What will your career player be?

What Number Will You Bat?

• Total voters

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is exactly what I would like to be, especially because that's my position and style for both batting and bowling for my local club team. Although playing in the 2nd division in France is a fair way away from becoming a Kallis.

Et c'est bon de jouer le cricket en France? C'est pas trop facile?

WillHop

School Cricketer
Professional off spinner/grenade thrower and bat well enough to go in at 7 or 8 and smash it around but not good enough to be a top order batsmen

Ishaan k

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
so excited

my player is going to be a battting allrounder a jaques kallis kind of player excited to try out this game

Sue Ridgepipe

Banned
My player is going to follow my own cricketing career:

Start off as a tearaway right handed fast/medium bowler opening the bowling and a very defensive number 8/9 who values his wicket. Then as he gets older and his feet and shoulders get sore, he knuckles down on becoming a defensively minded opening batsman playing lower grades, and gives bowling up altogether.

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
It all depends on how interesting bowling is in the game. I am unfortunately one of those guys who found bowling very repetitive and boring in AC09/IC10. I'll be choosing between a pace bowling allrounder or a spinning batting allrounder.

bumbisoft

International Coach
Fast bowling all-rounder. Come in 1st change and contain teams with the occasional wicket. Batting- No 7 or 8 and smash the ball around. Will bat with tail if needed. Can hold out in a test match.

D

Dutch

Can we choose an existing player for a career? like in fifa...?

Well you just choose whoever you want to be from the 1000 s of players available online.....all the famous names are in there. Or you can create your own in the editor.....bringing this thread a bit back on topic....who would you choose to be?

arjwiz

Associate Captain
You live in France and you play cricket :eek: . You sir already are Kallis.

Lol I should have seen it coming!

Et c'est bon de jouer le cricket en France? C'est pas trop facile?

There's a lot of British and Sri Lankan expats in Paris so I get my fair share of decent cricket. We have a few pitches here. I play with some people from the team that runs France Cricket and sometimes for the British Embassy (even though I'm Indian, go figure). The season ends before the summer and I'm playing my first game of the new season on Monday.

Anyway, now that I think about it, for my career mode, I'll probably like to be a Kallis-type player in France (if the game allows for downloaded domestic leagues in associate nations).

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I shall be a middle order batsman as I don't really like the thought of facing the new ball. I'm more of a dibby dabby type player who looks to pick up quick singles and manipulate the field rather than go for the more expansive, rewarding shots. My concentration is pretty good too, allowing me to bat for a long amount of time.

Boy I can't wait for this game, especially career mode :)

The_Pharoah

International Coach
My player is going to follow my own cricketing career:

Start off as a tearaway right handed fast/medium bowler opening the bowling and a very defensive number 8/9 who values his wicket. Then as he gets older and his feet and shoulders get sore, he knuckles down on becoming a defensively minded opening batsman playing lower grades, and gives bowling up altogether.

lol story of my RL cricketing career...but in reverse. Started out as #4 batsman, then moved to open as I was more defensive, and just bowled in the nets...hand/eye eventually left me and I moved down the order but my bowling got better (RH Medium with LOTS of swing) to the point where I opened the bowling! lol.

broheim123

School Cricketer
A steven croft big hitter comes in around 4 5 6 and part time offspinner

Skatie

Club Captain
Which country will your player play for?

Just wondering what country everybody will be playing for in the career mode? I will be playing for Australia then i might start my second career as someone like Scotland.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread