Which platform will you buy Big Ant Studios Cricket game for?

Which platform will you buy Big Ant Studios Cricket game for?

• PS3

Votes: 81 37.3%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 33 15.2%
  • PC

Votes: 125 57.6%

• Total voters
Most, if not all, console games are actually developed on PC and ported to the consoles so typically there is always a PC version developed for every game.

Didn't knew that. It hurts more now knowing that there could have been a PC version of some of games which I was eagerly wanting to play.

A lot of the PC-specific modding of previous games was to enable features that Bradman 14 already has in Cricket Academy, and that's on consoles too.

I wouldn't get the PC version just for kit mods etc but if there were hacked AI mods for the PC only (not saying we'd necessarily need it) then I'd be very curious.

This is one thing I am really looking forward to. Back during the days when we had EA Sports churn out title after title every year, I was always so excited to see the kind of "mods" that were possible thanks to some of the smart guys here. Infact, I joined this forum (I think the forum was called something else back then) when I had just started playing BLC 99 and learned that there were so many patches or mods for that game that it felt like you were playing a brand new game.

Ross has said they would support the modding community so I am very excited to see the possibilities. AC 09 was pretty poor with respect to modding since the only thing that you could possibly mod were kits, player attributes and some other graphical elements (correct me if I am wrong). I, for one, hope that DBC14 is as moddable (if not more) than EA's Cricket 2007. As we all know from our past experience that single-player mode eventually becomes "boring" because the AI is not smart enough to adapt to your style. DBC14 looks promising and might possibly have the best cricketing-AI ever, but still people will be able to find flaws and it will be challenging only for so long. I certainly hope that it is going to be possible to mod a whole lot in this game (would love to see AI Gameplay patches, Shot Editor, Save Game Editor, Player Editor, Graphics Editor and the likes)

Xbox and PC. Simply because I jump between the two systems and I know atleast on the Xbox it will perform properly.

If this game looks a lot better on PC then it may help my decision to buy a new PC.

I also have Rome Total War 2 to play!

you can call it whatever you like but I just hate xbox so don't wanna use it's controller either . will stick to simple usb PC controller if I'll play it on PC.

you can call it whatever you like but I just hate xbox so don't wanna use it's controller either . will stick to simple usb PC controller if I'll play it on PC.

I actually get what you mean, but about two months ago in preparation for this game I reluctantly bought a xbox wireless controller for the PC. I'm a PS3 guy so never liked the xbox control but bought one and played GTA IV and Ashes 09 among other games with it and you get used to it, better than any other PC controller I've used before especially because its good to go out of the box as its made by microsoft and everything works smoothy. Also they are tough as nails, throw it as the cat/dog/Amazonian Royal Flycatcher* and it doesn't leave a mark(on the controller)

*Glenny134 does not advise throwing your xbox 360 controller at you cat or your dog and especially not your Amazonian Royal Flycatcher. On second thoughts I don't like cats so cats are fine...but yeah not dogs or the amazing Amazonian Royal Flycatcher.

I actually get what you mean, but about two months ago in preparation for this game I reluctantly bought a xbox wireless controller for the PC. I'm a PS3 guy so never liked the xbox control but bought one and played GTA IV and Ashes 09 among other games with it and you get used to it, better than any other PC controller I've used before especially because its good to go out of the box as its made by microsoft and everything works smoothy. Also they are tough as nails, throw it as the cat/dog/Amazonian Royal Flycatcher* and it doesn't leave a mark(on the controller)

*Glenny134 does not advise throwing your xbox 360 controller at you cat or your dog and especially not your Amazonian Royal Flycatcher. On second thoughts I don't like cats so cats are fine...but yeah not dogs or the amazing Amazonian Royal Flycatcher.

and it is my job to make you throw that controller.... for all the right reasons :p

Users who are viewing this thread