West Indies tour of Australia Dec 2015-Jan 2016

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
it's not so much that they are bad (because they really, really are), but that they just have no interest in playing test cricket. i am starting to fail to see the point of them remaining a test team. just let them play t20s. that is clearly all they are interested in anyway.

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
it's not so much that they are bad (because they really, really are), but that they just have no interest in playing test cricket. i am starting to fail to see the point of them remaining a test team. just let them play t20s. that is clearly all they are interested in anyway.

Not really. The star windies players like Gayle, Bravo, Rampaul, Narine, Pollard, Simmons all would play tests. Only T20 star who said he doesn't wasn't Andre Russell because of a similar knee issue to Malinga

Plus you got guys like Fidel Edwards & Chesney Hughes who did well in county cricket this season for Hampshire & Derbyshire who should have been on this tour. Arguably even Chanderpaul.

The elephant in the room why they are not playing is idiot selection (of course now Narine is his action issues) is the new MOU/CBA pay structure for tests which saw them walk of the India tour last year.

The WICB/WIPA disgracefully cut they pay for test cricket to 70% - 80 % (US17000 to US5000) - if that happen to any other team in the game in such a manner you would see similar senior/star player revolt.

All of this is why the CARICOM governments have called for a interim body like what is running Sri Lanka cricket to take over WICB - so fix key issues like this.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
*My usual post about how pathetic channel 9 commentary team is *

Man it is so painful to watch this WI team play.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Sodium ? I saw no events put up for the AUSvWI series...
I have created one. Aus vs WI - 1st Test which is on progress so status is awaiting settlement.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
WI is one of the best T20 sides in the world. I would personally appreciate their sporting spirit rather throwing criticism stones from the bag of injustice.

Actually, it is not the mistake of players. They were the best when they toured India last time. BCCI's salary policy was the turning point when they decided to move off without continuing the remaining tour matches.

This has been going on for 2 years now and I see there is no hope of seeing that WI side which was playing brilliantly in the past decade.

A side which was at the top of ranking table, is now struggling to get to top 10 list. They have been replaced by Bangladesh. This seems to be the end of WI cricket. Nothing effects the WI board until they are taken off from ICC Cricket Events.

stefan

International Coach
Got to really question whether West Indies belong in test cricket with the sides they are picking and the performances.

PokerAce

Banned
I think WI will win a series when India tour there next year ... or will they? ;)

Was watching the highlights and gotta admire Darren Bravo ... the closest things there is to Brian Lara now.

Haynes123

Club Captain
this west indian team is an absolute disgrace, Jerome taylor and kemar roach, marlon samuels, denesh ramdin, all senior players, no backbone, no guts, the wicb is blamed all the time, but th players are spineless as well

Abhil

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
The full list of ICC Award 2015 winners is:

ICC Cricketer of the Year (Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy) - Steve Smith (Australia)
ICC Test Cricketer of the Year – Steve Smith (Australia)
ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year – AB de Villiers (South Africa)
ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year – Meg Lanning (Australia)
ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Year – Stafanie Taylor (West Indies)
ICC T20I Performance of the Year – Faf du Plessis (South Africa) (119, 56 balls, 11x4, 5x6 – 2nd T20I vs West Indies, 11 January 2015, Johannesburg)
ICC Emerging Cricketer of the Year – Josh Hazlewood (Australia)
ICC Associate/Affiliate Cricketer of the Year – Khurram Khan (UAE)
ICC Spirit of Cricket Award – Brendon McCullum (New Zealand)
ICC Umpire of the Year (David Shepherd Trophy) – Richard Kettleborough

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Unpopular opinion but West Indies should give up/should be stripped of its test status, along with Zimbabwe. Why not give Ireland and Afghanistan (who are actually interested in the format and have some promising talent coming up) a chance? Let them play test cricket for a couple of years while WI and Zimbabwe compete against the associates and at the end of the term, a 4 team league comprising of the two best associates(WI and Zimbabwe included) and the two worst test sides shall decide the 2 teams who get test status for the next cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread