Which mobile phone do you use?

For now, but Android apps will easily over take iPhone. There are no restrictions and there are a hell of a lot more free ones.

Apple is great, as long as you are constantly willing to shell out cash.

The thing is, with restrictions, the App Store is much better than the Android Marketplace. Especially since recently Apple has released some guidelines for App developers. I mean, you've got the likes of Angry Bird and the Real Racing apps which are premier apps. And the whole "shell out cash" thing, I disagree with the way you're putting that across. I wouldn't go into a game shop and pick one up for free, and its the same on the store, for quality, I'll pay.

One thing I don't agree with is the expense of some games once downloaded, the in-app purchases are ridiculous.

In no way do I dislike Android, they do some good things, but when talking about smartphones, anyone who writes Apple off is foolish.

Willow.tv now streams to iOS devices and it is just as good as my computer. Fantastic!! No need for flash anymore!!!

Don't worry about battery life in smartphones :p

I will not suggest Galaxy to Desire simple because the price is same and you will get so much more in plate with Desire.

Watch the Google I/O Android video on YouTube to see what Android is capable of and iPhone being Apple product will not do it.
Oi! How do you back that? :p I researched for AGES before buying the Galaxy S. Just the simple fact of the SUPER AMOLED vs. SLCD/AMOLED blows the Desires out of the water!

I'd take the Galaxy S over any other android smartphone, as of now! Its a beautiful device, and that screen is oh-so-amazing! Its pretty snappy as well, and 3D games are a treat. Moreover, the Galaxy S's GPU blows the GPU in the Snapdragon away, by a margin of almost 200%-300%! Its only a matter of time till more powerful GPU's come out, and we'll see better 3D games on Android, ones which the Snapdragon's wouldn't probably be able to handle.

Regarding the battery life, its not that great, but its decent enough for me. My phone says:

1d 6h 54m since last unplugged
Battery level- 31%

This is with fixed 45% brightness(although the phone's very usable with the least brightness, indoors), and with moderate usage throughout the day. 2-3 songs on the loudspeaker, 10-20mins of 720p video, 15-30 mins of WiFi, and always on EDGE(GPRS), with around an hour of web browsing. Oh and a couple of calls/texts as well.

Willow.tv now streams to iOS devices and it is just as good as my computer. Fantastic!! No need for flash anymore!!!

Yes, Willow.tv made it easy for Apple users with that really cool feature. Most of the online video sites provide apps for Apple users to access the videos on their site via the iPhone/iTouch. No more reason to keep looking for flash in Apple.

How is your GPS going KI? :p

SciD added 1 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Yes, Willow.tv made it easy for Apple users with that really cool feature. Most of the online video sites provide apps for Apple users to access the videos on their site via the iPhone/iTouch. No more reason to keep looking for flash in Apple.

Flash is not all about videos. You can play video without flash any day if the manufacturer have the will. Its more about the flash applications which Apple mobile products will never run.

I think with the huge popularity of the iPhone/iTouch products and their new products which have released this year, more sites will provide different options soon for the lack of flash on Apple devices.

SciD said:
How is your GPS going KI? :p
Its not the best GPS receiver all right, but it does the job just fine. Only once could I not get a lock in, when I was at like 100km/h in the car. Even that issue will be (infact already is, in the BETA firmwares) fixed with the Froyo update.

Evo 4G is the best Android phone by a longshot. That was one i was seriously considering getting before plunging for the iPhone.

Either that or one from the Droid series. Can't go wrong really. Great time to be a consumer, everything is a good product these days.

Unless you are stupid enough to buy a Nokia phone :p

Talk about a company that went from the top of the mountain to the bottom of the valley

Talk about a company that went from the top of the mountain to the bottom of the valley

I think as kids/teens, we all had one! Snake ftw!

Haha who didn't have one. They never got any better though, what a fail

Has this been posted?

Last edited by a moderator:

I still have a Nokia (Xpressmusic 5310) one.:D But planning to switch to HTC or Apple within the next year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread