What Was The Last Thing/s You Bought? Thread

got a netbook today, Toshiba mini NB505, Intel Atom, 1 gb DDr ram, 250 gb HD.

Best part is that it has a good quality mic, so I'll just record my lectures.

Recording lectures will probably use up quite a bit of battery, and it's not really that productive. It means you have to listen to it twice really. I'd record it but at the same time write notes, and use the recordings if you forget something or want to check it.

Recording lectures will probably use up quite a bit of battery, and it's not really that productive. It means you have to listen to it twice really. I'd record it but at the same time write notes, and use the recordings if you forget something or want to check it.

How many/what proportion of the Auckland Uni ones are online?

I should probably start getting my courses and student loan sorted etc, as it's only like one month away.

What are you doing at uni? It depends on the subject really. All my commerce ones apart from Management were recorded, and none of my law ones were

What are you doing at uni? It depends on the subject really. All my commerce ones apart from Management were recorded, and none of my law ones were

Science/Commerce conjoint, I'm not really sure on my majors yet, probably stats/finance.

----------

I was thinking about engineering, but I didn't meet the minimum requirements, as you need 18 credits from Physics, but since I failed one of my papers I only got 15.

Depending on what science lectures you take, some of them will be recorded. If your lectures are in the commerce building they probably will be recorded.

This year the commerce set up is slightly different so I'm not sure if the papers are recorded... You have business 101 and business 102 now or something don't you? Those will probably be recorded... not sure if Comlaw is or not because I didn't have to take it.

Have you chosen your papers yet? It's good to get in early so you can get the streams you want, and have as little breaks as possible. This conversation should probably be moved to a different thread....

Have you chosen your papers yet? It's good to get in early so you can get the streams you want, and have as little breaks as possible.

Na, I haven't yet. I'll probably look into it tonight/tomorrow.

I'm not really sure how to word this, but with a conjoint, when you accept it etc, does it say what courses you should take in your first year, or do you have to go into the uni and ask someone about it?

I'm assuming because it's combining two full degrees into a shorter time period, there's some courses from the two degrees by themselves that I don't need to take, so it probably wouldn't be wise to look at them separately, hence why I'm wondering if there's a place where it just looks at the courses I need for the conjoint, if you get what I mean.

I'm asking you, as IIRC you're doing a law/com one.

just now i have bought reliance net connect broadband+:)

Dude, esky it! Like freeze heaps and take it away with you, and then keep refreshing whenever you catch up with her. That's what all my mates have done.

That's what we do for my sis. Just like send her food every other since we live only an hour away. BUT my parents are thinking about moving back to India, so...yeah. I think i'm going to mooch off my friends' moms.

345 bucks worth of textbooks but some great keepers for the personal library.

Copy of Origin of Species in the house, will be nice to scare the Mormons away with on Saturday mornings. I might just tape it to the door.

There were some random people on the streets at uni giving away copies of the Origin of Species :/ They had boxes full of it.

haha that's awesome

we get a lot of crazy Bible preachers at my campus, they have to stay on the edges of campus though so its easy to avoid their hellfire and brimstone sermons.

Lots of student christian groups though, and they try to bribe you with Candy and snow cones...........for your soul muahahahaha

Got a Masuri helmet today. Ripped me $180!

I paid $1 for mine. My friend bought a new helmet and offered him a buck for his old one. Good quality Grey Nicolls one.

I preordered Test Drive Unlimited 2 on MightyApe. Boy that is a good site.

Users who are viewing this thread