West Indies in New Zealand

Who will win the ODI series and Test Series?

• New Zealand win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • New Zealand win ODI series, West Indies win Test Series

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • West Indies win ODI series, New Zealand win Test Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Indies win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • West Indies win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • New Zealand win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New Zealand are in front with 116 runs. But I would say the match is still very balanced. We could see already a result tomorrow.

I very much doubt it. An average of 12 wickets have fallen on the first 2 days and the pitch is getting a bit better. It will be over sometime after lumch on day 4 in my opinion.

BCL-400 said:
Agreed Vincent should be in, he's a top player. Windies have their noses infront at the moment. But fear not new Zealand fans, they are a bowler short and will have to bowl out NZ with effectively 2 bowlers, with Smitty to back them up, and some gayle spinners. They are going to have to bowl mighty well. Something tells me Lara and his gang are going to be chasing around 350 to win.

Um I doubt 350, however, they dropped Fleming and that can be veryyyy costly! Interesting 3rd day ahead...

why chanderpaul is captain really does puzzle me.

ANyway, would anyone happen to know where i could find some highlights of this match.. Ive tried searching but have had no luck whatsoever.

Thanks.

Chanderpaul is the worst captain in cricket at the moment. I have to say.

There arn't much highlights of the match. Its been pretty boring, too many wickets falling and no decent partnerships. I am not a big fan of the Eden Park pitches.

We should of had a test down here. :/

I am still annoyed about the top order and I hope its changed for the next match.

aussie1st said:
I haven't heard many Kiwi fans saying they want Vincent in their side. Theres a first for everything I guess. :) I agree though he should definitely be in the test side. Marshall should have stayed at 3 as thats where he did well against Aus.

I definatly want Vincent in. That latest 100 should of sealed the deal. That was a fantastic innings.

And yeah, we look in trouble, but this time I bck us to make 300+ which means mabee a 350 lead. WI have very little chance chasing that down on this pitch. Its bad enough now.

If we don't make the 300 mark, I will be very annoyed. Something is saying to me that Fleming is going to dig in hard and get a big score. Hes been quiet for a wee while now.

yeh i think thats a fair call on chanderpaul...when the windies toured australia he was fairly uninspiring as a leader.

Fleming is gone for 33 runs. New Zealand need again some runs from Astle.

Boy do the kiwis suck in test matches. Looks like yet another loss is coming cause the pitch should have settled down by now. They are just like the Cats in rugby, they play one good half of cricket and then fall apart in the second inns. Lets see if their bowling can get them out of this mess. Vettori is still there so there is hope for the Black Caps.

Didn't know what you were talking about till I saw the scorecard. Already two wickets fallen since I last checked.

They lead with 171 runs now, but it's a question if even 200-230 runs will be enough.

It could be as the first 5 wickets were by the quicks. It will take something special from Bond to get them home. But Vettori is more than capable of making a 100 so to McCullum.

Vettori was dropped by Ramdin on 4. That could prove to be very costly. We will have to wait and see.

We don't 'suck'. Look, we have Marshall, first test opening, How debut, Fulton debut. Its just a poor top three choice at the moment. Two of the top 3 on debut is never a good idea. Especially when we have Vincent sitting at home twiddling his thumbs.

I blame the pitch, no batsman has looked comfortable with it.

But anyway, we havn't played a test for mabee a year against decent opposition. Zimbabwe doesn't count, they were pushovers. We need time to get back into the mode. Oram is back playing domestic today so hopefully he comes through that well and mabee plays the second and or third test.

McCullum unfortonatly ran Astle out :( after Astle was putting in some hard work. Fleming was unlucky, he got a random delivery which actually moved. He looked fantastic though. Styris played a stupid, unnecessary shot in one day mode still. THe top three are inexperianced. Hows silly shot annoyed me the most.

But really, the west indies have actually bowled very very well. Bradshaw has bowled over 25 overs I think and has been accurate and stuff. Edwards had improved. Unfortonatly Taylor got injured and not using him in a short innings game is a good thing as hes not particularly needed and he would be the one out of the bowling attack who you would expect to bowl the most poor balls and be the least threatening.

I only think we need about 250 to defend with Bong and Vettori on this pitch. Gayle is getting some turn now (mabee due to two of the West Indian bowlers who have been running on he pitch, both with official warnings) so thats good signs.

Last edited:
Well when you compare their test team to their ODI one you get where I am coming from. Its a known fact that the Kiwis don't perform as well in the test arena. They are brillant in the ODI arena but when the test comes around the team just can't get the job done. They have a few good results but mostly at home and mostly draws. Not many wins.

^I think that is because of their Bowling. Its Far too weak except for few exeptions (Vettori and Bond) but those 2 can't be on the whole day and certainly can't be expected to get 20 wickets.

West Indies are well and truely paying for dropping Vettori. He could well score a 100 from here and put the game back in NZ favour. Chasing anything above 300 will be tough.

Users who are viewing this thread