Where is Freddi??

Talking about being able to hit a ball

Don Bradman

In 1931, while playing at Blackheath in the Blue Mountains, he hit 100 runs in three eight-ball overs. That is amazing. But he did not need all 24 balls; he scored a century off only 22 balls. Bradman was born in 1908 and when World War II commenced in 1939 he was at the height of his career. He played only 23 test innings after World War II. In 1946 he averaged 97.14; in 1947-48 in India he averaged 178 and in England in the 1948 series he averaged 72.57.

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/PARLMENT/hansArt.nsf/V3Key/LA20010228040

Over 1: 66424461
Over 2: 64466464
Over 3: *661*446 -*= singles scored by his partner, Wendell Bill

He he.

Anyway, back on Freddy. I hope he comes back. He's a great player, and seems a great guy. (Edgbaston 05 is a great example)
Although he can get in trouble, he's still a great player when fit. All the best to him.

Yes i do, I finished watching all my Cricket DVDS also i read many cricket books. But I never had a chance to buy Ian Botham DVD. :(

If you don't know who Ian Botham is then you've been reading the wrong books. He was/is an absolute giant of the game.

As i said I never watched him, I was reading about him on wiki the other day.

Flintoff is a bowler who can sometimes bat...but then I think we only saw a couple of seasons of good bowling from him anyway...he's a guy who was getting good at bowling who can sometimes bat. Sort of pumped him up way too much after 2005 - there are quite a few all rounders in the game today better than Flintoff, but few are as important to their team as Flintoff.

Name 3 better allrounders better then Freddi todays world.

Name 3 better allrounders better then Freddi todays world.

Sorry to be picky, but does the 'e' key not work for you? Flintoff's nickname is Freddie, not Freddi.

Kallis, Pollock, Afridi

Agree with Kallis, but Pollock and Afridi are laughable. Pollock was great 2-3 years ago, seems to get hit around a fair bit now with the ball, and isnt great with the bat. Afridi is meh in both areas, nothing special with the ball and bat. Kallis is better, but i dont think there are many others better.

Although i'm sure we'll get a few Aussies campaigning for Watson :p

I used to under-estimate Pollock but he is a good bowling allrounder, just recently he made a 100 against Pakistan right?

Pollocks been nothing impressive in the past 2 years in odi's and in a couple of test series. He seems to perform well at home, against teams that dont tend to travel well, India and Pakistan, but away from home he has struggled of late. Here are his averages in Test series in the past 2 years:

Australia away: 8 wickets at 54.37
Australia home: 4 wickets at 66.25
New Zealand at home: 5 wickets at 22.40
Sri Lanka away: 1 wicket at 112.00
India home: 13 wickets at 16.00
Pakistan home: 8 wickets at 23.37

I feel that Pollock is only useful in test matches at home nowadays, he doesnt seem to have it away from home anymore.

The we look at Odi's in the past 2 years, where players have started to really go for him and look to attack the powerplays. Here are his odi series averages:

VB Series Australia: 11 wickets at 20.37
Australia home: 5 wickets at 19.80
Zimbabwe home: 1 wicket at 57.00 (dissapointing)
Champ trophy: 5 wickets at 18.60
India home: 10 wickets at 8.30 (impressive)
Pakistan home: 9 wickets at 18.66 (impressive again)
World Cup: 8 wickets at 37.00 (very dissapointing, and expensive)
Zimbabwe away: 2 wickets at 48.50 (again dissapointing)
Pakistan away: 4 wickets at 43.50

Pollock again seems to struggle away from home, in the past year anyway, which i therefore believe means that he cannot be seen as a successful all-rounder. His batting averages have been impressive, but when you bat down the order it's easier to maintain a good average with not outs, his odi batting average has been dissapointing though, with only 1 series, the afro-asia cup showing real ability with the bat, with 1 hundred and 1 fifty to his name. He can still do a job for South Africa, but with Steyn, Morkel and other young quicks on his tail i think his time is limited, he is a useful squad member in home series though.

Users who are viewing this thread