Who should replace Gough?

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Darren Gough has announced his retirement from Test cricket. After 228 wickets he stands 8th in England's all-time wicket takers.

But who should replace him in the third Test.

Richard Johnson and Matthew Hoggard are still injured so we may need to bring in someone who hasn't played for awhile, or someone who has never played for England.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
I vote for Glen Chapple, he's been in excellent form this season and the last two seasons with both ball and bat. He's been very unlucky not to play for England in the past and I think it's time to give him a chance.

I

imported_graham

well i carnt vote, i no nuffing, i dont realli follow cricket besdies aussie c ricket so yeah

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I think Robin Martin Jenkins should be given a chance. Other people not on the poll I'd like to see have a go include James Ormond and Chad Keegan (the Middx bowler).

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
I forgot about James Ormond, he has been in good form recently.

But I'd still like to see Chapple be given a chance for his all-round ability.

I

imported_Rollo

Ormond is probably the best english bowler in domestic cricket(i'm talking about the national league and county championship) so he's my pick.Kirtley's got a lot to learn so he shouldn't even be up there.

Sanju

Club Cricketer
I think one player from lancashire i dont know his name quite but his name is something chapple.He is a really good bowler i think he should get a break!!!.England selectors should keep rotating the players with QAULITY players.Otherwise its just a waste to bring average players.

Sanju

Club Cricketer
I think one player from lancashire i dont know his name quite but his name is something chapple.He is a really good bowler i think he should get a break!!!.England selectors should keep rotating the players with QAULITY players.Otherwise its just a waste to bring average players.

I

imported_Rollo

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Aug 5 2003, 05:40 PM
I put Chapple in the poll Insha, you should have voted for him!
Noooooooooooooooooo........! :lol: :lol:

Sanju

Club Cricketer
I thought u only put players who have played at international level.
Glad to know he is in the poll.
He will be a great asset to the english team like J.Anderson. :D :thumbs:

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
And for his batting too! Two centuries already this season and some excellent performances with the bat in one-day games. He also holds the record for the fastest first-class century ever!

Sanju

Club Cricketer
The big question is then why is he not in the english team?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?