Which mobile phone do you use?

blackberry-storm.jpg

Blackberry Storm.

Its fine for what I do but I'll be getting the new Droid for Christmas :)

For Android phone I would say give me a buzz before buying. Right now HTC Desire HD is good option.

HTC - Products - HTC Desire HD - Specification

For Android phone I would say give me a buzz before buying. Right now HTC Desire HD is good option.

HTC - Products - HTC Desire HD - Specification

I guess Mark lives in the US and most of the mobile phone consumers here go for the contract pricing phones that are available from carriers like Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. These carriers have limited variety of phones.

Unless Mark goes for phones outside of the carriers....

Yeah he is in Teaxas and Desire HD is available in AT&T, Verizon and tmobile

SciD added 7 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Scid! Help me brother.. I'm confused between a few phones.
iPhone 4
Blackberry Bold 9700
Blackberry Torch 9800
Android Phones

iPhone 4 is good but very restrictive and I have grown out of Blackberry. Android is in and according to a report Android and Windows OS will be dominant player in next two years.

I have used Symbian, Windows, Blackberry and Android phones and can easily say Android is best among them. Since you are already using HTC so I think a switch to Desire HD won't be difficult for you. This phone scores best among all Android phones in Quadrant benchmarking.

Unfortunately this was what I wanted and it was not available at that time. Will buy it soon though :yes

There is also rumor of a dual core mobile phone with 2Ghz processor with Nvidia Tegra coming up.

I'll be getting it from US in Nov-Dec.
I'm looking doubtful towards the blackberry, considering they are not too fun, and after a while, lose their charm.
I've used the iPhone 4 here, and I must say, it's a beautiful device and quite functional too. If jailbroken, I think it is as good as any android phone, and scores higher on build quality.
Regarding the Androids, Samsung Galaxy S is feature packed and considered one of the best phones around..
I'll have a look at Desire HD, but honestly, I would stay away from HTC because Touch Pro had pathetic battery life, and I wouldn't want to get into that again. I like my phone to have battery by the end of the day, and we can confidently use it without the fear of it dying out by the end of the day, when it is most likely to be needed.

Abhas added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Mark, HTC is a company that makes phones - the hardware
Android is an operating system - the software which runs on the phones.

The Desire HD runs on Android, as does Droid.

Don't worry about battery life in smartphones :p

I will not suggest Galaxy to Desire simple because the price is same and you will get so much more in plate with Desire.

Watch the Google I/O Android video on YouTube to see what Android is capable of and iPhone being Apple product will not do it.

You don't need to convince me to skip the iPhone. I refuse to buy Apple products to begin with

Yeah, for one, I know all application development is taking place either in Android or iPhone formats. Blackberry gets a few productivity apps, and Windows Mobile is dead.

But seriously, I'm a bit finicky about the battery. If it can't last a day, its not good enough.

Abhas added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

You don't need to convince me to skip the iPhone. I
refuse to buy Apple products to begin with

He was trying to convince me :p

Its just a rumor currently but there may be a PSP phone coming out from SE running Gingerbread. But with my experience with X10 I will not recommend SE to anyone.

Its just a rumor currently but there may be a PSP phone coming out from SE running Gingerbread. But with my experience with X10 I will not recommend SE to anyone.

Me neither. X10 is a beautiful blonde chick with no brains

SE is terrible with keeping their phones up-to-date

I absolutely love my iPhone 4 to bits. I like Android too, but the app store blows the Android market out of the water.

For now, but Android apps will easily over take iPhone. There are no restrictions and there are a hell of a lot more free ones.

Apple is great, as long as you are constantly willing to shell out cash.

Users who are viewing this thread