Where is Freddi??

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Man I have not seen him on International Cricket for long? BTW did he play agianst Sri Lanka?

He's Dead..Well pretty much..His Ankles are truels Screwed and may aswell just retire or get a new pair of ankes. Not sure if he will make the English Summer.

crap, TBH i did not know that, Thats sad. The best allrounder for England ever.

Naa not really..I didnt rate him as a bastmen..I always thought he was a bowler that had the ability to hit the ball

Well did you watch Champions Trophy 2004?? , also I've watched him alot of times, he can hit you anytime.

He's not out of international cricket yet, he's finally had proper surgery on his ankle, had a piece of bone removed that was sticking into his ankle, causing pain. If rehabilitation goes right, he could be back for the next summer of English test matches, would be great to have him back, team looks a much better unit with him in the side. He's not finished yet.

The highest score of his career at any level is 232 not out for St Anne's (Under 15) Cricket Club against Fulwood and Broughton, he recalls that "it was a 20 -overs-a-side game, played on an artificial wicket, and I remember getting dropped when I'd scored just six. My opening partner David Fielding scored 60 not out and we got 319 for 0 in 20 overs. You don't forget days like that, whatever the standard you're playing in.

Talking about being able to hit a ball

I've always thought of Freddie as a bowling allrounder, I think he prefers to think of himself as a batting allrounder. Personally I think a bowling allrounder is more useful to the team and it's not like he's a mug with the bat is it. When fit, by far, the is the most important and best player for England. We can only hope that this time he really has solved his problem, although I think he may need to alter his action slightly.

I do wonder why English players seem to suffer for so long with problems before going to see one of the world's top surgeons. Surely it can't be down to money, it's not like the ECB is short of a bob or two.

I awlays thought him as an frontline bowler who could finish the innings off. Anyways he will have get that foot straighter otherwise its more surgery for him.

Looks like Micheal Owen in making.

I've always thought of Freddie as a bowling allrounder, I think he prefers to think of himself as a batting allrounder. Personally I think a bowling allrounder is more useful to the team and it's not like he's a mug with the bat is it. When fit, by far, the is the most important and best player for England. We can only hope that this time he really has solved his problem, although I think he may need to alter his action slightly.

I do wonder why English players seem to suffer for so long with problems before going to see one of the world's top surgeons. Surely it can't be down to money, it's not like the ECB is short of a bob or two.

I think there's a problem with the England physio's tbh, England players always seem to be out longer than expected. The real problem is of course the fact we lack a 3/4 month break like most other teams have.

Although i hate to say it i can't see Freddie playing for England ever again, hope he proves me wrong though.

He may never get through a test match again. He can play in ODIs though, which is where we need him most.

He may never get through a test match again. He can play in ODIs though, which is where we need him most.

Hmm...At the moment we could use him for test matches since we seem a bit short with only 4 bowlers and especially one who can bowl 89MPH like he can. I don't see this ankle trouble going away unless he changes that foot postion which Donald found out. If not, he won't be playing for very long and he may have to retire. It would be a big loss because despite the pain he gets he still able to bowl well at simliar pace. It does effect his batting since I don't thing he can balance properly on that ankle.

Users who are viewing this thread