• Broadband

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • Dial up

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Go to Cyber cafe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
duffarama said:
The computers do not have to be close to each other mate.
They do...hence Local Area Network. This means that the computers are geographically in the same location. Doesn't have to be in the same room, but it is usually confined to a building or a certain location. Unlike Wide Area Network which can be over two different countries, continents, etc.

Your house has a WLAN--the computers are close to each other. They are in different rooms/floors.

I applied about 20 days ago for an MTNL "Broadband" 256 kbps connection. If they ever install it, I've heard that it's slower than dial-up. :S At least I can download through the night, I guess.

sohummisra said:
They do...hence Local Area Network. This means that the computers are geographically in the same location. Doesn't have to be in the same room, but it is usually confined to a building or a certain location.
Well I took it that you meant 'far away from each other' like in another room. Sorry mate. ;)

vibs89 said:
That sucks per hour charge. I pay $65 per month and that too Unlimited.

I dont know abt other countries but its per hour charge here.

Have a look at this calculation
$0.05/hr means if i use it 24hrs a day then it makes $1.2/day. So in 30days(1 month) it makes $36.
So i can say that its $36/month unlimited.

duffarama said:
Well I took it that you meant 'far away from each other' like in another room. Sorry mate.
Yeah, computers can get lonely, too.

sohummisra said:
They do...hence Local Area Network. This means that the computers are geographically in the same location. Doesn't have to be in the same room, but it is usually confined to a building or a certain location. Unlike Wide Area Network which can be over two different countries, continents, etc.

Your house has a WLAN--the computers are close to each other. They are in different rooms/floors.

Haha, someone actually gave me negative reps on this post. :p Strange though that my points went up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread