What Was The Last Thing/s You Bought? Thread

It's good for some things, but the prices are still pretty high on there

Last thing I bought? This:

51XCWld4fuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's great! As someone who's never used a wheel before to play a racing game, I'm amazed at how much more fun it is with a wheel. :)

I'm also getting a new desk soon from Argos - I hope the wheel's clamp mechanism doesn't get in the way of the keyboard tray. That's the problem with Argos, you can't see flat packed stuff fully built. Still, they've got a 30 day no quibble pick up and return service, so I've got that to fall back on if necessary. I doubt if a keyboard tray itself is strong enough to mount a steering wheel on. ;)

And here's the desk - got rid of that tiny keyboard tray and had a deeper one made with wood from old desk. :)

164-6179571A72UC591495X.jpg

/\ That's pretty nice :thumbs I just bought 2 huge crates of Maryland cookies :D Should sastisfy my sugar need for a few weeks..."should" :spy

I hope you got the HD box and not the simple one.
Obviously, it's HD. But I will recieve it tomorrow which I really hate. I have received LCD yesterday but they are just delaying the Airtel Digital TV even though it has been activated. After a long chat with them, they have agreed to give it tomorrow even though it's Sunday :thumbs

PES 2011 and this:

51rKf10GO9L._SS500_.jpg

Just mad at myself for not realizing there was a slight damage around the book. :facepalm

Obviously, it's HD. But I will recieve it tomorrow which I really hate. I have received LCD yesterday but they are just delaying the Airtel Digital TV even though it has been activated. After a long chat with them, they have agreed to give it tomorrow even though it's Sunday :thumbs
Cool. And do get the Ultra pack, it's the best option. Don't go for the other packages, you won't be satisfied with them. And yeah, Rs. 165 extra are charged for ESPN and Star Cricket HD (Channel #223) but it's worth the price given the picture and sound quality. Also, no advertisements during the matches. :D

Cool. And do get the Ultra pack, it's the best option. Don't go for the other packages, you won't be satisfied with them. And yeah, Rs. 165 extra are charged for ESPN and Star Cricket HD (Channel #223) but it's worth the price given the picture and sound quality. Also, no advertisements during the matches.
Well we are getting Economy sports packs (value, value sports, economy, economy sports) absolutely free for 3 months. So I don't think I need any extra pack. Tomorrow when the Airtel Digital TV person will come to install it, we will ask him about ESPN HD and if it's isn't available already then we will buy it.

Edit- Just did some research, it looks ESPN HD channel will be available already with Economy sports pack. Let's hope for the best :thumbs

BTW to record a match, we need to buy extra Airtel Digital TV recorder or it is in built?

Last edited:
Just did some research, it looks ESPN HD channel will be available already with Economy sports pack. Let's hope for the best
No, ESPN HD won't come with the Economy pack, even the Ultra pack users have to pay for it. But as I said earlier, the price is worth it. :)

BTW to record a match, we need to buy extra Airtel Digital TV recorder or it is in built?
I guess you have just a HD box, so you won't be able to. I have the Recorder and am pretty satisfied with it. What you can do is that if you have to TVs at home, you can get a recorder (just the STB, not one more dish) and connect it to the other TV. The purchase price just for the STB will be less and even the plans (monthly or early) will be charged less on the second STB. In short, you'll be able to use both the STBs with the same dish. Connect the Recorder to the other TV with the HDMI wire and you get the same clarity that you get in the HD box.

No, ESPN HD won't come with the Economy pack, even the Ultra pack users have to pay for it. But as I said earlier, the price is worth it.
Just got the STB installed and all the HD channels are included already in the economy sports pack for 3 months subscription. Loving the match experience. Awesome! :D

Just got the STB installed and all the HD channels are included already in the economy sports pack for 3 months subscription. Loving the match experience. Awesome! :D
Cool. I guess ESPN HD has been given complimentary to the people who buy Bravia and get the SD box of Airtel. NGC HD will always remain free for everyone.

Rest of the channels are SD but their quality isn't bad at all. Airtel will probably shift to SES7 next month and increase the quality of the SD channels considerably.

Users who are viewing this thread