WHO IS BETTER SACHIN OR LARA...???

• SACHIN TENDULKAR

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • BRIAN LARA

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i will go with sachin ramesh tendulkar. he is more consistent. lara score 400,375 and 7(7-2)5 doubles and get to 10000 test runs in 195. so did sachin except he scored 4 doubles and no triples or quadruples. tendulkar is way more consistent. then in odi cricket...lara is no where near to tendulkar. tendulkar is the best batsman in odi cricket.

UNFAIR TO CHOOSE BETWEEN GREAT PLAYERS
CURRENTLY LARA

But Lara not no.1 anyway? Inzy's better, Ponting's better, Dravid's better

*********ALL TIME*************

ONE DAYERS
1.SACHIN TENDULKAR
then some 10 players,
Then Lara.

To me, Ganguly has better all time one day record than Lara

TESTS
1.BRADMAN
maybe some former legends
5 DRAVID
few more legends
10 or 11 LARA
few more
14 GAVASKAR
15 TENDULKAR

Not voting,........

Wow, pages 4 and 5 of this thread contained nothing. Lara's knock was brilliant yesterday. Tendulkar in his prime played many such innings. Lara definitely has the ability to play long innings--this is one of the things that Sachin lacks. It is Dravid who can play the long innings--Sachin tends to lose concentration after getting to his century. Just reminded me a quote that Sunny Gavaskar made, "I tend to get out in the 190's." Hahaha!

:onpc
tendulkar is injured right now. he made a 136 with a career threatenin back injury in 1999 against pakistan and india lost by 12 runs. tell lara back with a injury. not to mention tennis elbow,tell lara score the most runs in a world cup, get 19more centuries,5more in test,4000more odi runs,150 against each team, yeah then he can be called better than sachin. o yeah and be consistent. tendulkar can make 400 if he had the opportunity. india is selfish like lara. sachin isnt selfish like lara. lara bat 3 days and knew the match wud draw. for who?not the team but HIMSELF wen he made the 400. tendulkar got a chanceless 241n.o against australia and india declared. a 194n.o against pakistan and they declared. do u tink lara wud've declared on 190. NO.HE CARES ABOUT HIMSELF.EVEN RIDLEY JACOBS SAID SO.HE PLAYED WITH HIM SO HE WUD KNOW MORE THAN US.lara just down right selfish. i would prefer to buy codemasters game if it wasnt named brian lara cricket.
best batsman of all time.
Lara said himself that sachin is better than him!
1) sir donald bradman
2) sir vivian richards
3) sachin tendulkar
4) brian lara
in odis tendulkar is the best of all time!
o yeh all those lara fans gine say lara had hepatitis and wrist injury.ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. big deal. he didnt play with hepatitis. maybe he played with the wrist. tendulkar played the series against pakistan with tennis elbow, among other series.
tendulkar is the best!!!!!!!!!
lara has gotten consistent this year. but not in odis. out to a full toss caught behind the wicket!poor!just poor!(5thodi vs south africa) lotto scores that series. the 1st number is 8, the second 0, the third 32, the fourth 22, the fifth 12.
plain old poor!
sachin made 123 against pakistan with tennis elbow this year! b4 94,52,52!
tendulkar whoops lara.
:boxing

Ashish_Nehra said:
Inzy's better, Dravid's better

Shocking.

I shall leave this thread be, the blatant hatred for Lara here is uncalled for. But as they say, to each his own.

And for the record, I have nothing against Sachin, he's a fantastic player. Just that I prefer The Prince.

One Love.

Last edited:
Well, some of the aggression against Tendulkar earlier was also uncalled for. Although I must say the last few arguments have been quite...err...stupid. Apart from the fact that they seem to be composed of one large block which is just one sentence. Not very easy reading.

....actually I'm better than both Sachin and Lara.
I was gonna play but both Australia, India and Pakistan wanted me but I'm busy these days.. so maybe you'll be seeing me thrash Sachin and Lara's records out of the park next year

My aggression towards Tendulkar mainly came from the uncalled for aggression for Lara.

On another note, I think this (Lara vs Tendulkar) might be probably the most debated topic in world sports.:)

I think it'll be really exciting for world cricket in the coming years. It'll be similar to Murali and Warne. If both are able to keep up their fitness, there should be a pretty engrossing individual competition at hand. I can't wait for the Indian tour of Windies, now.

Sadly, everytime the West Indies play India the Lara vs Tendulkar clash always fails to materialise. It's either Lara is out of form, or Sachin is injured or out of form himself.

I'm also looking forward to next year.:D

But we have the Aussies away just before that.:) :(

That's a surefire way to halt any momentum that they'll have gained. :o, I think India are going around the sub-continent for the most part. Hopefully Greg Chappell can revitalize their attitude and what not. This will probably be Tendulkar's last segment of his international career. I think if his injury recurs, he may just call it quits. Let a new India develop. Hope he lasts till WC2007, though. Cause I may be going to watch that live.

Lara seems to be running out of steam as well, looked very tired in the latter part of his innings yesterday, which more than likely it seems led to his dismissal.

He's hoping to retire after the World Cup, though. Hope he lasts till then.

Sometimes I wish he could play forever.:(

fanirama said:
....actually I'm better than both Sachin and Lara.
I was gonna play but both Australia, India and Pakistan wanted me but I'm busy these days.. so maybe you'll be seeing me thrash Sachin and Lara's records out of the park next year
Wake up, its time for your happy pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread