West Indies in New Zealand

Who will win the ODI series and Test Series?

• New Zealand win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • New Zealand win ODI series, West Indies win Test Series

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • West Indies win ODI series, New Zealand win Test Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Indies win both ODI series and Test Series

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • West Indies win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • New Zealand win ODI series and Draw test series

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Windies are beginning to choke under the pressure here, Bond bowling very well. Fleming must love having Bond at his disposal after years of ineffective pace bowling from the support. Out of curiosity, how was Bond's delivery that dismissed Lara?

ah the good ol' windies we've become used to are back!
sorry jim cant help ya with that one.

I only glimpsed it as I walked into the room, but it looked like a length ball on leg that held its line and clipped the top of leg stump when Lara failed to glance it.
Ramdin should be shot. He has been sweeping poorly ever since he got in.

What so Lara's once again been undone with the famous shuffle? Chanderpaul has been a worry, although the Windies never really taste success, his inability to inspire the team through lack of individual performance is really hurting his team this lately, as was seen with Smith on the 2005/06 of Australia.

Thats the Bond I was talking about. He has ripped through the Windies when it looked like this would be a 10 wicket win. Windies 246/8 needing 45 runs. Wheres Graeme Smith cause this is what you call a choke if the Windies lose this one.

OMG...what a great stuff by BOND! There is no wayy West Indies can win this one now. West Indies had a chance here to win this one after the partnership between Ganga and Gayle. Excellent fast bowling!

The game changed as soon as Sarwan got smacked on the head by Bond. It just went downhill from there.

Wow, Bond is amazing. Thats twice, his first ball to Lara each time and hes won. Bond is the best bowler in the world at the moment. I don't care what you all say. Good to see Astle chip in. He is a really really handy bowler.

I was also heavily impressed by Flemings captaincy today. Our catching was also magnificant. Very entertaining day of cricket. The West Indies have blown this a little. I would back us to win it from here. Its gonna be a close one.

That clip with Fleming vs Richardson is hillarious. When was it? I missed it live lol. Its soo true.

jdbais said:
The game changed as soon as Sarwan got smacked on the head by Bond. It just went downhill from there.

Yeah, about time we struck someone, Astle, Styris and co have been being hit all series. I was excited to see Sarwan cop one.

i wouldnt say he's THE best...but Bond is certainly a fine bowler, defiantely worthy of a place in the ICC top ten. I think he's already in the ODI top ten but not sure bout tests.

anyway, tomorrow should be interesting...whether Bradshaw can guide windies home or NZ wrap it up.

He can bowl above 150kmph but he holds that back. He proved it against Australia in an ODI this year. He bowled a couple a little over.

His normal speeds have ranged really, mid 140's usually. I think his fastest this test has been 148k. For his pace, his accuracy and control is amazing. Also he manages to get very very good swing.

Last edited:
Pretty good effort I must say, made me turn on my TV.:p

irottev said:
He can bowl above 150kmph but he holds that back. He proved it against Australia in an ODI this year. He bowled a couple a little over.

His normal speeds have ranged really, mid 140's usually. I think his fastest this test has been 148k. For his pace, his accuracy and control is amazing. Also he manages to get very very good swing.
Its actually the swing and late-dip he gets which kills.

That's the series for the windies. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, the usual, and 3-0 whitewash ahead. No faith nor confidence in this team.. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread