Which platform will you buy Big Ant Studios Cricket game for?

Which platform will you buy Big Ant Studios Cricket game for?

• PS3

Votes: 81 37.3%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 33 15.2%
  • PC

Votes: 125 57.6%

• Total voters
I actually get what you mean, but about two months ago in preparation for this game I reluctantly bought a xbox wireless controller for the PC. I'm a PS3 guy so never liked the xbox control but bought one and played GTA IV and Ashes 09 among other games with it and you get used to it, better than any other PC controller I've used before especially because its good to go out of the box as its made by microsoft and everything works smoothy. Also they are tough as nails, throw it as the cat/dog/Amazonian Royal Flycatcher* and it doesn't leave a mark(on the controller)

*Glenny134 does not advise throwing your xbox 360 controller at you cat or your dog and especially not your Amazonian Royal Flycatcher. On second thoughts I don't like cats so cats are fine...but yeah not dogs or the amazing Amazonian Royal Flycatcher.

Hmmm... maybe you're right but right now my main concern is to buy a good LED with HDMI as I've sold my last one (acer 18.5" inch wide) and now I'm left with nothing .... and very tight on budget... :noway

Hmmm... maybe you're right but right now my main concern is to buy a good LED with HDMI as I've sold my last one (acer 18.5" inch wide) and now I'm left with nothing .... and very tight on budget... :noway

Also get what you mean here....I was a bit lucky and won $1000 credit and bought a new screen and the xbox 360 controller at the same time.The wireless xbox 360 controller with receiver for computer was about $100 in NZ(I was going to buy it whether or not I had free money :p ) so it isn't cheap but I highly recommend it as I went from hating it to loving it in about an hour you just get used to it.

i only have xbox 360, but i live in canada. i guess i have to buy it on PC. but my pc is crap and it might not work on it.

my question is why big ant can't make this cricket game a region free just like all ps3 games. so that if we wish we may import the game anywhere in the world.

does it cost them extra to make a game region free???

i only have xbox 360, but i live in canada. i guess i have to buy it on PC. but my pc is crap and it might not work on it.

my question is why big ant can't make this cricket game a region free just like all ps3 games. so that if we wish we may import the game anywhere in the world.

It entirely up to Microsoft.

We are trying to get US distribution, if not at shopfront retail then at least locally at online retail.

We are trying to get US distribution, if not at shopfront retail then at least locally at online retail.

Ross, couple of questions regarding the North American version of DBC14, if it happens...

1. Will the game code, say for PS3, be the same as the UK & Australian version, i.e. BLES-XXXX? Or will it be different?

2. Will the patches and DLCs be available on PSN in North America at the same time as other regions (UK, Aus etc.) or will there be a say a month's lag?

It's fine if you don't have answers to these questions for the time being, but do consider them and keep them at the back of your mind as it will influence whether folks in North America import the game from UK or buy it locally.

The communications ID for PSN and for DLC will be the same worldwide for PlayStation3.

I doubt very much if we can get it into US retail, we will likely get local online distribution so at least you are not importing.

The communications ID for PSN and for DLC will be the same worldwide for PlayStation3.

I doubt very much if we can get it into US retail, we will likely get local online distribution so at least you are not importing.

By "communication id" do you mean the name or code of the game on the PS3 game cover or side jacket? As an example Madden 13 in North America had the name/game code "BLUS 30973F" whereas the same game in Europe/UK had the code as "BLES XXXXX".

When you download a patch/DLC, PS3 stores it internally in a folder with the same name as the official name code (BLES XXXX). So if you get the game from US and the DLC from UK psn, or the other way round, you end up with game data a nd DLC/patch data being installed/stored in different locations thus patch/DLC is never applied.

If DBC14 will have the same code across the world, we should be fine but if we have different code in North America and Europe/UK/Aus, then folks in NA need to be careful where they get the game from and which psn region they get the DLC/patch from.

IMO we will need to have a more detailed discussion on the topic closer to the release of the game and before pre-orders kick off.

We can make it so the patch works everywhere, the leaderboards will also be linked. It is very unlikely for us to have a different BLES codes for different regions on PlayStation3.

Understood that the Patches/DLC must match the region of the BLES code.

Indeed patch/DLC must even match the Digital or Disk version, they are not interchangeable either.

Its MS that decides the games region lock. So go complain to MS

We can make it so the patch works everywhere, the leaderboards will also be linked. It is very unlikely for us to have a different BLES codes for different regions on PlayStation3.

Understood that the Patches/DLC must match the region of the BLES code.

Indeed patch/DLC must even match the Digital or Disk version, they are not interchangeable either.

Great! I think we are on the same page and this issue stems from the fact that even though Sony allows PS3 games to be region free, DLC is not!

Generally, I have seen games having a different game code in different regions but if this is not the case for DBC14, which essentially means you are selling the same UK/Aus games in North America, we should be fine.

Looking forward to more details when you iron out the details pertaining to North American distribution/sale of DBC14 :thumbs

----------

Its MS that decides the games region lock. So go complain to MS

Folks did and MS did listen and that's why Xbone games will be region free a la PS3/PS4 games :yes

So Ross I should take it that, with me being in Jamaica and (in my haste buying a PS3) would mean my access to DB Cricket would be relegated to PC. So this means 2 things for me:

1. I'm gonna sell my PS3
2. Gonna have to upgrade my PC.

I have no issue with both really, are you at liberty to state what online distribution platform you will be using? (please say Steam)

Users who are viewing this thread