• SACHIN TENDULKAR

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • BRIAN LARA

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BC Lara said:
Sachin is on the decline, Lara is at his peak.
Who told you this...?? Wisden?? :D

BC Lara said:
Funny how you are the only one I've ever heard express this sentiment.
yeah i too feel the same about you... :D

rahulk666 said:
Point taken.
I too would have Tendulkar in my team than Lara... But if the match was down the wire I would always pick Lara instead of tendulkar... But that does not mean Lara is the best... If I was to choose a player when the match was down the wire I will pass on both Tendulkar and Lara and pick M. Bevan... but does that make Bevan better than Lara or Tendulkar??

Bevan? :eek:

Are we discussing test matches of one day cricket here? :)

rahulk666 said:
Who told you this...?? Wisden?? :D

Nope.

The Don. :D

BC Lara said:
Bevan? :eek:

Are we discussing test matches of one day cricket here? :)

Nope.

The Don. :D
We are discussing their entire career just not Tests... I knew you would say Don... Now I know that whoever tells you that you are a fool (not just Don or Wisden)... you would still agree :D

If I had to pick a batsman at crunch time in Tests I would prefer S. Waugh over Tendulkar and Lara...

And whatsup with that long gap between Nope and Don?? :D

Last edited:
Another stupid pointless thread discussing two equally great and different batsmen. This is getting to be a waste of my time in these forums. Initially I joined to get quality downloads for Cricket 2004, as the patching community here is magnificent. Sadly the forums here with the exception of a few people is getting on my nerves. I'm just going to limit my participation I guess to downloading stuff and maybe a few reasonable threads.

I'd say that Tendulkar is the more technically gifted batsman of the two, but Lara tends to win more matches for his team. It's easy to forget that for the last couple of years, Lara has, to some extent, been carrying a team.

Tendulkar is top in some areas, Lara is top in others. Overall, I'd say they're about equal.

Yea, they both do.

The Little master has the edge, though. Consistency suggests this.

P.S. This is my last post for this thread... I think you (BC Lara) and myself are going nowhere with this argument. Tendulkar is the best for me and Lara for you. Let's just keep it at that and move on.

The way I'm seeing it reading so many posts, its becoming -- Indian members (for Sachin ) v/s rest ( mixed ). No surprise there. However, the thread is having some pointless arguments

andrew_nixon said:
I'd say that Tendulkar is the more technically gifted batsman of the two, but Lara tends to win more matches for his team. It's easy to forget that for the last couple of years, Lara has, to some extent, been carrying a team.

Tendulkar is top in some areas, Lara is top in others. Overall, I'd say they're about equal.

Age is an importent factor In cricket and I take that into consideration,The fact that Lara is 36 & he is still playing long innings I give him benefit of the doubt where sachin Tendulkar has Injurie problems due to age,

I go with Brian Lara :D

This is the same topic as "Who's better Shewag or Afridi?"

"History repeating itself, only this time theirs different people"

Topic Closed or Is It :confused: (Admins/Moderators)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread