Wealeys slider and skills playtest! OP updated with sliders!!

Wealey let me know if you can coax any differing mentalities or run rates out of these batsmen. I don't think this exists at all in 17 and would be nice if you could prove me wrong. Like, "Hey, Haseeb Hameed bats slower than Ben Stokes."

Also what match difficulty are you using? I haven't had a bowled or LBW in anything above Pro

Last edited:
Great stuff @wealey88 - the bowling here is so much better than 14.

My only criticism at this point and this is after a few games else where is the AI love to get themselves out with a chip to the outfield. ( however have a theory on this)

Also blocks and leaves are there but very hard to consistently make it happen.

Also same for front foot plays and misses.

It's not that they rnt there you just have to be extremely consistent. Which actually isn't a bad thing!

I have another 30 overs of gameplay coming up later to post.

Pakistan are well on top. You can definitely tell the seamers have gone flat with the old ball!

Ok so I can't post gameplay till I'm home but what I can see is the following....

I have either had very genuine dismissals in my tests or the AI give it away.

Now a flick off the bads that goes like a bullet to square leg and is caught is fine. That happens in test cricket and it's a genuine shot.

The wickets I hate are the little lobs up to the infielders where the AI have tried to smash it and got it all wrong in the morning session of day 1 ha.

However my theory on this is, that the better you bowl the more respect the AI gives you resulting in genuine shots, defences and leaves.

As soon as you execute a poorly timed jump/delivery it seems to trigger this I'm going to dispatch you mentality from the AI. Which is theory is correct.

However this is when we get the silly shots that result in a wicket which kind of contradicts what it should do.

So with that being said. In this test I'm playing on veteran but with bowling difficulty to easy.

I can time it just fine on hard and it's not a case of needing easy but what it does give you is a bit more of a forgiving window of realease which reduces this trigger for the AI to do something rash.

If you look at YouTube videos of people playing and getting people caught in the outfield of you look carefully you can see that 8/10 the ball bowled is poorly executed.

So for this test it's Veteran/Easy Bowling.

I will post sliders later - one thing id like to know and if anyone does please chip in, the difference between Ball Bounce and Pitch Bounce.

@SnowyCasanova
@Fissionmailed @blockerdave @funnyadit @TheLef

I think the best way to view ball and pitch bounce are by thinking of them as different pitch/balls types, e.g. A lower pitch bounce rating will act like very thick grass, but a very high one will act like concrete. Similarly, a lower ball bounce rating will mean the ball will act like a ball that doesn't bounce well - a hockey ball for exampe, whereas with a high ball bounce rating it'll act like a bouncy ball. Very oversimplified, but I think it makes sense!

I think the best way to view ball and pitch bounce are by thinking of them as different pitch/balls types, e.g. A lower pitch bounce rating will act like very thick grass, but a very high one will act like concrete. Similarly, a lower ball bounce ratinh will mean the ball will act like a ball that doesn't bounce well - a hockey ball for exampe, whereas with a high ball bounce rating it'll act like a bouncy ball.

Yeah tying to find the balance between the two!

Ok so I can't post gameplay till I'm home but what I can see is the following....

I have either had very genuine dismissals in my tests or the AI give it away.

Now a flick off the bads that goes like a bullet to square leg and is caught is fine. That happens in test cricket and it's a genuine shot.

The wickets I hate are the little lobs up to the infielders where the AI have tried to smash it and got it all wrong in the morning session of day 1 ha.

However my theory on this is, that the better you bowl the more respect the AI gives you resulting in genuine shots, defences and leaves.

As soon as you execute a poorly timed jump/delivery it seems to trigger this I'm going to dispatch you mentality from the AI. Which is theory is correct.

However this is when we get the silly shots that result in a wicket which kind of contradicts what it should do.

So with that being said. In this test I'm playing on veteran but with bowling difficulty to easy.

I can time it just fine on hard and it's not a case of needing easy but what it does give you is a bit more of a forgiving window of realease which reduces this trigger for the AI to do something rash.

If you look at YouTube videos of people playing and getting people caught in the outfield of you look carefully you can see that 8/10 the ball bowled is poorly executed.

So for this test it's Veteran/Easy Bowling.

I will post sliders later - one thing id like to know and if anyone does please chip in, the difference between Ball Bounce and Pitch Bounce.

@SnowyCasanova
@Fissionmailed @blockerdave @funnyadit @TheLef

You are exactly right Wealey and this has been the same for me.

You are exactly right Wealey and this has been the same for me.
In all fairness the auto save is a god send, mainly as if you can be bothered you can restart from the previous over if you don't want those 'cheap wickets'

Is there anything anyone wants me to test after this test match!?

you using sliders or its defult >

Few tweaks mate![DOUBLEPOST=1482312685][/DOUBLEPOST]
Which teams are you using? Default out of the box or downloaded from academy? Also, which difficulty levels are you playing at and it would be great if you can list the slider settings.

Caspers England and @Llewelynf Pakistan mate. Can't express how appreciative I am of the guys that put in the hard work.

One thing I know for sure is my spin bounce is set to 1 and it's still bouncing over the top of the stumps.

Is a Hard pitch tbf and I have increased ball bounce and pitch bounce.

Has anyone noticed if you don't skip the cut scene, the bowlers stats for the current match come up on the screen!

Love that shizzle

Sorry to hijack the thread (!) but I've just finished a test match and I was very surprised at just how engaged I was by it. I was a Dream XI against NZ and set it to amateur and medium for both batting and bowling (yes, I'm that bad!) just to get myself back into the swing of things. I smashed 430 odd in my first innings then skittled them for not much more than a hundred. In second my second innings I just tried to smash it and was all out for 190, setting them 500+ to win. Obviously I thought it'd be easy...I won by about 50 runs! I was glued to the game and had genuine fear of losing! No idea how they scored 470 against a bowling line-up of Allan Donald, Curtly Ambrose, Shane Warne and Saeed Ajmal, but bloody hell it was close.

I tend to bowl spinners in tandem and reduce the pitch and ball bounce as I was having a lot of LBW's turned down due to height. Pitch and ball friction = way more turn in my experience. I honestly cannot gey enough of the sliders!

Anyway...keep the vids coming - they are well put together and entertaining!

The pitch 100% has an impact.

I've experienced vastly different levels of bounce dependent on the pitch type.

And this is really interesting Wealey, keep it up.

Couldnt agree more. I've really noticed a difference when batting with both weather and pitch type. Number of times I've edged or missed completely when playing what seems like the right shot only to see on replay that the ball swung or did something off the pitch has been really heartening actually (once I've got over the annoyance!)

Sorry to hijack the thread (!) but I've just finished a test match and I was very surprised at just how engaged I was by it. I was a Dream XI against NZ and set it to amateur and medium for both batting and bowling (yes, I'm that bad!) just to get myself back into the swing of things. I smashed 430 odd in my first innings then skittled them for not much more than a hundred. In second my second innings I just tried to smash it and was all out for 190, setting them 500+ to win. Obviously I thought it'd be easy...I won by about 50 runs! I was glued to the game and had genuine fear of losing! No idea how they scored 470 against a bowling line-up of Allan Donald, Curtly Ambrose, Shane Warne and Saeed Ajmal, but bloody hell it was close.

I tend to bowl spinners in tandem and reduce the pitch and ball bounce as I was having a lot of LBW's turned down due to height. Pitch and ball friction = way more turn in my experience. I honestly cannot gey enough of the sliders!

Anyway...keep the vids coming - they are well put together and entertaining!

Interesting to see even on amateur the AI do bat better when faced with a scenario or score!

Users who are viewing this thread