match.

If you want a game like that, why don't you just buy a cricket management game. Makes more sense to me

andy82 said:
Do we need this pointless moaning. You buy a cricket game to play the game, not to autoplay most of the match.

If you want a game like that, why don't you just buy a cricket management game. Makes more sense to me
We want a game so that we can bat for entire innings and then bowl a little bit, and when it gets a bit boring autoplay the match for say 5 overs or till end of the innings. Is it too much to ask?? You all are talking about saving the game and then reloading it again if one does not have the time. But, say for example I have 2 hours today and virtually no free time for next 5-6 days and I want to spend these two hours only batting and also play a Test match it will not be possible. WHat if the team I choose is forced to bowl? Do you mean to say that I should use the two hours I have free to bowl and wait one week when i get time to bat?? That's ridiculous... In a long game like cricket... (even for video games) autoplay feature is handy and codies have not done a good job by not including it... Seriously how hard would it have been to incorporate such feature... It would have solved problem of people who did not like bowling... People who love bowling and like to play the whole just would have not used it...

Also don't tell us to play twenty20 matches (instead of test matches) if we don't like to bowl... we want to play more than 20 overs in a match...

Whether you want autoplay or not (and yes, both viewpoints aare duly noted) it isn't in this version and could not be implemented by a patch. Some don't care for it, some do - it's a contentious feature that's for sure.

I guess the reason we didn't include it was simply because we wanted to make the bowling fun (and playable) so you didn't have to resort to autoplay. That you wanted to actually bowl (it is half the game after all).

Personally I don't like autoplay (I guess the designer didn't either!) but we'll certainly take opinions into account for future versions.

rubbergenius said:
Whether you want autoplay or not (and yes, both viewpoints aare duly noted) it isn't in this version and could not be implemented by a patch. Some don't care for it, some do - it's a contentious feature that's for sure.

I guess the reason we didn't include it was simply because we wanted to make the bowling fun (and playable) so you didn't have to resort to autoplay. That you wanted to actually bowl (it is half the game after all).

Personally I don't like autoplay (I guess the designer didn't either!) but we'll certainly take opinions into account for future versions.
Rubber, thanks for considering our opinions man! I guess I am not the only person here who is being discouraged to buy this game due to lack of this feature. I personally feel that for a long video game like cricket, autoplay feature is a must. May be when future release of BLC has this feature I will buy it.

Thanks again Rubber for considering our opinions :)

oh no there s no autoplay thts the only feature i loved abt Cricket 2004 anyways guys i have arready made up my mind to buy this game Nothin can change it although i'd love someone to get this feature in. i hav never bowled more thn 2 overs in Cricket 2004. but tht was crick 2004 this is blic 2005 n if the bowlingcan keep me hooked i would hav never used autoplay anyways rubbergen plz get this feature next year and also online feature i wanna whip everyones a*s

rahulk666 said:
Rubber, thanks for considering our opinions man! I guess I am not the only person here who is being discouraged to buy this game due to lack of this feature. I personally feel that for a long video game like cricket, autoplay feature is a must. May be when future release of BLC has this feature I will buy it.

Thanks again Rubber for considering our opinions :)

I can't see how this would discourage people from buying the game though (on a personal level) - cricket is a team sport of batting AND bowling so both must be included entirely IMO.

Hope you reconsider your decision based on the fact it's a good game with gameplay that's been lauded on these forums, rather than discounting it because you have to get more involved in the game than you previously thought. But it's your decision of course!

(just thought, you wouldn't get a bloke from EA saying this... ;) )

las_faiz said:
oh no there s no autoplay thts the only feature i loved abt Cricket 2004

are you kidding me????? :eek: i did autoplay sometimes in the 30th over of the test match till about 50 usually, thats the most dull period for me! and the way I see it cricket 2005 has improved its bowling, and blic 2005 has a totally immersive bowling segment, which by the likes and the reviews seems to be alot of fun!

bhail256 said:
are you kidding me????? :eek: i did autoplay sometimes in the 30th over of the test match till about 50 usually, thats the most dull period for me! and the way I see it cricket 2005 has improved its bowling, and blic 2005 has a totally immersive bowling segment, which by the likes and the reviews seems to be alot of fun!

There isnt going to be an Autoplay whether you like it or not,but as far as I am concerned it will no be changed,

No one will bother If you buy The game or not because 1 must say That It doesn't make a difference If you buy the game or not :D

when you have 1 hour a day of free time, one just might want to bat or bowl or somethingl like that, autpplya helps a lot with that.

dhruvdeepak said:
the reason why i would think anyone would use autoplay is in the middle of a long tour...want to get on to the test match and not play the tour game...

Agree with u 100 % ... this is probably the MOST STUPID move by CodeMasters for BLC 2005 ...

Most of the ppl are gonna get bored if they play a test match (Twenty20 is ok ) . Also not EVERYONE has a lot of free time to play a test match or even a ODi of 50 overs .. when my college starts , i wont have time to play even for even an hour , its impossible to play a test match or even odi match of 50 hours ...

we are paying 1000 Rs for it ... i dont deny the fact that blic is gonna be a very good game ... also wanted to say that if some ppl here like bowling sooooo much , then fine , u bowl for 450 overs !! ... but most of us dont have sooooo much time to bat and bowl , so autoplay was a MUST ...

also before some smartass clown/s say/s "what r saved games for ???" ... u think we will keep saving a game for n times and playing one test match for 1 week ?? sorry but most of us have studies and jobs to do , not to play cricket games all day long !!

u cant FORCE someone to bowl for 100+ overs !! if someone buys it , he can do whatever he wants !! if he wants to play in the nets , only ODi , Twenty20 thats his problem , why u care ?? if he doesnt want to enjoy the game , fine . U enjoy u'r game !! bowl 1000 overs !! ... but most ppl dont have that much time and patience to bat and bowl all day long without autoplay .. also not everyone in the world plays cricket , u think ppl who are buying for having fun will BOTHER to play a FULL TEST MATCH ???

Also i am sure most of u have played EA FIFA 2005 ... tell me how many of u have ALWAYS played a whole 90 minute match EVERYTIME ??? i think that answers why Autoplay should have been a MUST in BLC 2005 ....

Last edited:
andrew_nixon said:
Use save games then!!!!

You keep saying "use Save Games"Andrew?Any other solution besides save games :D

Users who are viewing this thread