Where is Freddi??

Steroids dont actually provide any stability to the area they are injected. They pretty much numb the area and make the area almost pain free, this gives the impression that the muscle has been strengthened, but the steroid just masks any inflammation or injury that could occur. Steroids would be a very very bad idea, they're also illegal in the rules of the game, so it would be idiotic for Flintoff to turn to steroids. He just needs time away from the game, just rest the ankle as much as possible, and work on his bowling action with the staff at Lancs and with Ottis Gibson and Peter Moores. Steroids would not be a wise idea what so ever.

I dont consider Gilchrist an all-rounder, and Symond's bowling means he isnt good enough to be considered better than Flintoff. Brett Lee on the other hand is up there, very useful with the bat and a very very good bowler. Only him and Kallis are better in world cricket.

I reckon Gilly's good enough at keeping and at batting to be considered an allrounder. It's killing 2 birds with one stone-just what an allrounder does.

Symonds is a batter, an exemplary fielder, bowls seam up and spin. If that's not an allroudner I don't know what is.

I've never heard someone calling a wicketkeeper "all-rounder" before, looks bad in my eyes.

Symonds is a batter, an exemplary fielder, bowls seam up and spin. If that's not an allroudner I don't know what is.
yes but his bowling is average at best. KP the steroids obviously implausible and the suggestion shouldn't have been taken seriously but they would strengthen the muscle surely because all the guys in WWE look like tanks and a lot of them take them.

No there is a term the wicket keeping all rounder, But the term prefered to use is a wicket keeper batsmen

Wicket-keepers who are also very good batsmen (such as Adam Gilchrist and Mahendra Singh Dhoni) are considered by some to be all-rounders, but the term wicketkeeper-batsman is more commonly used to reserve the term all-rounder for the batting/bowling type.

List of batting all-rounders

* Shahid Afridi (Pakistan)
* Paul Collingwood (England) (ODI)
* Sanath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka)
* Jacques Kallis (South Africa)
* Justin Kemp (South Africa) (ODI)
* Scott Styris (New Zealand)
* Andrew Symonds (Australia) (ODI)
* Jacob Oram (New Zealand) (ODI)

List of bowling all-rounders

* Irfan Pathan (India)
* Dwayne Bravo (West Indies)
* Azhar Mahmood (Pakistan)
* Andrew Flintoff (England)
* Jacob Oram (New Zealand)
* Shaun Pollock (South Africa)
* Chaminda Vaas (Sri Lanka)
* Daniel Vettori (New Zealand)

List of wicketkeeper-batsmen

* Mahendra Singh Dhoni (India)
* Dinesh Karthik (India)
* Adam Gilchrist (Australia)
* Matthew Prior (England)
* Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka)
* Mark Boucher (South Africa)

If im honest most of these players fit the category they have been put in.

This is all taken from Wikipedia

lol shahid Afridi is a bowling Allrounder ! OMG !

add on: also did Abdul Razzaq die?

Last edited:
Well obviously. He's had a lot more success with his bowling than he has his batting. He perfoms once a year at best with the bat whereas he's actually become a very reliable consistant leg spinner for Pakistan.

I know but in the list it says he is a batting all rounder

EDIT: sorry thats what USY meant.

Users who are viewing this thread